Author Topic: The game you mostly play  (Read 177998 times)

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
Re: The game you mostly play
« Reply #75 on: August 03, 2015, 06:59:11 am »
Your frustrations have been vented and heard... And I should say: I know these frustrations of fps games too.. I stopped playing because of abuse that to this day I still receive from alt PlayStation accounts of a team I beat on... The game that should not be named... Even though Sony customer services assured me they would resolve the issue of the harassment, death threats etc I am getting from this kid. Lol. Five accounts he's made just to let me know, a year after it happened, he is still going to "get" me.

First Person Shooter games house a genuinely toxic and horrid community, possibly more toxic than free to play casual games...

Offline David Dire

• Salutes: 62
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 03, 2015, 08:53:11 am »
"First Person Shooter games house a genuinely toxic and horrid community, possibly more toxic than free to play casual games..."

Truest words ever.
Then there's TF2, with the second worst community I know.

Offline Dutch Vanya

• Salutes: 107
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 03, 2015, 02:37:25 pm »
Recently I removed GOIO from my HDD - I felt it started to sprung toxic, melancholic, depressive thoughts, because fuck my brain - and purchased CS:GO.

...after tormenting myself for 11 hours - because I'm one persistant basterd - I wished I had never bought this game. Not because it sucked me in, quite the contrary.

You people think the GOIO players might seem toxic?
Oh hell no.

The level of stupidity and debiliating, overgrown egos is over 9-fucking-thousand.
Alko recommended me to play on community servers - wasn't much better.
Matchmaker of CS:GO - yeah, still broken, though faster.

The basis are easier to comprehend than those of GOIO, though CS require far more skill - I was aware of that, so I started from practicing with bots, to get to know maps and practice headshots.

The fucking thing is - even though CS bots are good, playing with other people is completely different; as I said, I have nothing against being defeated by more skilled players, but ffs. The time you sit down doing absolutely NOTHING is, like, 70% of a game. The only moment I had a pleasant experience with that sodding sack of shit was when I carried a team (after 8 hours of playing lol) with my M4A1 headshots... which are not very accurate and even worse by my bad reaction time...

Fuck this game.

And fuck Steam refunds - they won't give me my money back because I forced myself to find those mythical positive sides of CS for 11 hours, when refunding is possible only under sodding 2...

Sorry, had to vent my frustration...

yea, that had to have been one of the worst choices of game you could make if you were searching for a good community.

Offline DaOrks

• Salutes: 12
    • [◥ɸ◤]
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 03, 2015, 02:59:04 pm »
Recently I removed GOIO from my HDD - I felt it started to sprung toxic, melancholic, depressive thoughts, because fuck my brain - and purchased CS:GO.

...after tormenting myself for 11 hours - because I'm one persistant basterd - I wished I had never bought this game. Not because it sucked me in, quite the contrary.

Oh hell no.

The level of stupidity and debiliating, overgrown egos is over 9-fucking-thousand.

The basis are easier to comprehend than those of GOIO, though CS require far more skill - I was aware of that, so I started from practicing with bots, to get to know maps and practice headshots.

The fucking thing is - even though CS bots are good, playing with other people is completely different; as I said, I have nothing against being defeated by more skilled players, but ffs. The time you sit down doing absolutely NOTHING is, like, 70% of a game. The only moment I had a pleasant experience with that sodding sack of shit was when I carried a team (after 8 hours of playing lol) with my M4A1 headshots... which are not very accurate and even worse by my bad reaction time...

Fuck this game.

And fuck Steam refunds - they won't give me my money back because I forced myself to find those mythical positive sides of CS for 11 hours, when refunding is possible only under sodding 2...

I mean no offense but you're likely just really bad at CS-GO. In maybe 1/3 of my games I had toxic as fuck teammates, communicating helped lower that number quite a bit but honestly it was actually better than some games I've played (CoD/LoL). Not sure what you mean by 70% of the game is sitting down?

Note - I suck at CS-GO.

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #79 on: August 03, 2015, 03:45:07 pm »

Oh hell no.

Fuck this game.

I mean no offense but you're likely just really bad at CS-GO. In maybe 1/3 of my games I had toxic as fuck teammates, communicating helped lower that number quite a bit but honestly it was actually better than some games I've played (CoD/LoL). Not sure what you mean by 70% of the game is sitting down?

Note - I suck at CS-GO.

right since the first cs. crouching has always been the method for hold your position.

Because 1. you are a smaller target when most people aim for heads that are on standing position.
2. recoil is significantly lessened. Making far more accurate shots vs a guy moving around and trying to get same headshot, plus his shot have more recoil. Guess who's gonna die.

get good ork... but then again orks were never high on ballistic skill.

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 03, 2015, 05:42:54 pm »
Borderlands has an OK community, I've not noticed much toxicity.

Offline Carn

• Salutes: 63
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 03, 2015, 05:44:10 pm »
It is a co-op game though. Not a full online fps where you usually end up with randoms.

Offline ShadedExalt

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 03, 2015, 05:50:46 pm »
It is a co-op game though. Not a full online fps where you usually end up with randoms.

True enough.

Battlefield is bad
CoD is horribad
CS is just what the fuck Valve
TF2 community is basically nazis

Any mainstream FPS has a horrible community.

Dirty Bomb's is decent.

Offline DaOrks

• Salutes: 12
    • [◥ɸ◤]
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 03, 2015, 05:57:13 pm »

Oh hell no.

Fuck this game.

Note - I suck at CS-GO.

right since the first cs. crouching has always been the method for hold your position.

Because 1. you are a smaller target when most people aim for heads that are on standing position.
2. recoil is significantly lessened. Making far more accurate shots vs a guy moving around and trying to get same headshot, plus his shot have more recoil. Guess who's gonna die.

get good ork... but then again orks were never high on ballistic skill.

Ballistic skills doesn't matter with that Pro-90! Throw enough dakka they way 'n they die eventually.

Offline Schwalbe

• Salutes: 178
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 03, 2015, 06:33:00 pm »
...no, thanks, I'd stick with my M4A1s/AK...

...if I had not purged my HDD of it. :>

Offline macmacnick

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 121
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile: Macmacnick
« Reply #85 on: August 03, 2015, 11:50:41 pm »
SWTOR. Because of people reasons and the upcoming story stuffs.  (Episodic content, guys!) Also, because of Bioware's take on end-game "raids" and how the mechanics are used is challenging in some ways; Dealing with/overcoming group deficiencies is for some reason, therapeutic. I'll still occasionally hop into goio, however, but the CK/CP (which I love the most) is just... Ugh... Not enough fucking time to screw around with mines and such.

Offline ShadedExalt

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 04, 2015, 12:12:15 pm »
Tons and tons of FNV.

Also a cool little weird game called E.Y.E.: Divine Cybermancy.

CHeck it out.

Offline David Dire

• Salutes: 62
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 04, 2015, 05:48:03 pm »
Tons and tons of FNV Modding Simulator.

Also a cool little weird game called E.Y.E.: Divine Cybermancy.

CHeck it out.

Fixed

Offline ShadedExalt

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 04, 2015, 05:48:55 pm »
I only have 3 mods, Project Weaponry, Project NEVADA, and EVE

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #89 on: August 04, 2015, 06:28:07 pm »
well I nearly 100% smash bros.

But I will probably pick up and fiddle around with my mii characters.

can't wait to create an amiibo fighter of my kungfuhrer.