Author Topic: About the Minotaur  (Read 44610 times)

Offline BlackenedPies

• Salutes: 134
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Re: About the Minotaur
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2015, 05:50:06 pm »
The gun doesn't need a nerf, ships need to be able to move faster and pilots need to not be stupid. If you approach the broadside of a Minolleon, what do you think is going to happen? Sheesh, I swear since the game has gotten slower and slower in gameplay, pilots have gotten stupider and stupider. You get used to charging broadsides because HF and LJ can't do squat. Only real worry is Hwacha and carro but usually you shoot out the gun mounts before they can do harm. Now you've got this gun and are all of a sudden crying OP...HA!

The Minotaur has a range of 1800m and 45 degree arcs all around. It has a high projectile speed, and as far as I can tell no drop.

I've been using spanner mallet buff heavy on a spire and it's been a very effective sniper weapon. One shot buffed heavy breaks any component. It prevents ships from getting shots on you.

I like the Minotaur, but the arcs are a bit much.

Offline ZnC

• Salutes: 40
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2015, 06:18:27 pm »
The Minotaur has a range of 1800m and 45 degree arcs all around. It has a high projectile speed, and as far as I can tell no drop.

The arcs are really the only complaint I have about this weapon so far. All the previous heavy weapons are characteristic in being very limited in arcs, however the Minotaur seems to have one of the best, if not the very best arcs of all weapons.

Offline MightyKeb

• Salutes: 78
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2015, 06:43:41 pm »

The arcs are really the only complaint I have about this weapon so far. All the previous heavy weapons are characteristic in being very limited in arcs, however the Minotaur seems to have one of the best, if not the very best arcs of all weapons.

It DOES have the widest heavy gun arcs in the game, even bigger than the flak, which has 30 degrees all around but not only does it need it for leading projectiles at ranges but its also balanced by the fact that it cant do much to you until your hull armor is down

Meanwhile, minatour effectively counters blenderfishes. A galleon could get the smallest gap of opportunity to get it's guns in arc, and you'd just be spinning around crazy while it recovered from the pop and rose back up to blast you into the next tuesday.

Offline DrTentacles

• Salutes: 30
    • [GSR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2015, 06:46:01 pm »
I admit, when I used it in dev app, I did not expect it to be this power. It seem to single-handedly counter a number of builds. I'd like to suggest longer reload time, still less than a hwatcha, but enough to give a chance to get guns in arc. It should serve to set up a possible kill, not loch a ship from mid to close-range on it's own.

Offline Dutch Vanya

• Salutes: 107
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2015, 07:54:45 pm »
it's very very good. But as others have said, lets give it more than 24 hours before crying OP so we can see how it ends up being used. It wouldn't be in true Muse fashion if they didn't make it OP first and then nerf it into the ground. Hopefully this time will be more reasonable.

Offline Lanliss

• Salutes: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2015, 08:43:13 pm »
I just imagine it being a race, to be first to get mino in arc, thus stopping anyone else from using the mino. I also imagine a galleon floating through a 4v4 battlefield, smacking everyone around with quad mino, probably while the whole crew is listening to something ridiculously peaceful. Like the rites of spring(might have that name wrong) or in the other direction, Yakety Sax

Offline Indreams

• Salutes: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2015, 08:56:50 pm »
I just imagine it being a race, to be first to get mino in arc, thus stopping anyone else from using the mino. I also imagine a galleon floating through a 4v4 battlefield, smacking everyone around with quad mino, probably while the whole crew is listening to something ridiculously peaceful. Like the rites of spring(might have that name wrong) or in the other direction, Yakety Sax

From my limited experience so far, it is hard to knock enemy mino out of arc. Mino has some ridiculous arcs.

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2015, 10:25:10 pm »
I think damage needs to be changed to a reasonable amount of primary Impact and secondary Piercing. If you are going to introduce a new gun with new mechanics, then use new damage types. Especially ones that make more sense. As it is, it performs pretty poorly on a Goldfish.

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2015, 10:36:41 pm »

I am doing this.

I am a Bard, and therefore it would be utter blasphemy not to.

You should be a Bard.

Offline DJ Logicalia

• Salutes: 191
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2015, 10:47:11 pm »
I'm totally putting this on repeat whilst flying my Spirotaur

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnHmskwqCCQ

Offline Indreams

• Salutes: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2015, 12:04:59 am »

I'll personally play that on my Euphonium while we fly.  :P

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2015, 12:13:24 am »

I'll personally play that on my Euphonium while we fly.  :P

Can I join?  I can crew or bring a Bulleon...

Offline Crafeksterty

• Salutes: 73
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2015, 12:24:38 am »
In the spires case, the weapon makes the spire able to fight long range or medium range weapons like the hades which was difficult before.

Whenever i play now and someone tries to counter the spire, you cant. Muse just made me feel unstoppable XD

Offline Byron Cavendish

• Salutes: 89
    • [TB]
    • View Profile
    • The Brotherhood
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2015, 12:32:44 am »
I actually watched my clanmate 2v1 an adequate squid and pyra today, my mind is reversed with the spire. Still shit with the goldie though.

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 42
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2015, 01:17:00 am »
Zill and I ran a few matches with the gun on his galleon. Had the gun on the 1 slot in the ship loadout.

I had a blast with the gun. The damage might seem low, but upping the damage would defeat the point of bringing it which is of course to throw off an enemy charge or barrage. While I did find the reload and fire rate slow and long, making it any bit faster would make this gun too good for it's main purpose.

However, I do see some concerns, the range can probably be nerfed a bit because it's insane to think it can hit at 1800m reliably with heavy clip. Note the range is a little over a 100m more than either lumberjack or heavy flak. Those guns have decent shell travel times and shell arcs. The minotaur is raycast and all you have to do are load heavy and figure out proper leads. I'd say give the gun range something short of hwachas.

Another concern is the potency of the gun's effect. My last match of the evening, I was able to save us from a charging gat/flak pyra by turning it 180 degrees allowing the engi to keep a fragment of hull armor and a strand of our remaining health. It took two shots to accomplish. Even one shot during my other matches could cause enough trouble.

My final concern is the gun's arc. I believe the arc needs to be nerfed too. They're 45 degrees in all directions. While I can assume those arcs were given because it gives the gunner greater freedom to aim the shots more precise to allow for maximum effect, I found it far too easy to throw off ships.

TL;DR = Love gun, but needs some nerfs.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 01:24:41 am by Yiski »