Author Topic: Pyramidion and minotaur cannon - feedback.  (Read 24173 times)

Offline Dr Brobotnik

• Salutes: 9
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
Re: Pyramidion and minotaur cannon - feedback.
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2015, 06:41:29 pm »
Dr bobotnik, try. Just a simple touch of monshine is enough to render any turning movement. So when you get hit by a minotaur, simply hit moonshine for the small second youl get hit again and then you dont have to keep moonshine on for that long.

The time it takes to fire heavy clip Minotaur is quite long so youl have enough time to turn back and hit moonshine just before another shot. And its only 3 shots if he has heavy clip.
Like you cant just not be try something. And really it renders a person managing the gun and the gun slot on the enemy ship very obsolete if you can use moonshine versus minotaur well.

That is not the point. My problem is how much you MUST do to cope with one gun. You have to: damage your engines, reduce your abilities to target another ship due to the reduced turning rate, focus a very spcific ship, and bring moonshine - when many other items of the same loadout slot exists. It simply seems like too many musts for one weapon. Another ship on the enemy team may deck itself out specifically to deal with you, fully aware of that they won't be targetted by you in return. Basically, by forcing you into a specific setup with one weapon, other enemies can exploit you.

Offline DJ Logicalia

• Salutes: 191
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2015, 07:15:21 pm »
I get your point, but that's basically how every gun works

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2015, 08:44:48 pm »
Junker doesn't have an automatic trifecta. It takes some skill to position your ship correctly for that, and it works only with high-arc guns.
Mobula have it's gun slots spreaded widely so it also doesn't have trifecta on all guns (I learned it the hard way, trying to have tripple hades build).
Pyramidion has bifectas on everything except double merc.

I'm afraid that all we'll get from minotaur will be new meta with ships focusing on disabling power. Glorious artemis will be welcomed back to the strict meta.

I did say CAN, you know.  And it's far from hard to get trifecta on Mob.  Also, I'm pretty sure I heard somewhere (Crafeksterty, I think) that if they're far enough away and you position yourself right you can get Hades trifecta.

Offline DrTentacles

• Salutes: 30
    • [GSR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2015, 08:48:18 pm »
You can get a "fake trifecta", with a 0 degree overlap if you have Hades top, and on the two inner wing. However, if you put two Hades on one wing, the center Hades gives you a 25 degree trifecta.

Offline Crafeksterty

• Salutes: 73
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2015, 03:31:20 am »
What Logicalia said.

I mean Chemspray can have almost the same description versus flamers.
There is more components to take care of and more players (2 atleast) that take part in chemspraying just to make a LIGHT gun useless.

What we do against minotaur now, is the same as other weapons, just radically different.

Stay lower than the enemy ship if his guns are mercuries. Which can have tons of disadvantagous variables.
Take chemspray on 2 engineers, make them do chemspray cycles every 15 seconds or before firing, which has disadvantagous variables there too.
Stay higher versus Artemis
Dont hit mines, or go straight into a ship laying mines. (lol most basic one)
Dont get rammed (Impact bumpers)
Constant ground pound (Impact bumpers + Drogue chute)

I mean, people asked for a stabilizer pilot tool before, and if it existed it would make more sense to stabilise your ship versus minotaur. But for now we just have Moonshine.

Offline Caprontos

• Salutes: 17
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2015, 10:41:23 am »
I agree pyra nerf is to much.. They die so fast now it defeats the purpose of the ship..

But I do agree with Muse it should help lower pyra use count (which is what they really wanted to do with the nerf - they want to mix up the meta now), so I am for the nerf for awhile.. So we can maybe see some more other ships (more squid be nice).. I say that and yet I still ended up on a pyra most of the time.. :P

I also agree Minotaur seems to push a bit to much when on a junker.... when there's 2 on you you literally never have an ark and just slowly die .. - not really "fun" gameplay.. (1 Doesn't feel as bad).. Issue though depends how competent the other team is at focusing you.. When they are it feels really op when not it doesn't seem as bad..

Offline Mattilald Anguisad

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 12
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2015, 08:16:34 pm »
I agree pyra nerf is to much.. They die so fast now it defeats the purpose of the ship..
The moment I saw the patch notes, I was like: "Nope not rebuilding Pyra armour anymore"

But I do agree with Muse it should help lower pyra use count (which is what they really wanted to do with the nerf - they want to mix up the meta now), so I am for the nerf for awhile.. So we can maybe see some more other ships (more squid be nice).. I say that and yet I still ended up on a pyra most of the time.. :P
They don't seem as prevalent in competitive (If you want to ba an e sport you need to balance for competitive players like it's done in SC2). With possible excpetion of novice matches I've seen pretty good representation of all ships except squids (prior to this patch -I've been pretty sick, so I haven't played much yet)

I also agree Minotaur seems to push a bit to much when on a junker.... when there's 2 on you you literally never have an ark and just slowly die .. - not really "fun" gameplay.. (1 Doesn't feel as bad).. Issue though depends how competent the other team is at focusing you.. When they are it feels really op when not it doesn't seem as bad..
I've tried it in a 1v1 Practice match Goldfish vs Goldfish -I've had wrong tools (kero, hydro and the parachute): the the enemy goldfich could ifninitely juggle me and reverse my direction - to a point where my engines have had barely any effect.