Author Topic: Brawler Galleon discussion  (Read 30284 times)

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
Re: Brawler Galleon discussion
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2015, 03:22:06 pm »
I have a new brawler build.  8)

Left side double minotaur with Hades/Banshee/Artemis/Mine.
Right side double H-Carro.

8)

I'm pretty sure they all have arming time. Maybe not the best "brawler" build.

Only the Hades has arming time, and with greased the arming time is relatively short, and given the height of the Hades placement, it keeps in good arming time, also with the Minotaurs pushing the enemy away, more arming time..
Mines have arming time, but given Loch, its a very short arming time.

And contrary to popular belief, Artemis and banshee do not suffer from arming times, they are very effective weapons are long-mid-short range.

Also Minotaur shoots like a carronade, so no issues there...

Right hand heavy carros... I see no problems there...

So it works as brawler.

That is not a brawler build Kamoba, that is a borderline annoying build made specifically to counter blenderfishes you evil helm-steerer  :'(

Although I've just discovered I was wrong about the arming times on the minotaur's!
150 meters (Thanks Zan for the numbers)
Apologies to indreams.

Offline Indreams

• Salutes: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2015, 06:19:17 pm »
Apology is unnecessary.

Arming range of 150m is pretty much nothing. Brawler Galleon usually fights at a range greater than 150m because a galleon engages sideways.

So minotaur qualifies as a brawler gun, but I think it's really meant to be a long-range gun.

Offline Kamoba

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2015, 08:14:27 pm »
Without the visible projectile it'll be hard for players to judge the shots to be truly long range and will find its home brawling, though it does work at range! (Just not easy to see where to aim if you miss.)

Offline BlackenedPies

• Salutes: 134
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2015, 10:46:36 pm »
Without the visible projectile it'll be hard for players to judge the shots to be truly long range and will find its home brawling, though it does work at range! (Just not easy to see where to aim if you miss.)

From playing and watching today I find it truly shines at long range control. With some more practice you'll find it's a very easy gun to use. Buff heavy is meta.

I love using it and I even find it entertaining to be shot by, but it needs some balance in its current state. It's a powerful counter to established hardcounters. Spires and galleons now counter mobulas. This is fine but it seems a bit too powerful.

I've been liking hades flak mino. Lumber mino flak/art is fun. But double mino flak/art is great against other long range galleons. One shot of buff heavy breaks any component and it prevents you from ever being shot for more than a few seconds. Because there are no tracers you can be a stealth galleon. It's a slow kill but very effective. The arcs and shot speed let you move while shooting.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 10:49:34 pm by BlackenedPies »

Offline Indreams

• Salutes: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2015, 10:51:34 pm »
You can run a really good support ship with mino mino galleon. I imagine it will shine as the defense ship when the oil-rig mode is implemented.

Offline Spud Nick

• Salutes: 130
    • [✦✦45]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2015, 04:46:27 am »
If you fit a heavy carronade and a heavy flak on the same side of your Galleon you can kill most ships in 3 shots. Buff the carroande and use charged ammo to brake the hull and than use a buffed loch shot form the flak to kill it.

Offline MightyKeb

• Salutes: 78
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2015, 06:14:51 am »
If you fit a heavy carronade and a heavy flak on the same side of your Galleon you can kill most ships in 3 shots. Buff the carroande and use charged ammo to brake the hull and than use a buffed loch shot form the flak to kill it.

Imho a good nerf to h carro would be a mild damage reductipn below 30%,which would change the blenderfish meta for good. You either load heavy and snipe out components or you switch to charged and actually 2shot balloons from a more reasonable range than heavy. Carro was never intended to strip armor from what I can see.

Offline Kamoba

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2015, 06:33:06 am »
Don't speak of nerfing H-carro!
We've been hurt enough by nerfs recently.
(Though it is awesome to see how few pyramidions fill the skies now, its a big shame to see the ship now redundant..

Blackened Pies: Yes I had Daniel on minotaur galleon yesterday, the evil cackles over the mic spoke for themselves.. :)

Though admittedly I was piloting terribly last night..
I miss Sky Slicer already... *cries*

Offline Dementio

• Salutes: 135
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2015, 08:43:49 am »
A "nerf" to carronades against armor would have been changing the shatter modifier on the armor, for it is because of the carronade's shatter damage it is able to damage armor and hull as well as it does.

Offline Crafeksterty

• Salutes: 73
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2015, 09:37:21 am »
and that would nerf the gattling and artemis and etc :P

I think Minotaur long range is NOT good. Once pilots get the idea that Moonshine renders a minotaurs push effect useless, youl want to be more unpredictable with the shots.
The easiest way and most effecient way of being unpredictable is up close where all the shots come in one and use greased or other ammo types.

Offline Dementio

• [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2015, 01:17:22 pm »
and that would nerf the gattling and artemis and etc :P

Then up the Gatling's amount of piercing damage? Even though that piercing damge alone should be enough to get rid of most armors without the help of it's secondary shatter damage. And the Artemis is not supposed to destroy armor anyway, so I can't see that one as a nerf.

Offline Crafeksterty

• [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2015, 02:43:42 pm »
Shatter is damage versus components. Ofcourse artemis isnt for the armor, its for the components and hull.

Decrese shatter damage, nerfs all weapons with shatter the ability to destroy components.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 02:46:00 pm by Crafeksterty »

Offline Dementio

• [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2015, 03:40:35 pm »
A "nerf" to carronades against armor would have been changing the shatter modifier on the armor,...

This is not talking about shatter damage against components, silly.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 03:42:40 pm by Dementio »

Offline Crafeksterty

• [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2015, 03:52:10 am »
Oh Crap! I forget!
Modifiers are more specific XD

Shatter allready does 0.2 on armor. changing it down to 0.1 would halven its armor braking capabilities.
Well gotta admit, i dont know how much that would actualy change. But the abundance of shatter damage on carronade or minotaur/mercury will be split in half.