Author Topic: All maps for practice mode  (Read 6908 times)

Offline MightyKeb

• Salutes: 78
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
All maps for practice mode
« on: February 26, 2015, 06:46:52 pm »
I assume this has been suggested before, but why hasnt it been done yet?! This'd vastly improve the practice mode's uses. From a novice driving in rumble to comp teams examining maps without having to take two extra pilots. Some maps out there like Canyon really have alot of places to study and use. Aside that, players can use it to discover Crazy King maps. Hell, make a CK tutorial too even, it's already too confusing for novices.

Offline DJ Logicalia

• Salutes: 191
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
Re: All maps for practice mode
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2015, 07:16:30 pm »
It's on the mythical list of things the devs are promising to do. I have no doubt it will happen eventually, but. It's just taking so long

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2015, 07:24:52 pm »
it's too confusing to know your ABCs

Keb, those pilots can't even play in death match in dunes without crashing into something (you know that feel. you know that feel). The big shiny light is not obvious enough?

Yes a tutorial on crazy king would be nice, it is needed. But low lvl players are what they are because they do precisely the opposite what we tell them to.

Go to novice? Nop jump straight into advanced. Read the manual? Take pilot slot and fly a galleon with no idea on wtf you're meant to do to fly the thing nor know how the guns work.

Do the tutorial? Get yelled at by vets as you bring a fire extinguisher and a range finder (or even impact bumpers) as a 2nd gunner and ignore recommended builds.

Hand need to be held less, and more forced instead. Tutorial should be mandatory.

As for sandbox I want a poon target dummy. For minotaur practice.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 07:27:13 pm by Maximillian Jazzhand »

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2015, 07:51:18 pm »
Well, Devs know that many people want this but they refuse to do it. Either they have more important things to implement or they're just mean.

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2015, 07:57:55 pm »
And all ships spawnable, with scroll wheel to control the distance of spawn. That would have helped a lot with the current Minotaur problem.

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2015, 08:51:00 pm »
Well, Devs know that many people want this but they refuse to do it. Either they have more important things to implement or they're just mean.

They really should hurry up with that hiring more staff thing. They shoulda planned for this the moment they decided to go for such a huge undertaking.

Also I want an option to spawn a Lulu AI to ship bot.

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2015, 10:45:00 pm »
And all ships spawnable, with scroll wheel to control the distance of spawn. That would have helped a lot with the current Minotaur problem.
p

This more than ANYTHING ELSE

Offline MightyKeb

• Salutes: 78
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2015, 03:23:38 am »
it's too confusing to know your ABCs

Keb, those pilots can't even play in death match in dunes without crashing into something (you know that feel. you know that feel). The big shiny light is not obvious enough?

Yes a tutorial on crazy king would be nice, it is needed. But low lvl players are what they are because they do precisely the opposite what we tell them to.

Go to novice? Nop jump straight into advanced. Read the manual? Take pilot slot and fly a galleon with no idea on wtf you're meant to do to fly the thing nor know how the guns work.

Do the tutorial? Get yelled at by vets as you bring a fire extinguisher and a range finder (or even impact bumpers) as a 2nd gunner and ignore recommended builds.

Hand need to be held less, and more forced instead. Tutorial should be mandatory.

As for sandbox I want a poon target dummy. For minotaur practice.

I've only used new players as an example to demonstrate one of its many uses. So what if they crash on dunes? They'll learn not to next time they fly paritan. New players dont stay new, they learn and improve or they quit, its impossible for them to exist otherwise.

Now to the actual topic that youve almost derailed with your crude generlization of new players - what do you have against practice mode having all maps in general? Because your argument isnt contributing to the topic at all and assumes only novice players ever use practice mode (All novice but a certain ceres doing 8 figures in ribs)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 03:25:30 am by MightyKeb »

Offline Dementio

• Salutes: 135
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2015, 04:20:27 am »
The problem to add all maps for practise mode lies in the backend of this game. I have no idea what Muse has done that this is not easily possible within a day or two, but it apparantly takes way longer than it should do. At the moment, Muse is still working on co-op at the same time as trying to fix all possible bugs in the current game (and hopefully improving the balance a little bit after they destroyed it again), so I would not expect this any time soon.

Offline Sarabelle Marlowe

• Salutes: 25
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2015, 11:35:42 pm »
A shame really, not having all of the maps available. I like to now and again take new members of my guild and train them in practice. Having access to all of the maps would make it a lot more interesting as far as training them goes, especially if they want to know the ins and outs of the maps as a pilot.

Then again, if I had to choose between waiting for new maps or co-op to be polished and ready, I think I'll wait on the maps XD