Author Topic: Lochnagar Experimental Round  (Read 3847 times)

Offline Indreams

• Salutes: 105
    • View Profile
Lochnagar Experimental Round
« on: February 17, 2015, 11:27:44 am »
I'm building on my original thoughts from here: https://gunsoficarus.com/community/forum/index.php/topic,5267.0.html
A general idea that ammos should work differently for each gun so that gunner's three ammos are more frequently useful.

Let's start with the Lochnagar Shot.

Lochnagar
"An extremely deadly and experimental round of ammunition. A single powerful shot loaded with everything and anything that goes boom. Due to the nature of the clip and ammunition, it drastically reduces gun mobility." also massively damages the gun.

It's a very good ammo on guns with small clip-sizes. It's a troll ammo on guns with large clip-sizes. I'd like to have Lochnagar be useful on most guns, so that fresh players won't ruin a game excited about "Super Ammo" and we can see some exciting ammo variability in veteran games.

Tactical Juxtaposition
Tactical Juxtaposition is a perk in a tower defense fps game called Sanctum 2.
It is one of the most interesting perks.

Slow Weapons:
  • Doubled firing rate
  • Doubled magazine size
  • Base damage 0.6x its original.
Fast Weapons:
  • Halved firing rate
  • Halved magazine size
  • Base damage 2.5x its original.

I think we can apply a similar idea to the Lochnagar.

New Lochnagar

Small Clip Weapons:
  • 1 round clip
  • +125% damage
  • -90% rotation
  • no recoil
  • 250 damage to gun per shot
  • -60% arming time
  • -50% AoE
Large Clip Weapons:
  • -50% clip size
  • +70% damage
  • -30% rotation
  • no recoil
  • 15 damage to gun per shot
  • -60% arming time
  • -50% AoE

Small Clip Weapons stat is the original Lochnagar stats. Small Clip Weapons should be the ones you use Lochnagar for anyways, Heavy Flak, Heavy Carronade, Mines, etc. etc.

Large Clip Weapons stat is - half clip size, massive damage, but gradual damage through use. Stats should probably go through balance testing. It should be in a way such that large clip lochnagar will need coordination with the engineer for full potential. However, guns will have to eventually break.

Creative, Interesting, Implementable Ideas

Lochnager Flare - Lots of Fire Works.

Lochnagar Flame - can be that cryo gun we were asking for.

Lochnagar Hwacha - Fires dual flames instead. Short, strong burst and the gun should die.

Your addition - if you have a creative thought, just post it!  :D :D :D

-----------------------------------------------------------

I'd like comments and discussions. Happy Posting![/list]

Offline Crafeksterty

• Salutes: 73
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
Re: Lochnagar Experimental Round
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2015, 01:27:22 pm »
I always make the gunner also hold lochnagar on a HF. But it is usualy just that gun that i forcibly force people to take lochnagar on. Because its effect is my favourite.
I just like the tought of the crew and the pilot on the other ship feeling dead allready even with full health but no armor. Just no hope at all, just boom... dead...

There was an ammo type called "injection clip" in the dev app that conveyed your idea exactly. It basicaly exerted all its doubled ammo in a quick go with balanced damage and range. But damaged itself while it was firing precentage wise.
The problem is some weapons (flame thrower, flare) Could cause alot of problems. Flamethrower having so many bullets could be repaired inbetween, making the flamethrower giving large stacks of fire in no time, and ready to throw another volley. The flare gave itself too many shots which then would cause lag.

Your large clip version in the other hand doesnt have this problem, i would like to believe. But it doesnt really seem like it would be the "lochnagar" for large clipped weapons.
Just seems like the Charged ammo that would be used on large clipped weapons.

The "injection clip" to me is still like the most realised lochnagar for large clip weapons.
Also, ammos working differently for each gun would be way too dissorienting to care about. Specialy how you dont get this description during gameplay. Most newbs including my self were confused or forgot what ammo icon did what.

Offline Indreams

• Salutes: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2015, 03:52:54 pm »
Well, I want it in such way that lochnagar on flame will be a short burst of strong flames.
A gun that will require some Engineer's help. In a way that the Engineer will get at most one mallet hit in.

Offline ZnC

• Salutes: 40
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2015, 05:04:36 pm »
Interesting, but I think this should be an entirely new ammo instead of changing Lochnagar. The current Lochnagar is a pretty core ammo primarily used to reduce arming time. Also, I don't think changing Lochnagar would help new players not ruin games, or learn better. They will still either listen to their team and learn, or do whatever they want.

However your idea seems to be an ammo for higher clip weapons, which Crafeksterty has mentioned, does sound like an injection clip without injection mechanics.

Injection Clip
-99% rotation
+30..50% rate of fire
-10..30% damage
+80% damage done to gun with entire clip
Does not stop firing until clip's emptied

Basically increased damage output while damaging your gun.