Author Topic: AI Obeys Signals by Captain (i.e. "Man the starboard guns!")  (Read 4849 times)

Offline finalfunk

• Salutes: 3
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
AI Obeys Signals by Captain (i.e. "Man the starboard guns!")
« on: February 17, 2015, 11:16:47 pm »
I think the title says it all, but just to be clear:

It would be nice if the AI could take a break from their automatic activities to obey those lovely signal commands given by the captain. For instance, the "Man the ___ guns!" could be automatically followed by the gunner, while "Repair the ___!" could be assigned to one of the engineers.

The AI usually have a decent sense of what to do next, so these special commands shouldn't permanently override their behaviour once issued, just temporarily (10s?) give them supplementary actions.

I think this is most apt for commands from the pilot or captain (usually the same person). Having the engineers / gunners able to issue commands to AI crew as well could get messy.

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
Re: AI Obeys Signals by Captain (i.e. "Man the starboard guns!")
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2015, 02:40:49 am »
I've seen a few threads with the same suggestion and have even suggested a simpler suggestion in the hopes AI gets changed just a little bit to make them less useless.. We can only hope..

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2015, 02:49:30 am »
I dunno I'd rather have a command that turns Powder Monkeys into AI without me having to tell them their existence is not needed. :D

Offline Bronzium

• Salutes: 11
    • [HMCS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2015, 07:50:31 am »
I actually support this idea, since the function keys on my laptop are multi-functional and I can't use them in-game regardless.

Offline c-ponter

• Salutes: 14
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2015, 10:25:49 am »
surely I can't be the only person that thought they already did?!?! I can't even remember the amount of times I have called for help repairing a certain component and thought the AI were actually listening to me :/

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2015, 03:04:41 pm »
Apparently AI target pilot spot (b) I'll  try testing the voice commands next time I have AI...
"Man the aft guns!" Shoud work on a pyra....