Author Topic: Admiral game mode  (Read 7139 times)

Offline kpyro

• Salutes: 1
    • [SNTD]
    • View Profile
Admiral game mode
« on: February 16, 2015, 08:01:35 pm »
I think it would be cool if there was a game mode called Admiral where each team had  two regular ships and one big admiral ship.  The admiral ship would have more guns, more armor and more health, and also on top of having the standard 4 person crew there would be 1 or 2 extra AIs to crew it and the goal of the game would be to destroy the other teams admiral ship.

Offline Indreams

• Salutes: 105
    • View Profile
Re: Admiral game mode
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2015, 08:18:57 pm »
I believe this is similar to the VIP mode played frequently on competitive.

This is a great idea. It's more than possible with the co-op mode coming in. Any of the boss ship can serve as an admiral ship.

One more question, wasn't there a discussion similar to this before?

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2015, 03:28:43 am »
I do believe Indreams is right and it is run by players who name a "flag ship" and the teams have to attack/defend that ship.
I once had the pleasure of playing it once on Dunes, our target ship stayed behind and our teams attack ships just went very aggressive against their target and then the defenders, it was fun. :)

Offline kpyro

• [SNTD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2015, 07:11:54 pm »
One more question, wasn't there a discussion similar to this before?

I'm not sure if there was or not, I looked back a couple of pages, but not all the way back to the beginning.

Offline Kestril

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 24
    • [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2015, 08:03:39 pm »
I'd love this game type in general play as well.

First to 3 VIP kills wins!

Although, I personally think the VIP ship should be auto-set to a galleon to prevent games of hide-the-squid from going on forever.

Offline Replaceable

• Salutes: 84
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2015, 08:47:22 pm »
Although, I personally think the VIP ship should be auto-set to a galleon to prevent games of hide-the-squid from going on forever.

Or a standardised VIP ship based on the Galleon. But Bigger and more very important.

So basically ship 8 :o

Who is VIP should be random in a lobby to avoid arguments. Like match scramble.
(Noob team VIP OP though)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 08:48:55 pm by Replaceable »

Offline Kamoba

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2015, 02:47:33 am »
Hide the squid? Pfft things too big, much better to play ninjas in pyramidions!!!
Pyramidions have the best hiding places!

Offline kpyro

• [SNTD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2015, 02:51:42 am »
Or a standardized VIP ship based on the Galleon. But Bigger and more very important.

or like what indreams said,
co-op mode coming in. Any of the boss ship can serve as an admiral ship.
that would be cool, which is kinda what I was thinking in my head when I posted this, the admiral, or vip, or capitol ship would be massive, slow, heavily armored and armed, requiring either very good strategy to take it down, or very good luck.  Taking down the capitol ship should be very hard to do, and should be armored and armed enough that just a mad dash all out assault on it in the very beginning would fail miserably.

Offline Kamoba

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2015, 03:03:23 am »
So basically "the bear and the wolves" team play exercise, something I do on mmo pvp training and larp..

The bear, a juggernaut of health and strength pitted against a pack of wolves, if the bear plays aggressive and the wolves do not stick together immediately the wolves will loose, if the wolves work as a team, co-ordinate their efforts, they will win.
Most often the bear wins because many people fail at team work.

(For mmo team work, all players equal level, the wolves have only weak weapons, no armour, the bear gets tanked into best weapons and kit, at larp just give the bear a tonne of hit points and a two handed weapon and tell him to be aggressive :) )

Maybe as a new skirmish mode this could work, a "mega ship" crewed by 8 against 3 "regular" ships crewed by 4 players each ship...

Would be pretty epic....

Offline kpyro

• [SNTD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2015, 11:41:52 pm »
The bear, a juggernaut of health and strength pitted against a pack of wolves, if the bear plays aggressive and the wolves do not stick together immediately the wolves will loose, if the wolves work as a team, co-ordinate their efforts, they will win.
that's a cool idea too, but I was thinking more each team had like 2 or 3 "wolf ships" and one "Bear ship" to put it in your terms the goal would be to destroy the other teams "bear ship" which would only have one life, while the wolf ships could re-spawn.

Offline Kamoba

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2015, 02:52:56 am »
that's a cool idea too, but I was thinking more each team had like 2 or 3 "wolf ships" and one "Bear ship" to put it in your terms the goal would be to destroy the other teams "bear ship" which would only have one life, while the wolf ships could re-spawn.

Yeah sounds like a good idea.

Would love to see it more often in community tournaments  too :)