Author Topic: Guns of Icarus - League  (Read 80054 times)

Offline VVhite Angel

• Salutes: 11
    • [Flib]
    • View Profile
Re: Guns of Icarus - League
« Reply #60 on: February 25, 2015, 02:25:27 pm »
Assuming you reach 8-10 teams or so, do you have a rough estimate of how many weeks this will continue for? I still haven't heard anything about the time frame, and the Seasonal isn't planned all that long after this event begins.

It should last 4 weeks for 8 teams, 9 or 10 will be 5 weeks. We think to go on 8 teams.

Offline Foxx

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 3
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 26, 2015, 03:42:47 am »
As a thought for the site, when checking the clan, have a list of members.  And for checking the members, have it on that page where you can see what clan they're on.

Not really something that affects the League, but small touches

Offline VVhite Angel

• [Flib]
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 26, 2015, 06:53:37 am »
As a thought for the site, when checking the clan, have a list of members.  And for checking the members, have it on that page where you can see what clan they're on.

Not really something that affects the League, but small touches

Can be a little improved but it's a bit already here but ... everyone must complete their profile.

Example : http://goio-league.com/members/rhythmrogue/profile/

Offline VVhite Angel

• [Flib]
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 27, 2015, 07:18:01 am »
We're very soon for the ending of signs-ups, we will maybe close a little sooner than expected, ~19:00 GMT+1 and pooling match and maps this day.

Atm we are at 9 teams.

Offline Sammy B. T.

• Salutes: 154
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 27, 2015, 10:03:32 am »
right now its showing Sord (a duck team) as only having one boat. We definitely signed up with two, is there anyway to fix that.

Offline VVhite Angel

• [Flib]
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 27, 2015, 03:55:44 pm »
Everything is fine, we will soon publish all matchs.

In order to organize all, Flibustiers will be dedicated about running the event. We won't take a part of our own event (sadly ...).
Feel free to contact anyone of us directly InGame / Forum.

Sign-ups end, all the teams are here :
Sord (2 ships)
Mad Hatters (2 ships)
Bloody Demon (2 ships)
TTea (2 ships)
Crimson Sky Menace (2 ships)
WoD (2 ships)
The Polite Crews (2 ships)

Dual teams :
404 (1 ship) - The Rusty Busty Lusters (1 ship)
Les Férailleurs de Firnfeld (1 ship) - the Elder Gods (1 ship)

Total of 9 teams.

Offline MeSako

• Salutes: 1
    • [tEGs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 27, 2015, 04:35:29 pm »
Something to add to the webpage: the ability to click on a clan name in the season team list, so we can get contact info.

I have no idea how to contact our ally (we have only a single ship) , and they look french (going on the name only) so I dont know if we can communicate..
I cant find their clan in the game clan list or here in this forum.

So this is somthing that would be nice to have..

Offline VVhite Angel

• [Flib]
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 27, 2015, 04:44:45 pm »
View of the match on Saturdays : http://goio-league.com/all-matchs/

Map Rolls will be very very soon.

Offline VVhite Angel

• [Flib]
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 28, 2015, 06:15:06 am »
And at a majority, the Minotaur canon won't take a part of the event. Due to his recent status and kinda unclear about the question if he is a legit weapon or unbalanced.

Maps comes in few minutes.

Offline Sammy B. T.

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 28, 2015, 07:12:27 am »
And by majority you mean three people on a forum no one knows about were against it opposite of three people for it. Also if there'd been any indication that somehow posting in that forum actually would determine if the gun was allowed then I could have easily roused nine votes from ducks alone.

Which is if course a bigger problem of why the hell are the allowed guns dictated by opinion like this and rules so subject to changes at the last second?

Offline VVhite Angel

• [Flib]
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 28, 2015, 08:24:19 am »
The question isnt close for the entire season, and even on others topic here about minotaur the question isnt so clear. It's not really about any result of a majority i should say (my bad, my english isnt perfect at all).

And allowed are not, both decisions will never fit for all people.

Question will be re-opened on march 8th on a Sunday, everyone is welcomed to argue for or against (or maybe another update will change all) and when opening on a sunday, we will have the time to really make a decision.

Offline Sammy B. T.

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 28, 2015, 08:37:16 am »
Obviously you can't please everyone. Welcome to organizing you will piss people off as not everyone will agree with every decision. However the best way to deal with that is by being consistent and transparent in rules. Making huge decisions hours before matches based on the whims of a few is horrible policy that worries me not just for this decision but for future decisions.

Offline VVhite Angel

• [Flib]
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 28, 2015, 08:50:36 am »
It's a point of view, it wasnt easy to answer the question of minotaur as well as i known there wasnt an answer.
The update in the middle of the week wasnt the best moment too.

Timing is the bad thing we got at the moment, next events that will go after the league (Seasonal and more), force us to launch the league quick. We've first thought to launch the league with 1 more week, and this must have been a good thing too. But impossible to do to respect the timing of the next events.

But be sure it's not a situation that we appreciate too, for others reasons too.

Offline Sammy B. T.

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 28, 2015, 09:16:35 am »
You had three people complain about a gun, you weren't forced into any decision.

Offline BlackenedPies

• Salutes: 134
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 28, 2015, 10:42:09 am »
Three complained against it, two voted the other way. I'd like to place my vote in favor of not banning weapons.

I would also like to call a vote for the use of heavy carronades on goldfish and mobulas on Dunes. In fact let's just get rid of dunes because that map is very unbalanced. Let's just make a thread and vote on stuff we'd like to ban cuz I got a long list. If you're really going to call a vote on something like banning (which I sincerely disagree with) then have everyone vote not just 5 people.

This game is not balanced but there are counters to everything including the Minotaur. Saying it's OP and banning it is ridiculous because there are more unbalanced things already that are allowed. I've played against experienced players with Minotaurs and it is not OP, it requires tactics like everything in the game. I've also used the Minotaur and lost just like every other gun.

I have no problem with anyone who would like to use a Minotaur against the Sord team. I do have problems with other unbalanced things so can I work on having them removed to?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 11:00:40 am by BlackenedPies »