Author Topic: The game you mostly play  (Read 182401 times)

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
The game you mostly play
« on: February 26, 2015, 02:06:16 pm »
What games (apart from goio) are you playing? You can either tell one your favourite game or just the one you recently play.

For me both categories are filled by Europa Universalis IV

Offline David Dire

• Salutes: 62
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
Re: The game you mostly play
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2015, 02:09:16 pm »
GOIO I do probably play the most, however, I recently have gotten very hooked into the game Verdun. For anyone that doesn't know about it, it's basically a WW1 Trench warfare simulator, but, not bad. One of the most realistic game's I've ever played.

Offline Riggatto

• Salutes: 60
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2015, 02:16:12 pm »
Currently: Civ V and Sunless Sea

Favorite over time: Left 4 Dead 2

Offline Lanliss

• Salutes: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2015, 02:19:20 pm »
On PC, Team Fortress 2, and Killing floor (get hyped for KF2!)

On consoles, Diablo 3, Kingdoms of Amalur:Reckoning, and dead space 2(I have made very little progress in DS2, if you played it please no spoilers)

Offline DJ Logicalia

• Salutes: 191
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2015, 02:49:33 pm »
I played my Wii U a ton back home because it's the best console out there right now (which I will argue if anyone wants me too) but I ain't got a TV at college, so it's strictly PC for me here. I picked up Hitman: Absolution in the last humble bundle,  and thats a lot of fun. I've been playing a lot of Payday 2 with one of my IRL friends which is a blast as well. Cole Phelps is my spirit animal, and I played Fallout NV a ton on my 360, and am slowing working my way through it again. With mods.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 02:53:24 pm by DJ Logicalia »

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2015, 02:52:14 pm »
Elder scrolls: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim. I used to play Arena too, much love for the Elder Scrolls games (except ESO which I ignore the existence of as the game is too focused on selling to "mainstream ideals" to be as good as the other elder scrolls games.)

Defiance (pre- free to play) One of the first 1mil damage counts against the big monkey boss when it first came out! A great fun game if you're into shooters in apocalypse settings, also fun if you like driving around and being a hired gun, though for a multiplayer it lacks in decent team play community.

Lord of the rings online: Lots of time and money invested in this game long ago, maybe I'll go back to it one day, but not too soon.

Lego Universe: Why oh why Lego did you give up on this fun little gem!
A plot of land to build your own creations on! Fun easy to play adventures to collect more blocks to build with, or money to buy the blocks!
A shame they wrote it off. :(

Space Engineers: Because space and building is fun!
Had the pleasure of meeting their lead Dev Marek Rosa by pure chance during a traditional Czech/Slovak meet on High Tatra! :)

Landmark: I really should play this more with my gaming partner! We intend to build either a goldfish or pyramidion once we get settled into the game. :)

Kerbal Space Program: Because launching your own Kerbal Minions into orbit around the planet is fun, and setting challenges for Jacob is fun too! :)

Mass Effect 3 (PS3) Because reasons!

Rage (PS3) Because apocalypse reasons!

SSX Tricky and SSX (PS3) because snowboarding is fun.

Age of empires, 1, 2 (pc) RTS at its retro-best.

Toy Commander (Dreamcast) because it reminds me of when I played with toys as a kid!

Life Is Fiedal (your own) though its been a long time since I played, I look forward to the MMO's release.

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2015, 02:59:53 pm »
Before GOI I played a lot of Mount & Blade. If I can't commit to a full game of GOI I play subnautica or Puzzle Quest. I also like flight sims like IL-2 and Rise of Flight.

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2015, 03:01:37 pm »
Before GOI I played a lot of Mount & Blade. If I can't commit to a full game of GOI I play subnautica or Puzzle Quest. I also like flight sims like IL-2 and Rise of Flight.

Ohh M&B, my travel friend when on long journeys with laptop and no WiFi!

Also I should have mentioned Puzzle Pirates.
Good for team play and puzzles!

Soo many games! Not enough time!

Offline BlackenedPies

• Salutes: 134
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2015, 03:49:10 pm »
My top 3 are IL 2 Sturmovik 1946, STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl, and Morrowind.

Wargame and GoI are my favorite online but Wargame is very challenging.

Can't wait for KF2!

Offline Sarabelle Marlowe

• Salutes: 25
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2015, 03:56:08 pm »
Hmm, well, depends on how far back we go.

I used to play WoW quite alot. I was raid healer and Alistair was raid tank for our guild. Before Panda Expansion we quit though. Our guild was fantastic which was the reason we stuck around as long as we did, but the quality of game as well as the feeling of paying for a second job kinda killed it for us. We tried other MMOs but never really found one that worked. I play an awful amount of Skyrim (over 600 hours, shhh...) and games like Borderlands+, Dishonored and until recently due to the balls up on Ubisoft, Assassins Creed.

Now outside of video games I usually run a table top rp. I have a Dark Heresy 2ed going on as well as a 7th Sea game once a week or so. I've played a ton mainstream and some indy RP games (from old and new World of Darkness and expansions, AD&D and up, Pathfinder, 7th Sea, Five Rings, ect) I also play table top miniature games such as Warhammer 40k (have a chaos and tyranid army, so the underdogs as it were) and once in a while Malifaux (think grim magic alt history steampunk western and that's something close to what Malifaux is.)

When I'm not playing games I write terrible fan-fic of games I love...so still something to do with games. Or paint mini's for games, or write settings for other games....hmm...I might have a problem...naaaahhh

Offline Replaceable

• Salutes: 84
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2015, 03:59:28 pm »
Lately this week. Nothing, nothing at all.

Week before, ziggurat and not even goio.

Week before that ziggurat and goio.

Guys help I don't want to play video games very much anymore. [Well actually, maybe don't help it could be a good thing.] 

Offline Indreams

• Salutes: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2015, 03:59:55 pm »
Before GOI I played a lot of Mount & Blade.

Mount and Blade. Yea. I think I sunk more time in M&B than any other game. I should have a save where I conquered all of Calradia. Day one-thousand something.

I just picked up Saints Row 4 on sale. I've been playing quite a bit of that. (22 hours in the past two weeks)

My favorite game of all time? Guns of Icarus Online, Ziggurat, Realm of Mad God, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Pandora: First Contact, and This War of Mine.

Guns of Icarus Online has a great community.
Ziggurat is a good rogue-like. I'm waiting for a sequel or something.
Realm of Mad God is good for burning 5~10 min.
XCOM: Enemy Unkown, I simply enjoy.
Pandora: First Contact, in my opinion, is a better game than Civ Beyond Earth. Shame it isn't as popular.
This War of Mine... I cried after I survived it.

Offline Replaceable

• Salutes: 84
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2015, 04:03:17 pm »
Ziggurat is a good rogue-like. I'm waiting for a sequel or something.

There are updates :o
Also console commands to go OP if you get bored. (Doesn't count your highscores/ cant unlock anything which is good)

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2015, 04:06:09 pm »
Guys, keep those short. One-two favs and/or one-two recent. Don't post the list of all the game you've been playing for the last 12 years :P

Offline Dutch Vanya

• Salutes: 107
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2015, 04:13:04 pm »
Team Fortress 2 & Chivalry: Medieval Warfare are my other go-to pvp games. I absolutely adore Don't Starve and the multiplayer beta. I've also been playing Darkest Dungeon.