Author Topic: 1.4.0 Pyra. Too much stick?  (Read 63286 times)

Offline MightyKeb

• Salutes: 78
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
Re: 1.4.0 Pyra. Too much stick?
« Reply #75 on: March 12, 2015, 09:17:24 am »
probably little bit more hp will fix the problem?

wow how did we not think of that +salute for being a genius

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 12, 2015, 09:24:56 am »

No need for personal jabs. Everyone has their own opinions.

Offline MightyKeb

• [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 12, 2015, 09:34:49 am »

It's just that more than a half of this thread has been about the effects of the health nerf and reverting it.

Besides, I gave her an actual salute.

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 12, 2015, 09:56:33 am »

It's just that more than a half of this thread has been about the effects of the health nerf and reverting it.

Besides, I gave her an actual salute.

Salutes or not are a moot point. Feel free to pm me if you wish to further discuss this.

Onward thread!

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #79 on: March 12, 2015, 10:03:52 am »
The more I play with pyramidion the more I feel the health should actually stay the same.

It is encouraging people to use builds other than meta, more often Gatling Artemis, carro Gatling and carro Artemis is being used and less is the meta, the meta when used is normally in use along side a disable ship, encouraging team play and not just double kill ships.

So I'm starting to like the change.

Offline geggis

• Salutes: 12
    • [VAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 12, 2015, 10:10:29 am »
That was exactly my point Kamoba :)

Offline MightyKeb

• [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 12, 2015, 11:13:50 am »
The more I play with pyramidion the more I feel the health should actually stay the same.

It is encouraging people to use builds other than meta, more often Gatling Artemis, carro Gatling and carro Artemis is being used and less is the meta, the meta when used is normally in use along side a disable ship, encouraging team play and not just double kill ships.

So I'm starting to like the change.

I understand that pyra is less of a lone wolf now , but one of it's main disadvantages is that you can have a shot at it's hull from literally any angle, unlike half the ships in the game. It's a flying hull wherever you look at it (pun intended) And it isnt very tanky in that matter already and is currently outclassed by junker on all aspects but top speed (Which can be partially countered by kerosene) and having to get in a broadside before firing the guns (The only relevant property)

But thinking back to Tanya's suggestion, we always used to claim Pyra had a "well rounded hull". Well, it has 500 now and that's 50 points lower than junker. So what if it was bumped up to 600, which also happens to be it's armor value? It'll be more well rounded than a .45 caliber round.

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #82 on: March 12, 2015, 11:21:34 am »
Nerf pyra armour, buff perma hull. Tank, but still slow easy target.

And yes pyra is all hull, making it effective carronade counter
 :)

Offline Crafeksterty

• Salutes: 73
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 12, 2015, 02:39:11 pm »
550 pyra, witch is 50 more than Junker...

Making it 600 anyway is not the armor. The armor is 600+buff+Mallet
You cant fix perma hull, only not let armor go too far down to it.

The pyra, can do dual carro front to hit and ram a junker without the baloon protecting the ram of it. Then change to side gun close range killers.
I mean why should the front be the only answer for a kill on a pyra? You need to actualy utilise all of it now.

Offline MightyKeb

• [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 12, 2015, 04:45:15 pm »
550 pyra, witch is 50 more than Junker...

Making it 600 anyway is not the armor. The armor is 600+buff+Mallet
You cant fix perma hull, only not let armor go too far down to it.

The pyra, can do dual carro front to hit and ram a junker without the baloon protecting the ram of it. Then change to side gun close range killers.
I mean why should the front be the only answer for a kill on a pyra? You need to actualy utilise all of it now.

You could do that before and after the nerf, it's just an alternative playstyle that noone uses and this nerf in no way encourages this.

The thing about exposing your side guns is, well. If you point your front at the enemy, you expose: Your two front guns and hull.

While if you turn the side, you expose: Main engine, left turning engine, both port side guns, a very large hull hitbox and most importantly, the balloon, the one thing pyra was supposed to counter actually has a chance against one as it carries this "sweet spot" at it's side. I mean sure, up close you may argue that it doesnt matter, but it does.If you make a surprise hydro to escape a gat mortar after your hull is down, they'll have a much harder time hitting you if you have your pointy front exposed, than a broadside bigger than a goldfish and less dangerous than a galleon. In nowadays meta play side guns only come into play when you're forced to your broadside or just wanna get a small trifecta in with the gat mortar, 4th slot isnt even worth gunning on because the ship already performs well without it, which is why the current meta has a flare on that slot.

Offline -Mad Maverick-

• Salutes: 30
    • [WOLF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 12, 2015, 04:52:35 pm »
this patch was actually a triple nerf to the pyra;  the mino is such an onvious hard counter to a charging pyra.  adding the mino alone made a gat mort pyra practically useless already.  this reminds me of when everyone said flame throwers were "OP" ages ago only because no one used heat sink.  nothing can be "OP" when a direct counter exists. 

perfect pyra nerd would have been nerf the turning speed slightly introduce Minotaur,  problem solved.

Offline Crafeksterty

• Salutes: 73
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 13, 2015, 02:38:43 am »

You could do that before and after the nerf, it's just an alternative playstyle that noone uses and this nerf in no way encourages this.

The thing about exposing your side guns is, well. If you point your front at the enemy, you expose: Your two front guns and hull.

While if you turn the side...

I know about the pyra. But taking and mustering up the damage may no longer be the ideal situation which people are bitching about.
So here is the alternative, disable the enemy when you go in. Use side guns for the kill.
Not. Use side guns. But, Use all guns. Heck maybe even flamer artemis combo side after dual carro front.

Dual merc front to make the enemy ship feel like hell even by far away, then gat mort for the kill after their armor got softened and you getting close enough.

Im giving this as an alternative because if the health nerf is such a big nerf, then perhaps think about what the enemy can do, instead of just jousting in.
If the pyra can still run in and kill with simply using the frontal guns just as effeciently, then i dont know why people are complaining.

Pyras could use all 4 in the way im suggesting before, but it was not as effecient because you just needed to get the front guns in.
Today, a spire will kill you in 1 hwacha barrage. He wont think about "Ruupairing" his hull when your charging him. He will take pyras armor down, at the time pyra takes spires armor, and one hwacha will kill the pyra, and only 2 mortars would come out of the pyra. If it is a worry that pyra now with this health, then disable front, side guns kill.

Offline DJ Logicalia

• Salutes: 191
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 13, 2015, 03:04:42 am »
I haven't flown a pyra in literally months, but I'm tempted to pick it up again and try that side gun idea Crafek keeps throwing out. Will report after testing with a good crew

Offline MightyKeb

• [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 13, 2015, 03:26:15 am »
I haven't flown a pyra in literally months, but I'm tempted to pick it up again and try that side gun idea Crafek keeps throwing out. Will report after testing with a good crew

Might wanna try pub crews too, if it doesnt work with them then the pyra is officially a 2-star ship

Offline Dutch Vanya

• Salutes: 107
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 13, 2015, 03:38:53 am »
There are 7 ships in this game. At least people are using all of them now.