Author Topic: Coming back  (Read 10150 times)

Offline Gambrill

• Salutes: 26
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
Coming back
« on: February 09, 2015, 09:28:19 am »
Hey guys and girls, Gambrill here. I took a long (looooooooooong) break for GoIo and im thinking of coming back once i finish work (yes im at work atm but what they don't know won't affect theirwork output) Anything i need to know about, any changes, etc.

Last time i was here i think it was when Cake played against some others in a 5 v 5, 1 team with junkers full mine launchers and the others had mobulas full flame throwers.

Best regards,
Gambrill

Offline Patched Wizard

• Salutes: 43
    • [+]
    • View Profile
Re: Coming back
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2015, 10:53:27 am »
I guess i'll start things off:

GwTh disbanded and....
(psst someone else take this mic from me)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 10:55:08 am by Patched Wizard »

Offline Steve CZ

• Salutes: 21
    • [CsM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2015, 11:44:06 am »
GOIO Community was blessed with my presence \o/

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2015, 11:46:59 am »
Welcome back Gambril. Be sure to log into the game to get your levels updated. Level cap went from 15 to 45. The game will bump up your levels if it detects you were an old account. It is a bit disorienting at first when you crew with a level 12 captain and expect an expert only to find he has been playing for less than a week and doesn't know that phoenix claw burns the engines.

Offline Gambrill

• [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2015, 03:08:54 am »
Welcome back Gambril. Be sure to log into the game to get your levels updated. Level cap went from 15 to 45. The game will bump up your levels if it detects you were an old account. It is a bit disorienting at first when you crew with a level 12 captain and expect an expert only to find he has been playing for less than a week and doesn't know that phoenix claw burns the engines.

Oh good heavens I'm worried now. I've heard talk about stamina and fine tuning things?   I seem to remember being able to paint your ships, I think that was the lateset patch I played up to. Have I missed a lot?

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2015, 05:55:26 am »
Firstly welcome back!
Secondly, relatively new so can not explain too many changes, but the Stamina is only Dev App and still being tested, its not in game yet :)

See you in the skies!

Offline Mean Machine

• Salutes: 31
    • [T.Pr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2015, 06:10:32 am »
Welcome back.

We got matchmaking system, new leveling system, some UI changes, two *new* maps (2v2 versions of firnfeld and water hazard), option to give crew recommended loadout (best thing ever) and few other minor things. Coop is coming soon and some changes to spire, pyra and squid. And stamina as you've heard. Like Kamoba said, it's in dev app.

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2015, 02:39:35 pm »
Now there's a lobby timer so you can't discuss strategy in this highly cooperative games. And maybe that's just me but noobs got noober.

Offline BlackenedPies

• Salutes: 134
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2015, 03:55:53 pm »
Strategy can be discussed in match without wasting the other team's time. In my experience no plan takes longer than 30 secs. The timer has also significantly reduced lobby countering.

Matchmaking maximizes matches per minute. If you want a serious match where you sit in lobbies for extended periods, then make a custom lobby.

Again, I think the timer is an excellent albeit buggy feature. And that noobs have significantly improved since recommended loadouts. Speaking of which, recommended loadouts!

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2015, 04:23:52 pm »
My experience shows differently.

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2015, 04:56:21 pm »

Matchmaking maximizes matches per minute. If you want a serious match where you sit in lobbies for extended periods, then make a custom lobby.

Course you can't get MM players to fill custom till you have enough in it to start with. MM only works on prime time hours. At other times you sit in a queue for about as long as you would a lobby, waiting for enough players to fill so then you can roflstomp them, make them rage quit, then sit in another long queue only to see them again and make them rage quit again.

Offline KitKatKitty

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 41
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2015, 10:40:16 pm »
WELCOME BACK!!!
Somethings you will love! Somethings....you will hate, maybe.
LOVE:
WORKSHOP! You can add your own ideas to the work shop and some ship logos have already been added to the game. You can add these to your ship in your ship customization screen.

CAPTAIN RECOMMENDED LOAD OUTS! You can set up recommended load outs then when in lobby click on a crew member and suggest a load out to them. Most the time this makes getting your crew set up faster...but they do not have to accept if they don't want to ....which can be in issue.
A few things have changed to "balance" the game as far as ships and guns. Nothing too major here.
new leveling system, some UI changes, two *new* maps (2v2 versions of firnfeld and water hazard)

Hates:
Matchmaking.... you will love it or hate it. Since you are used to the old system you will at least have an adjustment period. You can no longer view all matches that are running ONLY the ones you have friends in. AND Match making does not make balanced lobbies like it was praised to. I do not find that match making makes you maximize the number of games played in a night actually I find the exact opposite. You will get to know the "1 more player" match making is always looking for.

Timed lobbies...yes you are no longer "suck" in lobbies of icarus anymore but you also can't sit in a lobby and chat with friends unless you create a custom one. Also, if you are trying to teach new players the timer can be hindering at beast.

After every match you have the option to "rematch" or "return to crew form", majority rules unless no one votes than it defaults apparently to "return to crew form" which then all red ships return to 1 crew form and blue returns to a different one (which if you didn't like your team or if your friends where on the other side you will have to exit that crew form and re make a new one with your friends)

Only 4 games per lobby. You will have your initial game. Then you have the option of rematching 3 more times. Before being forced back to crew form.

Seems more trolls during sale times and they seem to be staying around a little longer each time.

Neither here nor there:
All lobbies (if they are not custom) now are swap lobbies. After every match 1 ship from each side swaps.
Also teams are now Vertical (in columns) instead of horizontal (rows).
:( You can no longer name your lobbies :(
Gwth, SIR, HOLY all have disbanded. (I'm sure others have too)
MANY new clans...some good....some not so good.
SPQR and Rydrs are the current heavy hitters in the competitive scene.
Cake still loves their fire and say Happy Birthday
Tons of community events happening all the time hosted by clans or players. *Plug* Sac has created a new way to play the game called VIP mode and host a SAC ATTACK lobby every Friday night at 9pm EST. If you'd like to check it out.
The AI are now in orange looking duck suits (at least that's what I think they look like)

I'm sure there are a few other things I've missed.

Offline Gambrill

• [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2015, 03:28:08 am »
Gwth, SIR, HOLY all have disbanded. (I'm sure others have too)
MANY new clans...some good....some not so good.
SPQR and Rydrs are the current heavy hitters in the competitive scene.
Cake still loves their fire and say Happy Birthday

I'm happy that cake are still alive and well. God bless those Pyromaniacs, might have to catch up with them :P

A big thank you to all of you giving me a heads up on what to expect :)

Eyes to the horizon, boys!