Author Topic: The game you mostly play  (Read 182780 times)

Offline Schwalbe

• Salutes: 178
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
Re: The game you mostly play
« Reply #105 on: August 26, 2015, 06:33:22 am »
I play a lot of classics like DOOM, Unreal Tournament

Good ol' times.

Offline Koali

• Salutes: 56
    • [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 26, 2015, 08:56:36 am »
My engineering class last year had the Unreal dev kit on the computers, so we had little LAN parties in our free time.

Offline Schwalbe

• [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 26, 2015, 11:07:55 am »
Hah, UDK is fun to play around with, if you don't want to do something more advanced - I remember studying hierarchy of, like, 5 classes of Unreal engine's code, to do a task I was told to do; 11 000 lines of code.

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 26, 2015, 02:38:23 pm »
And long live the queen is a cheapp death simulator. Unless you've previously played or using a walkthrough you cannot get an ending you want because it throws you curve balls that you cannot possibly prepare for unless you cheated.

No warnings for any kind of event. It just happens and you pray you got the right skills up to deal with it.

If you want something of a similar vein (but actually good) play the stanley parable.

Yeah, this is partially true. But that's the design - you play once and based of your desicions and the tests you failed you can either change your decisions or prepare. But yeah, I'll probably use sort-of walkthrough or at least a cheat sheet with the most important events written down.

It is highly dissapointing that some events have literally no effects in the plot regardless you pass the test or not. And some skills are really useless or worse - extremely important but they must be maxed out to pass just one test during whole run.

Is Stanley Parable similar to Long Live the Queen? I wouldn't say so, in any way. I consider Stanley Parable more as a "walking simulator" kind of game and Long Live the Queen as visual novel with some cool progression elements (or some kind of visual novel - rpg mix). Thanks for the recommendation nonetheless, I've played some Stanley Parable a while ago.

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 26, 2015, 04:30:24 pm »
Stanley Parable is great, I love the narrator.

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #110 on: August 26, 2015, 10:13:38 pm »
http://ffvii-reimagined.com/

get it while you still can do note its an alpha. expect bugs.

Offline ShadedExalt

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 26, 2015, 10:51:52 pm »
http://fenglee.com/game/aog/

Attack on Titan tribute game.

Pick a character, fumble with the controls, get eaten/crushed by titans, eventually sling around the environment one shotting titans by hitting them in the back of the neck.

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #112 on: August 26, 2015, 11:14:49 pm »
waiting for the android release of that.

that game is seriously the best attack on titan game possible. No game created so far from official companies have come close to good.

Offline Schwalbe

• [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 27, 2015, 04:34:49 am »
And I'm sitting here, finishing Dawn Of War 2 for the second time - this time enjoying it more for some reason - in more-or-less free time...

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #114 on: August 27, 2015, 07:25:53 am »
And I'm sitting here, finishing Dawn Of War 2 for the second time - this time enjoying it more for some reason - in more-or-less free time...

playing a game knowing that there won't be another of the series... its the sadness enjoyment.

Offline ShadedExalt

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 27, 2015, 10:18:45 am »
I was really excited about the possibility of a second Space Marine game, but THQ shut down.

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 27, 2015, 11:34:06 am »
Well, since Games Workshop is now selling licence to basically anyone they can I wouldn't be suprised if another game of that sort would be created sooner or later.

Offline ShadedExalt

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 27, 2015, 12:14:01 pm »
Who do you guys think win in the end?

Smart Money's on the Nids, but I say Chaos.

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #118 on: August 28, 2015, 03:45:33 pm »

If the end times retcon (thanks for ruining my favourite fantasy universe GW) is any indication. Chaos has always won.

Nid's suffer a similar issue to the necrons. They can't touch chaos. They can destroy its agents but chaos itself. Nope.

And the space marine game was planned to be a trilogy. Captain Titus was meant to go with the black templar. Then goes renegade and is followed by those who remained loyal to him. He explores why he's immune to chaos as he thwarts chaos and eventually founds his own chapter.

Frankly I have always thought Space Marine should have been a Grey Knights game. No 40k video game plot ever stops at the first enemy.

The final boss is always freaking chaos in the end.

Offline DaOrks

• Salutes: 12
    • [◥ɸ◤]
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 28, 2015, 11:24:29 pm »

If the end times retcon (thanks for ruining my favourite fantasy universe GW) is any indication. Chaos has always won.

Nid's suffer a similar issue to the necrons. They can't touch chaos. They can destroy its agents but chaos itself. Nope.

And the space marine game was planned to be a trilogy. Captain Titus was meant to go with the black templar. Then goes renegade and is followed by those who remained loyal to him. He explores why he's immune to chaos as he thwarts chaos and eventually founds his own chapter.

Frankly I have always thought Space Marine should have been a Grey Knights game. No 40k video game plot ever stops at the first enemy.

The final boss is always freaking chaos in the end.

Oh god no, to hell with the Grey Knights. Space Marines are bad enough.

Also as far as I know Choasy things don't effect the Nids.