Author Topic: Keep Tabs on People  (Read 14615 times)

Offline Chernobyl Trash

• Salutes: 2
    • View Profile
Keep Tabs on People
« on: February 07, 2015, 10:07:13 am »
I'm trying to think of a more appropriate way to say this but is there a way to write a little note about certain players that only you can see? Like I just came across a specific player I never want on my crew ever again. I can block him but I'd like to remember why I blocked him.

Crossposting this from the steam forum.
http://steamcommunity.com/app/209080/discussions/0/606068060827233992/?tscn=1423317339
Someone thought it was a good idea, so why not give it a go here, I guess.

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
Re: Keep Tabs on People
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2015, 10:22:03 am »
A great idea would be handy for positive uses as well!
I'd be able to make note of who is best at what role, what guns they work best with, making job as captain easier when giving people tasks, also add notes of things they want more practice or training on.

This would be a very powerful tool for captains and players alike for so many reasons, just a notes tab in the player profile, no more than 500 characters needed either. :)

Offline DJ Logicalia

• Salutes: 191
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2015, 01:43:40 pm »
That'd actually be nice. A lot of players I play with a lot, so I know who they are, but every once and a while I see someone on my friends list who I don't remember at all

+1

Offline Wolfprints

• Salutes: 5
    • [WOLF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2015, 02:31:26 pm »
Agreed, this would be really useful.
+1

Offline KitKatKitty

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 41
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2015, 07:46:20 pm »
+1

Offline Tropo

• Salutes: 31
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2015, 11:22:22 pm »
i think is you dislike some one or don't like the way they play that is up to you please don't spread you hatred let other people make up there own mind

have a area for people openly post there hatred or to encourage people to write reason why you dislike or don't want to crew with them sounds  very anti social and won't help the growth of this community

Offline Caprontos

• Salutes: 17
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2015, 12:56:39 am »
i think is you dislike some one or don't like the way they play that is up to you please don't spread you hatred let other people make up there own mind

have a area for people openly post there hatred or to encourage people to write reason why you dislike or don't want to crew with them sounds  very anti social and won't help the growth of this community

They did mean it  so only you can see the notes you make.. so you can remember why you blocked or added someone.... not to make it like public shaming..

An while I guess its fine.. I'd never use it... If I block someone .. They were probably a troll..If I have someone added and idk who it is.. I probably do not care who it is... but that is just me..

Also there is always notepad.. haha..

Offline Kamoba

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2015, 03:44:32 am »
Yes as mentioned it would only be visible by yourself not a public viewing system, that would just be yucky.

As for notepad, that's fine for planned events where you have time to spare and alt tab, but in pub matches where 3/4people are readied up and you have little time, alt tab to notepad becomes less viable, having a notes on someone's profile would be faster and easily accessible in game :)

Offline shaelyn

• Salutes: 73
    • [◉‿◉]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2015, 12:28:41 pm »
I've emailed this one in to the team.

and I can't reiterate enough, both this and the steam group are great on getting feedback on stuff like this from the rest of the community, but it's not a great place to get us to see it.  if you want something to get implemented, email it to us!  feedback@musegames.com

PS, +1
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 12:32:12 pm by -Muse- shaelyn »

Offline Kamoba

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2015, 01:00:25 pm »
I've emailed this one in to the team.

and I can't reiterate enough, both this and the steam group are great on getting feedback on stuff like this from the rest of the community, but it's not a great place to get us to see it.  if you want something to get implemented, email it to us!  feedback@musegames.com

PS, +1

Guess I shall be sending in this in an email soon! Also may add a note on stamina :)

Offline shaelyn

• Salutes: 73
    • [◉‿◉]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2015, 02:46:46 pm »
LOL I had already forwarded it on!  no worries though :)

Offline Kamoba

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2015, 06:23:14 pm »
LOL I had already forwarded it on!  no worries though :)

But more voices means more.reminding and I got to add a note about stamina :)

Offline sparklerfish

• Salutes: 124
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
    • DJ mixes and original tracks on SoundCloud
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2015, 06:28:21 pm »
I would love to be add a little note the way I can add a nickname on Steam so I can remember who all these people who constantly change their names are, lol.  I, too, forget who a lot of the people on my GOI friends list are, and I also often forget why I've blocked people.  It would be good to know if it's a "NEVER UNBLOCK THIS PERSON EVER BECAUSE THEY ARE A RACIST JERK" or "they played music in a lobby once but might not be a bad person so you can probably play with them again".

Offline DJ Logicalia

• Salutes: 191
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2015, 06:40:36 pm »
"they played music in a lobby once but might not be a bad person so you can probably play with them again".
<3

Offline sparklerfish

• Salutes: 124
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
    • DJ mixes and original tracks on SoundCloud
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2015, 07:19:48 pm »
"they played music in a lobby once but might not be a bad person so you can probably play with them again".
<3

I have almost all of the Bards unblocked now!  :D <3