Author Topic: Level inflation and "noob problem"  (Read 81548 times)

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
Re: Level inflation and "noob problem"
« Reply #90 on: April 06, 2015, 06:00:38 pm »
But what if he does not want to spoil any surprises? Also, they are bound to get a ton of feedback emails everyday, so he may not have had time for too long of a reply.

the wording though...

its not even considering the viability of the idea.

Offline Schwalbe

• Salutes: 178
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 06, 2015, 06:25:01 pm »
But what if he does not want to spoil any surprises? Also, they are bound to get a ton of feedback emails everyday, so he may not have had time for too long of a reply.

This rather means he don't want to trigger another unrest among the community too soon, revealing another hellspawned idea of Satan himself helping out Muse...

Offline Xylo Wenchbane

• Salutes: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 23, 2015, 08:38:44 am »
I'm pretty much with this thread although the only downside I can see is the massive hit to fun newbies like me will get. I enjoy hoping into advanced games (for me it's just another match =D)
But some of the opinions in this thread are a bit concerning. Matches played does show dedication but if you're a dedicated troll or hell bent on playing your way you could easily play 1000+ games blissfully ignorant of the meta or learn any nice hints and tips. Also look at it later, all the vets now who have say 2000+ or so would be an even higher number while the novices would finally get to 1000 games so we would essentially be in the same spot since they would lack the experience. That bar would just keep rising? No?
Wins are pretty much irrelevant as long as you're having fun and if that means playing matches regardless of opponents K/D ratios and what not then that's got to be a good thing, means more play time which is what you guys want right?

I do have a suggestion that could apply to the novice bracket in particular,

I was thinking something with the commendation system because right now it's just a virtual stroke, it literally means nothing. It could be reworked with three different options to choose from which represent a different opinion on the player being commended. Obviously these would be from higher level players playing with novices who've decided to join advanced games. Let the players weed out the weak so to speak, if you're tired of Muse's methods.
Have the current thumbs up commendation which basically tells the player they've done a good job. Doesn't provide any positives apart from being a nice pat on the back and letting the novice player know they did good in the advanced match and maybe they could play another one.

The second commendation is the thumbs down commendation and that would basically ensure the player is stuck in novice matches for some time (1hr or so)

Players that ignore commending a novice would have no say but they would narrow the votes cast down. I guess that is the third option

The commendation result could be the majority commendations voted.

On the levels issue I'd say an overall reduction to exp rewarded for wins and matches played for everyone. Definitely tone down the achievement exp.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 08:40:52 am by Xylo Wenchbane »

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #93 on: April 23, 2015, 09:36:56 am »
I'm pretty much with this thread although the only downside I can see is the massive hit to fun newbies like me will get. I enjoy hoping into advanced games (for me it's just another match =D)
But some of the opinions in this thread are a bit concerning. Matches played does show dedication but if you're a dedicated troll or hell bent on playing your way you could easily play 1000+ games blissfully ignorant of the meta or learn any nice hints and tips. Also look at it later, all the vets now who have say 2000+ or so would be an even higher number while the novices would finally get to 1000 games so we would essentially be in the same spot since they would lack the experience. That bar would just keep rising? No?
Wins are pretty much irrelevant as long as you're having fun and if that means playing matches regardless of opponents K/D ratios and what not then that's got to be a good thing, means more play time which is what you guys want right?

I do have a suggestion that could apply to the novice bracket in particular,

I was thinking something with the commendation system because right now it's just a virtual stroke, it literally means nothing. It could be reworked with three different options to choose from which represent a different opinion on the player being commended. Obviously these would be from higher level players playing with novices who've decided to join advanced games. Let the players weed out the weak so to speak, if you're tired of Muse's methods.
Have the current thumbs up commendation which basically tells the player they've done a good job. Doesn't provide any positives apart from being a nice pat on the back and letting the novice player know they did good in the advanced match and maybe they could play another one.

The second commendation is the thumbs down commendation and that would basically ensure the player is stuck in novice matches for some time (1hr or so)

Players that ignore commending a novice would have no say but they would narrow the votes cast down. I guess that is the third option

The commendation result could be the majority commendations voted.

On the levels issue I'd say an overall reduction to exp rewarded for wins and matches played for everyone. Definitely tone down the achievement exp.

trolls don't last long in the community.

by the 100th match every regular knows them and by then they'd be reported and likely banned or leave at their own accord as they continually get blocked by players.

Blocked players cannot join the crew of the person that blocked them (well theres a work around but you know..)

Offline Schwalbe

• [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 23, 2015, 06:20:13 pm »
Blocked players cannot join the crew of the person that blocked them (well theres a work around but you know..)

Really? Hmmm. I did not now about that.

Offline MagKel

• Salutes: 53
    • [TB]
    • View Profile
    • The Brotherhood of GOIO
« Reply #95 on: April 23, 2015, 07:27:45 pm »

I think that you are told in the chat box that the player blocked you

Offline Schwalbe

• [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 24, 2015, 03:43:43 am »

Now this I will not believe, for there's no way nobody to have never blocked me.

Excluding that one bastard who came to my crew and for the one and only time made me stop an entire fucking ship, because he ruined my time entirely. Thank God the bastard left.

Offline DJ Logicalia

• Salutes: 191
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 24, 2015, 04:13:59 am »

Now this I will not believe, for there's no way nobody to have never blocked me.

Excluding that one bastard who came to my crew and for the one and only time made me stop an entire fucking ship, because he ruined my time entirely. Thank God the bastard left.
You can't join off of someone who has you blocked (and vice versa), but you can crew for/with them if you find your way into their lobby

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #98 on: April 24, 2015, 05:47:06 am »
like I said.

work around.

but thats besides the point. Most of these problems would be solved if they simply strengthened the segregation (not an absolute one just a much stronger one) between novices and vets.

I've seen enough of their forcefully palming off to us this teacher/student hand holding. It just doesn't work. Those who want to learn from vets graduate from novice.

And then you consistently get legit, passionate players. As opposed to generic jobbers that just serve to derp around your ship with the whole ship picking up their slack. I'm really getting sick of it.

Its why I only pilot with AI crew these days.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 05:52:09 am by Maximillian Jazzhand »

Offline Koali

• Salutes: 56
    • [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 24, 2015, 09:26:36 am »
You mean, crew of your clan or actual AI?

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 24, 2015, 05:08:36 pm »

Both.

Offline Lanliss

• Salutes: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 24, 2015, 05:32:01 pm »

His use of AI has confused me my entire time on the forums. Never sure which he means.

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #102 on: April 24, 2015, 05:54:26 pm »

Both.

Best to assume this in every case.

Unless I specify baby AIs

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 24, 2015, 06:07:17 pm »

Both.

Such as Wizard.

Offline MagKel

• Salutes: 53
    • [TB]
    • View Profile
    • The Brotherhood of GOIO
« Reply #104 on: April 24, 2015, 07:22:26 pm »
Such as Wizard.

I like flying with [AI]s, they are like pre-teen Olympic Chinese gymnasts.