Author Topic: Sunday Community Skirmish #38 (Signups for Sunday 15th February)  (Read 16906 times)

Offline Lueosi

• Salutes: 56
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
Re: Sunday Community Skirmish #38 (Signups for Sunday 15th February)
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2015, 07:48:14 pm »
The wait time for my team was 90min from the beginning and then another 80min to wait for the other bracket. As much as we are dedicated to the game I kindly ask the organizers to avoid those wait times in future. Unstreamed matches happened in the past (I'm not a fan of it), also we had enough caster for all three initial brackets  at the end but one bracket had two casters. We also had non-English-only brackets in the past with Xemkos and Tanya streaming.
The event lasted around 4.5 hours with only 3 rounds (with around maximum 1h for a BO3 series including over time, lobby time, all three matches played).

I also want to point out that both finalists were teams with an almost only European player pool. Making this event unusually long with quite a lot of players dropping out on both sides due to European night time.

Offline Urz

• Salutes: 75
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2015, 10:02:17 pm »

Offline Velvet

• Salutes: 45
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2015, 08:46:44 am »
Sorry for the inconvenience yesterday. I think most of the issues are borne out of our over reliance on our regular streamers and a lack of a properly organised pool of referees. This put us in a position where we were still trying to organise referees and streamers ~10 minutes into the event and I did not feel confident running 3 matches at once. I think we're reasonably close to a solution to both these issues and in the future should be pretty comfortable having all round 1 matches streamed and played simultaneously.

The rules regarding ties are also changing in a way that will in some cases shorten brackets with tied matches, which may help a little with waiting times.

Offline Byron Cavendish

• Salutes: 89
    • [TB]
    • View Profile
    • The Brotherhood
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2015, 11:10:58 am »

Offline VVhite Angel

• Salutes: 11
    • [Flib]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2015, 04:08:52 am »
Match B found here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Us6qpfb7y8A

It has been some issues this sunday, and we don't really understand most of them.

We have been brief 2 hours ago, we said yes for casting B or C match (or both) + E. Was clear for us, and as always we have done what we said and we were here 30min ago.
Once online, no invite from ref ... well we received from velvet the password for Match (B) and not a long time have passed we noticed on our Twitch chat a link for stream in english of the same Match (B).
Of course, all people in the stream have moved, because of most of this game have english community. I fully dislike making duplicate work.

But why ? Of course we are French, we do the effort of speaking english in everypost i do. If its because its a French stream spoken mostly in French that Thomas have  been called for casting, whoever have done this ... it would be nice to give us a clear reason.

Thanks.

« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 04:11:38 am by VVhite Angel »

Offline Princess Tutu

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 7
    • [T.Pr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2015, 05:34:02 am »
Let's not get carried away. The casting chaos occurred only once so far and I believe that that it was because all the regular streamers were away on the same week. There is no reason to get upset or search for meaning or reasons unless this becomes a pattern. It was just ordinary chaos.
I agree with Lueosi that as many matches as possible should be played simultaneously regardless of the streams, because Europeans. The teams in this week's finals were barely the same teams as in the previous brackets  :)

Cheers

Offline MiztaWildCard

• Salutes: 12
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 01:23:03 pm by MiztaWildCard »