Author Topic: Proposed control Changes  (Read 7591 times)

Offline DeLaguna

• Salutes: 1
    • [TPM]
    • View Profile
Proposed control Changes
« on: February 23, 2015, 12:12:37 am »
Good day, I created a quick mock up of what I wish the controls were like.

Of course the dev team would Steampunkify it however the center info cluster would a instrument panel floating in a glass ball, like a compass or horizon indicator, but with the information presented, ribbon numbers that change, and the left controls work just like the right controls except they control the amount of buoyancy set for the balloon.

if my instrument panel is rejected I would at least like to see forward/backward velocity on the engine control, and upward/downward velocity on the buoyancy balloon control.

Here is a rough picture, but I know the dev team will make it look Gazillion times more awesome. Do you like it?

Offline Lanliss

• Salutes: 24
    • View Profile
Re: Proposed control Changes
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2015, 05:08:20 am »
This seems like it would turn raising and lowering into another mash quest. I am fine with how it is now, though maybe a more visual indication of hight would be nice. Not sure what they could do about that, other than have the numbers directly onscreen.

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2015, 05:22:12 am »
This seems like it would turn raising and lowering into another mash quest. I am fine with how it is now, though maybe a more visual indication of hight would be nice. Not sure what they could do about that, other than have the numbers directly onscreen.
The blue spirit level shows height, but its far from a clear indicator :)

Offline GeoRmr

• Salutes: 178
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
    • Storm Ryders
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2015, 09:32:38 am »
I would like to see another chadburn that correlates to pilot tools, and some sort of animated mechanism for altitude adjustment, maybe foot pedals?

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2015, 10:53:27 am »
Keep W and S as up and down, with the current hold down method, but have some kind of buoyancy indicator, yes.  I'm thinking a lever for the visual bit Geo mentioned.  The instrument panel... I dunno, maybe.  Some kind of pilot tool vosual indication would be nice as well.

Offline David Dire

• Salutes: 62
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2015, 11:00:28 am »
The blue spirit level shows height, but its far from a clear indicator :)

It takes quite awhile for it to adjust to it's proper level too, making it basically useless. Also, the fact that you can't see the height of other ships/points on the map makes the Current Altitude projector literally useless in all forms.

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2015, 12:08:55 pm »
Honestly i'd never want any of that. Maybe a better way to tell my altitude, but looking out from your ship is easy enough. If nothing else, the blue indicator is good for telling me how close I am to the height ceiling for movement purposes.

The extra balloon toggle would, in my mind, just over complicate the process of altitude change.

All the other data put there would just clutter my screen, and personally spoil a level of immersion. Piloting by "feel" has been one of the biggest boons of Goio for me.

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2015, 08:09:15 am »
Honestly i'd never want any of that. Maybe a better way to tell my altitude, but looking out from your ship is easy enough. If nothing else, the blue indicator is good for telling me how close I am to the height ceiling for movement purposes.

The extra balloon toggle would, in my mind, just over complicate the process of altitude change.

All the other data put there would just clutter my screen, and personally spoil a level of immersion. Piloting by "feel" has been one of the biggest boons of Goio for me.

What he said. :)

Offline GeoRmr

• Salutes: 178
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
    • Storm Ryders
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2015, 08:58:41 pm »

I'm just upset that you can see the pilot moving the chadburn and helm, but all altitude adjustment is done via mind control. MUH IMMERSION

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2015, 10:21:24 am »
Given the way the balloon is placed and there being no control on the helm, I just figure the crew is responsible for making it happen. We're all just real good mind readers eh?