Author Topic: Decals  (Read 18807 times)

Offline Lanliss

• Salutes: 24
    • View Profile
Decals
« on: February 26, 2015, 05:42:57 pm »
is there anyone who would be willing to make requested decals to submit to the workshop? I have an idea, but absolutely no artistic capability. Let me know if you are willing and I could either post my idea here or PM you.

P.S. any admins that see this, sorry for putting it in two separate threads, I had not thought to check the gallery for a workshop area. If you can, would you remove my post in the general area?

Offline shaelyn

• Salutes: 73
    • [◉‿◉]
    • View Profile
Re: Decals
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2015, 07:33:36 pm »
locked it :)

you might as well just post your idea; if the right person sees it, the ball will get rolling then.

Offline Lanliss

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2015, 07:43:51 pm »
Ok then. I have always been a fan of winter, so I was thinking of a Clockwork Snowflake. The shapes of cogs would fit great with the design. My idea was for a 12 pointed snowflake with a 6 pointed substructure(closer to the middle). I was thinking it could either be done as a solid piece, or as a bunch of gears that line up to make the snowflake shape. Anyone doing this pretty much has complete freedom though, and these are just suggestions. I just want to be able to put a snowflake on my airship.

Offline Sarabelle Marlowe

• Salutes: 25
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2015, 08:50:32 pm »
I could give it a whirl (so to speak). I did this paw theme one:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=359548530
some time ago, and thought about doing a series of trailing snowflakes awhile back. I'll see what I come up with if you'd like.

Offline Lanliss

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2015, 08:57:39 pm »
That looks awesome, and I would be happy if you took a shot at this. You actually could also do the trail idea you had, but do a trail of gears and snowflakes together, to keep in the steampunk theme. But seriously, do whatever you like with it. I am just happy I got the idea out there, and I will be happy to put whatever you make on my ship. From the look of that paw, it will be amazing. You are the artist so you have the freedom.

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2015, 04:53:38 am »
Ok, I finished it. Is this something you were thinking?

Here's the 12 point gears in snowflake. I found out quickly that its rather hard to make gears and snowflakes not blend together to the point its hard to tell one from the other on a very small scale. Still, I might give that idea a go sometime, but here's something first.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 04:58:14 am by Sarabelle Marlowe »

Offline Lanliss

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2015, 02:02:14 pm »
That already looks almost exactly like what I was thinking. Awesome. Thanks for taking this on.

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2015, 02:42:20 pm »

Offline Lanliss

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2015, 05:55:19 pm »
Is there a formal decal request thread, for future reference, or will I just have to start a thread like this for any ideas I have? Not important immediately, I would just like to know. And if there is not, maybe some of the artists who would be willing to do things like this should set up a thread for requests, just to get more works into the workshop. Quite a few good things in the workshop already, but nowhere near the volume I have seen in other games. Although now that I think about it, that is likely due to the small player base.