Author Topic: The game you mostly play  (Read 181496 times)

Offline Melon McCrabernathy

• Salutes: 19
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
Re: The game you mostly play
« Reply #45 on: March 17, 2015, 01:56:13 pm »
The reason I play so rarely recently is not that I'm fed up with game or something - it is the bloody KOTOR2: The Sith Lords. Goddammit.

Great game right there, I play mostly DoTA 2 ;)

Offline Schwalbe

• Salutes: 178
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 17, 2015, 02:51:49 pm »
The reason I play so rarely recently is not that I'm fed up with game or something - it is the bloody KOTOR2: The Sith Lords. Goddammit.

Well, maybe "great", but there are games greater: Planescape Torment and Arcanum.
But there are also much worse game, e.g.: Mass Effect.
Dear God, why.

Offline Melon McCrabernathy

• Salutes: 19
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 17, 2015, 03:03:09 pm »

Well, maybe "great", but there are games greater: Planescape Torment and Arcanum.
But there are also much worse game, e.g.: Mass Effect.
Dear God, why.

What's wrong with Mass Effect?  8)

Offline Schwalbe

• [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 17, 2015, 03:13:15 pm »

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 17, 2015, 03:26:00 pm »

Offline Schwalbe

• [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 17, 2015, 04:22:38 pm »
I might have severe lingual problems explaining. In Polish this would be easy.

Mass Effect is: boring, linear, bloated, poorly-written, psychologically shallow, without any reasonable, legitimate appearance of having real choice. The "Role-Playing" is reduced to either be a bloated saint, addressing an audience with reportedly pathetic speeches, or being... a bloated saint, addressing an audience with reportedly pathetic speeches, with a little flavor of being an asshole added. The way of leading the story (among many other elements) seem to be a total rip off from KOTOR2, I can even say that ME could be, in my opinion, called a retarded brother of KOTOR2. Getting back to role-playing and plot. Comparing ME to PS:T, for sake of far more brutal comparison: the Mass Effect can't stand a chance in such terms. Oh, you knocked down the oversensitive scientist. Woooooow. You are so damn evil. It's totally not like in PS:T, where being evil was genuinely heart-ripping experience, after which you felt like a bag of shit for weeks.
No matter what you do, you will end up in the same point in plot eventually, your choices rarely seem to feel like having any consequences. Goddammit - I remember choosing one from two dialogue options - and my character saying the other one! Of for fucks sake. And that bullshit wheel, stripping the dialogues of any nuances between options, like for example in Arcanum, where two similar looking options something completely different sometimes, and persuading at some moments required a genuine empathy and thought to be successful.
Oh, and I remember sidequests of Arcanum. Plenty of them. When I say plenty, I mean wicked fuckload. And I mean... etc.
The world of Mass Effect feels dead to me, dead and not entertaining.

Mass Effect's plot is centered around the glorious overlord Herr Shepherd, or whatever was his/hers name saving the whole fucking galaxy, by speaking bloated, pompous speeches, usually being more or less the same, or at least leading to the same point. It's fucking flat as the floor in my room. You may try to reach some cracks, but you'll discovered, disappointed, there are not really developped.

Planescape Torment is centered around the main hero's history, revealing it, with all the consequences, dealing with conscience. And I'll reveal no more. It's extremely personal, focused on several characters, the specific bounds with people following him. Goddammit, so many times I cowered on the floor and wept, due to the emotional overload.

Arcanum... is twisted, and a bit epic. But epic in a very good taste. Yeah, you may point out some points in the story to be visited, so the plot can develop, but... you don't really have to. As a person who had beaten this game eleven times, eleven different ways I CAN tell - the diversity of the approach is astounding. Contrary to Planescape Torment, it takes us all around the continent, forcing us to visit many places and follow the plot. The more we are in the game, the more we discover - the less we know. And as we approach the ending, filled with extremely well written, thought-provoking many times story, the puzzles gathered are slowly falling into places. And the ending... ending twists... No.

Quote from: Loghaire Thunderstone
I'll say no more.
Leave me.
I'll return to my exile.
I'm nothing...

Offline Dryykon

• Salutes: 10
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 17, 2015, 04:24:38 pm »
Mount & Blade: Warband (1056 hours). Almost only the multiplier. I play competitively... or at least, used to. My clan got some extremely skilled recruits, (the best inf and archer NA, along with 2 highly skilled EU cav) bumping me off the competitive team ;-; 

It's learning curve is way worse than GoIO's. At 200ish hours I was happy to get an even KD on the noob servers.

Offline Koali

• Salutes: 56
    • [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 17, 2015, 07:44:31 pm »
Robocraft, the land of flying shielded potatos.
That game is a money leech. AND I LOVE IT.

All insanity aside, Majora's Mask 3D and various other Nintendo games.

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #53 on: March 17, 2015, 08:30:56 pm »
Robocraft, the land of flying shielded potatos.
That game is a money leech. AND I LOVE IT.

All insanity aside, Majora's Mask 3D and various other Nintendo games.

I'm waiting for Robocraft to change before I play again but I wrote this pre-medigun update: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=312053407

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #54 on: June 06, 2015, 05:48:40 am »
Necro thread!!!

I recently was gifted ARK Survival by my dad via steam (gamer dads ftw) as an early birthday present from my mum and dad... So expect me to have a new mostly played while I tame Dinos to make an army of Dinos to hunt a dragon with...
Because it'd be a waste of human life to send humans after it..

Offline MagKel

• Salutes: 53
    • [TB]
    • View Profile
    • The Brotherhood of GOIO
« Reply #55 on: June 06, 2015, 07:13:01 am »
Necro thread!!!

I recently was gifted ARK Survival by my dad via steam (gamer dads ftw) as an early birthday present from my mum and dad... So expect me to have a new mostly played while I tame Dinos to make an army of Dinos to hunt a dragon with...
Because it'd be a waste of human life to send humans after it..

TB is setting up a village in ARK, I don't play it personally because I am too busy murdering tank crews in War Thunder, but seems very nice.

Also, with 404 I was introduced to Killing Floor, never found a game so repetitive and yet entertaining. Amiccciiii

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 06, 2015, 07:33:57 am »
I'm tempted to eventually get ARK just because I was a huge Dinoriders nut as a kid. Even though now I can barely remember the show. Don't even think I watched all of it, seem to remember it either got canceled or the network put on that moronic Denver Dinosaur show and moved the time slot and I was so ticked I changed channels. Seem to remember there was about 5+ Saturday morning cartoon channels back then, all with good stuff.

Offline The Mann

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 146
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 06, 2015, 08:41:24 am »
Apart from GoI, I also play Space Engineers.

This can sometimes be coorperative however, I mainly just join the building servers. make a massive mining vessel and them crash into the hard work of peoples bases and begin the mining process which will make a massive hole in the middle of bases. (Im a bad person when im am bored...)

Apart form that, I also play War Thunder. Despite this, I have not played in about 2 weeks as I gave up trying to save up for the Class 5 Venom when I need to still purchase the unlocked Mosquito and Beaufighter...

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 06, 2015, 10:20:33 am »
Recently I finished Hotline Miami and apart from that I'm playing Terraria, Europa Universalis IV and a bit of Tower of Guns

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #59 on: June 06, 2015, 09:24:42 pm »
i tried to play terraria... then i just went... i dont get it.

i got bought the nep nep series and im liking that.