Author Topic: The game you mostly play  (Read 180504 times)

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
Re: The game you mostly play
« Reply #120 on: August 31, 2015, 07:16:19 pm »

Oh god no, to hell with the Grey Knights. Space Marines Ultramarines are bad enough.

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #121 on: August 31, 2015, 07:50:23 pm »

Oh god no, to hell with the Grey Knights. Space Marines Ultramarines are bad enough.

currently getting the DS version of Trauma center. should be a lark.

also I already have the android version of the world ends with you. Should I bother with the DS version seeing as its so highly celebrated?

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #122 on: September 02, 2015, 06:45:32 pm »
I recently found my old gameboy colour and have been playing Pokemon for nostalgia sake. :)

Offline Lieutenant Noir

• Salutes: 17
    • [❤™]
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 02, 2015, 09:37:22 pm »
If I ever have a free moment, I play Dragon's Dogma
Dragon's Dogma is a game that has a noticeable lack of content but is just so much fun to play

You can just tell that this was a game that the game developers had been dreaming of making since their childhood and there is just so much love in it I don't even know where to begin.

Think of your "idea" fantasy party and the roles that they play. In this game it amplifies them to an ungodly amount
Ranger - Can fire 10 arrows in rapid succession (You literally fire a shot gun), you can snipe, and charge up a single shot that cracks the silence like a gun shot
Strider - Can climb huge enemies (Shadow of the Colossus style), even flying enemies faster than every other class and you literally rip them open with daggers
Sorcerer - Rain meteors showers, Summon Tornadoes that bounce enemies in the air, unleash a Glacier that impales a north pole into enemies
Mystic Knight - Think of a Paladin that acts as a tactician you apply buffs, lay down traps, and when you time a perfect block on an enemy with a buffed magic shield.... time stops, the ground shakes, and the frame rate goes negative.

Oh and most importantly, the game is actually hard and so you have to use those skills "skillfully".
I guess all the experience in Monster Hunter and Devil May Cry payed off for Capcom.

There's no co-op but to compensate, a frustratingly annoying AI pawn system that you eventually get used to. They never shut up but they grow on you after all those well-timed meteors as well as adapting to your play style the more you play a certain class.

The game still has a community after all these years in the Xbox Gamefaqs Forum and it's pretty tight. There's an online raid for the Ur Dragon hunt and some of the skill videos for that make you wonder how many decades you would have to sacrifice in order to pull those tricks off.

It is a game that is a janky mess at times but is just too much fun. They announced a free to play MMO version of the game without a western release and that sort of pissed me off. But to be able to swing around monsters (Like in Attack on Titan), summon tornadoes, unleash Arrow fed Artillery... but with friends
Looks like I found my new home for the next two years and I'm happy Capcom didn't forget they still had this IP under their belt.

Offline Kamoba

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 03, 2015, 12:53:36 am »
I play Dragons Dogma! (though its been a while since I played!) it was the logical choice being a Monster Hunter fan :)

Offline Lieutenant Noir

• [❤™]
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 03, 2015, 09:51:01 pm »
Whoo a fellow Dragon's Dogma player!

What was your character?

Mine was Helga the Fat, Ork Paladin (Otherwise known as Bimbo Baggins) and her trusty little pawn Merlin the Elvin Sorcerer.
They were renowned throughout Gransys as the Fire Drake Gang Bangers.

Man, I wanna play now

Offline Kamoba

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 04, 2015, 01:56:18 am »
Mine was William Kamoba, an agile assassin who fearlessly mounted many beasts to bring them.to their demise!
My pawn, I forgot the name, a mage for support, healing and ranged spells helped so much while climbing things, especially gryphons!

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #127 on: September 04, 2015, 09:33:23 pm »
Playing disgaea ds (already played the psp version and the ps2 version to completion). oh dear god I forgot how addictive and fun this is.

Its so clever because its a game all about cheating. e.g. to lvl up you could be a tool and just grind and slowly beat stronger and stronger enemies.

Or you can be smart by lvling one character up the butt and lvl everyone else up via team attacks or tower combos as well as buying end game items early and making a lvl 1 character as strong as the last boss of the game.

Currently making a galaxy mage that knows every spell in the game so she can beat the game all by herself by stacking buffs. and firing off any elemental spell needed to maximise dmg (and do it with aoe that can hit nearly every enemy that can hurt her before they reach her). as well as the ability to full heal herself including status affects.

add in end game items that makes her near untouchable anyway.

the completely perfect invincible character.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 09:35:17 pm by Maximillian Jazzhand »

Offline Dryykon

• Salutes: 10
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 05, 2015, 01:13:47 am »
Monster Hunter is a glorious game. I had 500+ hours dumped into my PSP before my brother broke it.

The game I mostly play is Mount & Blade: Warband, having almost 1600 hours. That amount of hours is measly compared to many people in the competitive scene, who are mostly upwards of 3000+. The competitive scene in Warband is similar to that in GoIO in that it is driven by a small amount of people.

Offline Koali

• Salutes: 56
    • [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 05, 2015, 01:14:54 am »
Whup your brother upside the head with a Great Sword for me, would you?

Offline Dryykon

• Salutes: 10
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 05, 2015, 01:31:54 am »

8) Perhaps I shall.

He broke it while I was away at university. His one still works.

Offline Kamoba

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 05, 2015, 02:22:30 am »

8) Perhaps I shall.

He broke it while I was away at university. His one still works.

Problem: Lack of Monster Hunter due to sibling.
How to fix: Working PSP for use with Monster Hunter.
Solution: Beat sibling and let them keep broken one, while claiming working one.

#siblingproblems
Though admittedly I was the thief of me and my brother, I stole his Raichu in Pokemon in exchange for a Catapie while he was out... 8)

Offline Koali

• Salutes: 56
    • [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 05, 2015, 10:28:35 am »
Kamoba, you son of a gun!

I bought my big bro's Diamond cartridge so I could get his many legendaries (he liked messing around with the Action Replay) and transfer them to Pearl... Then Y... Then Omega Ruby.

So I have a lvl. 100 Gen. 6 Arceus now.

Offline Lieutenant Noir

• [❤™]
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 09, 2015, 06:15:05 am »
OMG OMG

http://www.capcom-unity.com/gregaman/blog/2015/09/08/dragons-dogma-dark-arisen-coming-to-pc

God does exist,

Hey guys, seriously check out this game if you didn't want to play it because it was on Consoles. It is way too much fun for it's own good and more producers need to understand that fun gameplay = smart business decision.

Offline Kamoba

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 09, 2015, 06:42:54 am »
OMG OMG

http://www.capcom-unity.com/gregaman/blog/2015/09/08/dragons-dogma-dark-arisen-coming-to-pc

God does exist,

Hey guys, seriously check out this game if you didn't want to play it because it was on Consoles. It is way too much fun for it's own good and more producers need to understand that fun gameplay = smart business decision.

Very nice! If only they'd do.the same with monster hunter too...
But this'll do!