Author Topic: GOIA memes  (Read 557127 times)

Offline Imagine

• Salutes: 59
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch Stream
Re: GOIO memes
« Reply #105 on: March 25, 2015, 06:02:28 pm »
And the opinions of people who currently play this game are a bit more relevant than yours.
How so?
Because they are referring to the matchmaker's terrible performance in the current state of the game, which you seem to be unaware of.
Sooooo... because a bunchof circlejerkers are circlejerking they are somehow more relevant? Eh?

Matchmaking certainly isn't perfect, however it's set out to do what it was supposed to accomplish, which was to shorten the time between matches. I've never seen anyone hating on matchmaking not going into incredible hyperbole in an attempt to prove how bad it is.

Not that that's anything new for this community.

Offline Dutch Vanya

• Salutes: 107
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 25, 2015, 06:08:14 pm »
And the opinions of people who currently play this game are a bit more relevant than yours.
How so?
Because they are referring to the matchmaker's terrible performance in the current state of the game, which you seem to be unaware of.
Sooooo... because a bunchof circlejerkers are circlejerking they are somehow more relevant? Eh?

Matchmaking certainly isn't perfect, however it's set out to do what it was supposed to accomplish, which was to shorten the time between matches. I've never seen anyone hating on matchmaking not going into incredible hyperbole in an attempt to prove how bad it is.

1. They are relevant because they are playing the game actively at this point.
2. How does it shorten wait time? The exact same 'lobbies of icarus' time happens AFTER the time spent in crewform.
3. I really hope you see the irony in your comment about hyperbole.

Offline Imagine

• Salutes: 59
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch Stream
« Reply #107 on: March 25, 2015, 06:11:26 pm »
How so?

1. They are relevant because they are playing the game actively at this point.
2. How does it shorten wait time? The exact same 'lobbies of icarus' time happens AFTER the time spent in crewform.
3. I really hope you see the irony in your comment about hyperbole.
1. And I'm not?
2. Feel free to ask Muse during a fireside chat. The average wait time between games has been reduced, pretty drastically so iirc.
3. I don't, not sure how you're claiming hyperbole on my part.

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #108 on: March 25, 2015, 06:16:56 pm »

I want to see more pictures with stupid captions about Guns of Icarus. There are plenty of other threads to discuss the pros and cons of match making.

Offline Schwalbe

• Salutes: 178
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 25, 2015, 06:19:39 pm »

I want to see more pictures with stupid captions about Guns of Icarus. There are plenty of other threads to discuss the pros and cons of match making.

Hard to disagree. To cut things short.

Come back to something funny, like, posting some GOIO inspired meme, or GTFO.

Offline Replaceable

• Salutes: 84
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 25, 2015, 06:33:09 pm »
ITT: Replaceable learns that memes are the downfall of man.

Offline Dutch Vanya

• [Clan]
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 25, 2015, 06:33:41 pm »
Sorry for sullying the meme thrad with discussion.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 06:46:46 pm by SteamyNoodle »

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 25, 2015, 07:05:44 pm »
Well what is more irritating about MM is that all the tweaks and fixes were brought up long before it launched. So honestly, all those who bitch about MM have every right in the world to do so. MM was necessary for PS4...but no one wanted it in the state Muse released it in. That was pretty blatantly clear.

You didn't sully anything Steamy...I'd just ignore him like I do.

« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 07:15:31 pm by Gilder Unfettered »

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 25, 2015, 07:17:57 pm »
Well, this thread was going to go to pit anyways...

Firstly:
>Use slang including sexual innuendos in international company
>Tell people they are being "intentionally dumb" when they don't understand it
(inb4 "check it in the dictionary" - as it includes innuendo I assumed I'm better without knowing because I geniually thought that it may be some weird sexual term)

Secondly:
>Everyone who agrees with Imagine are right/reasonable
>Everyone who agrees with Disaster are "circlejerks"

+

>Fill most of the post with insults to your opponents
>Expect to be treated seriously

Thirdly:
I've never seen anyone hating on matchmaking not going into incredible hyperbole in an attempt to prove how bad it is.

You are a liar and/or you don't seem to understand (willingly? should I also say that you are being intentionally stupid?) what is happening around you. Sure, in many threads there were hyperboles but also reasonable arguments, even by the same people. I understand that you may have a different opinion on the subject but there is no point in arguing someone that is lying or not willing to even aknowledge existence of contrarguments to your thesis.
I also think it's worth noticing that experiences with the matchmaker may differ depending on how you use it - whether you matchmake alone or in whole ship or even 2-3 ships. I think that part of an argument may be caused by this, some people try to matchmake alone (and they have a bad experience) and some matchmake with whole ship or two, usually with high-lvl friends (and they may have good experience).
Also, given that some other changes that matchmaker were implemented in the same time - should they be considered in this argument? For instance timer? That's debatable, I think.

If we're talking about arguments for server browser:
It gave player freedom of choice. We used to choose lobby (on various basis) and after quick glance on situation decide whether we want to stay or try in other one. That action of choosing, checking and deciding would take around 30-40 seconds (all levels have been visible). Time of game start would differ depending on lobby and player slots left - but if you were just hurry to play with anyone you could hop into the lobby with 1-2 free slots and start within minute or two. Also it was easier to manage and balance a lobby back then and after few matches usually more-or-less balanced lobby would emerge and people could stay in it (no 3 rematch limit). Players have been using this system succesfully for a long time (in my opinion there was very little wrong with lobbies and server list, only small amount of players) and it was taken away from them, replaced not offering much in exchange. Since there is very few people in the queue matchmaker isn't able to create good lobbies, especially when you consider that veterans do everything to fly together (because having a noob on your ship is a pain in the ass). So for many players matchmaker neither gets them faster in a lobby nor makes lobbies better. Also when you wait in a lobby you can socialize with other people, but when you wait in a crew form it's just boring, so for many people the same amount of waiting became more bothersome. Before matchmaker you could also just go into the already started game and if it has free slots - join and if not just wait until match ends (because often after match ends few people leave the lobby, so there will be a spot for you). Now it's mostly impossible. And no, the "but you can still do that, just add everyone to your friend list" is not a contrargument. So this is as reasonable as I can get, I hope you'll be satisfied.

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 25, 2015, 07:20:22 pm »
Conversely and to offer a scathing counterpoint.

Offline MagKel

• Salutes: 53
    • [TB]
    • View Profile
    • The Brotherhood of GOIO
« Reply #115 on: March 25, 2015, 07:21:02 pm »

Offline Replaceable

• Salutes: 84
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 25, 2015, 07:23:28 pm »
Conversely and to offer a scathing counterpoint.

Offline Dutch Vanya

• [Clan]
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 25, 2015, 07:29:22 pm »
My main point is that matchmaker DOES NOT create matches that are ready to play. You still have to wait for the lobby to fill and prepare for the match, AFTER the excessively long waiting time in crewform.

Offline Schwalbe

• Salutes: 178
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 25, 2015, 07:33:32 pm »
via Imgflip Meme Maker

Weeeeell, guess this is how people feel when joining a free slot on ship with me and my friends (we use Party Chat to speak Polish during matches).

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #119 on: March 25, 2015, 07:43:54 pm »
the main problem with speedie match making is the player quality disparity.

Stacked matches happen. People bitch.
MM tries to balance. People bitch. Use work arounds to stack anyway.

Lets just admit it already... this game ain't made for the matchmaking system. As match making only works when you play with randoms and that being ok.

If match making's MMR system wasnt trying to pair noobs and vets together so vet can teach... the mess of MM wouldnt be such a bad issue. Instead it should do what people thought MMR was meant to do and partition them into similar MMR. Don't kid yourself if you think it does this right now. It totally isnt.

It tries to "balance" by mixing different tiers of MMR into each team. But then people try to switch teams and that screws up what MM is trying to do.

But if you just put people of similar MMR in the same lobby. Team switching would happen less.

This is a heavily team based game with a pronounced community. People will play with who they know and who they can trust to play their part.

With that in mind. the same issue is observed once more. How do you balance a game that is pure skill and experience when the people that have been playing it forever hold an obvious greater edge? Give novices stamina (iunno).

Tho frankly I say just force novices on novice matches (once the ps4 players come on AND during sales-since it won't work unless there are high numbers).

But yeah... MM just doesnt work for this. But then again server browse does have an issue of limiting the game on a technical stand point.

As for meme?

make it so muse.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 07:55:12 pm by Maximillian Jazzhand »