Author Topic: The game you mostly play  (Read 181246 times)

Offline Skrimskraw

• Salutes: 160
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
Re: The game you mostly play
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2015, 04:56:33 pm »
Guys, keep those short. One-two favs and/or one-two recent. Don't post the list of all the game you've been playing for the last 12 years :P

My favorite game of all time must be neverwinter nights, I used to spend hours playing the game on persistent worlds in online multiplayer with hardcore roleplayer. I played the game for 7 years time, was fucking brilliant.

Besides that I spent a lot of time playing warcraft 3 tft custom maps with my friends, we had a blast and would bring this game up at lan parties and play different gamemodes.
I also played call of duty 2 and call of duty mw1 a lot back when, those games were brilliant.

Then I slowly took the transition into league of legends, which i played for roughly 2 years before getting tired of it, and eventually finding guns of icarus which i have been playing since release.
Currently I use most time playing smite with my friends, really like that game.

Offline Omniraptor

• Salutes: 51
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2015, 06:01:38 pm »
Tagpro and tf2. Both games with relatively simple but deep movement/positioning mechanics
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 06:10:54 pm by Omniraptor »

Offline shaelyn

• Salutes: 73
    • [◉‿◉]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2015, 08:13:04 pm »
Child of Light

but it's so overshadowed by how much time I spend in GoIO that it's barely worth mentioning XD I have a large stockpile of games collecting dust...

PS that's the game I've most recently played for any length of time, but is far from my favorite, though it is a beautiful and awesome game.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 08:18:09 pm by -Muse- shaelyn »

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2015, 09:12:45 pm »
too many to name.

So I'll go by genre.

2D "spectcle fighters" (rbo, phantom breaker) or beat'em ups (castle crashers).

Anything by behemoth.

Anything by rayark. and other rhythm games mainly my android.

Arena fighters (smash, lethal league, magical festa)

the full touhou library (even doujins). so schmups and the whole danmaku scene.

isometric turn based strats. like disgaea.

rts (all the dawns of the wars)

mother fucking chess.

Hardcore rsi platformers (strider, prinny).

stupid android games my friends make.

Whatever playtestrix pays me to play.

These are just my leanings, but I do play a huuuuge variety of games. Only thing I avoid are stupid sandbox games. If I wanna be creative I'll get a goddamn pen and paper.

Offline Lanliss

• Salutes: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2015, 09:17:58 pm »
Ooh, sandbox games. Forgot I played minecraft every now and then. 8)

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2015, 10:18:14 pm »
Child of Light

but it's so overshadowed by how much time I spend in GoIO that it's barely worth mentioning XD I have a large stockpile of games collecting dust...

PS that's the game I've most recently played for any length of time, but is far from my favorite, though it is a beautiful and awesome game.

the rhyming tho... its so bad... so forced...

Theres a rhythm and pattern to balladic writing. Simply rhyming is not creative.

That being said pretty game, but who cares because transistor scratches that itch.

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2015, 10:37:22 pm »
I have been playing a metric fuckton of Fallout: New Vegas lately.  I think I might need help.  Fav games... Anything from Bioshock, Borderlands, or (As of a few weeks ago) Fallout.  Please, for the love of god, someone smack sense into Ken Levine, yell at Gearbox to get moving, and plead to Bethesda with puppydog eyes so they make Underground Bioshock/Borderlands 3/Fallout 4!!

Also played a bit of Far Cry 3, Just 'Cause 2, Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel!, and I've been meaning to play Ring Runner: Flight of the Sages and Agarest: Generations of War lately... BUT I DON'T CARE MINOTAUR AND I'M FINALLY IN VEGAS, BABY.  TIME TO GO GET MAULED BY DEATHCLAWS/CAZADORES IN THE MIDDLE OF THE WASTELAND!

Actually when I last saved a pack of 5 Deathclaws mauled Veronica and knocked her out, came for me, and then I ran away.  ATM my character is locked in stasis behind a small hill while the Deathclaws lope away from me and poor V.

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2015, 11:02:45 pm »
I have been playing a metric fuckton of Fallout: New Vegas lately.  I think I might need help.  Fav games... Anything from Bioshock, Borderlands, or (As of a few weeks ago) Fallout.  Please, for the love of god, someone smack sense into Ken Levine, yell at Gearbox to get moving, and plead to Bethesda with puppydog eyes so they make Underground Bioshock/Borderlands 3/Fallout 4!!

Also played a bit of Far Cry 3, Just 'Cause 2, Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel!, and I've been meaning to play Ring Runner: Flight of the Sages and Agarest: Generations of War lately... BUT I DON'T CARE MINOTAUR AND I'M FINALLY IN VEGAS, BABY.  TIME TO GO GET MAULED BY DEATHCLAWS/CAZADORES IN THE MIDDLE OF THE WASTELAND!

Actually when I last saved a pack of 5 Deathclaws mauled Veronica and knocked her out, came for me, and then I ran away.  ATM my character is locked in stasis behind a small hill while the Deathclaws lope away from me and poor V.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uy74Fttan-o&list=PLNC_sRuPtMokF9P4DYSYuKY9GuVa6M0ev

I just watch this guy play fallout.

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2015, 11:35:33 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uy74Fttan-o&list=PLNC_sRuPtMokF9P4DYSYuKY9GuVa6M0ev

I just watch this guy play fallout.

The GOTY edition of NV isn't too expensive, and well worth the price.  I would recommend getting the Project NEVADA mod.  It's absolutely amazing.  Every single skill has a use, S.P.E.C.I.A.L. is a great system, and the loot ranges from BB guns to power armor to chainsaw knives.  Basically it's a total blast.

I'd say you might like Caesar's Legion over the NCR, though :3

Offline Bronzium

• Salutes: 11
    • [HMCS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2015, 11:54:15 pm »
I've been mostly playing loads of Need For Speed World (I grew up on Need For Speed Underground 2, so its only natural), alongside some TrackMania United.

I would be playing GoIO, but unfortunately my laptop has a weird sound issue with the game now whenever I want to play it (there is no sound once I open it up). Been meaning to seek help in that regard.

Offline BlackenedPies

• Salutes: 134
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2015, 12:10:24 am »
I would be playing GoIO, but unfortunately my laptop has a weird sound issue with the game now whenever I want to play it (there is no sound once I open it up). Been meaning to seek help in that regard.

Email feedback@musegames.com or add a post https://gunsoficarus.com/community/forum/index.php/board,21.0.html

The Muse engineers are quite helpful

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2015, 01:57:02 pm »
Who here is a fan of the Tribes series? Latest game in it is "Tribes Ascend" but my favorite is still the original "Starsiege Tribes" followed by" Tribes Vengeance."

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2015, 01:58:39 pm »
I was looking at Tribes Ascend but ended up not getting it, cant remember why not though  ???

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2015, 02:11:28 pm »
It is one of those Free to Play, Pay for in game items that effect game play. Some people find that business model offensive and call it "Pay to Win." I forked out $20 to buy an extra class and a new weapon for the scout class. I wasn't winning before I made that purchase and I wasn't winning after I made that purchase. The game's skill ceiling is extremely high and I just don't have the chops to be a top player.

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2015, 02:18:08 pm »
Ahaa that's why I didn't get it!
I remember now..
I read player reviews, I remember one positive review of a guy who admitted not being good at the game, shelling out cash and still being bad, and a bad review of a guy who claimed p2w, I think I may still.give it a go (if ever I fond time :) will poke my gaming partner too, see what she thinks :) )