Author Topic: Killing the community, one game at a time.  (Read 72627 times)

Offline Dutch Vanya

• Salutes: 107
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
Re: Killing the community, one game at a time.
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2015, 08:32:13 am »
From my point of view what does more damage to the player base is public lobby stomping.

Veterans see the opposition is really and mean really out-classed but do they offer to help or balance it? No they just stomp for the XP and leave.

Ok a few matches here and there but relentlessly pub stomping.... Well chaps where is your honour when a lvl 40+ pilot has a pyra and the match is so unbalanced then why does the pilot proceed with caution?

Pity the poor low players and a spanner in your engines to all who just pub stomp.

No one stomps for XP...................... People just want to play with their friends, and without the frustration of having to order around crew that wont't listen anyway.  And i'm someone who often pleads for fair matches, but other times i just don't care. My favorite way to balance has always just been to not fly pyramidions and  strong meta builds. Fun for everyone.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 08:37:08 am by Dutch Vanya »

Offline c-ponter

• Salutes: 14
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2015, 08:36:07 am »
From my point of view what does more damage to the player base is public lobby stomping.

Veterans see the opposition is really and mean really out-classed but do they offer to help or balance it? No they just stomp for the XP and leave.

Ok a few matches here and there but relentlessly pub stomping.... Well chaps where is your honour when a lvl 40+ pilot has a pyra and the match is so unbalanced then why does the pilot proceed with caution?

Pity the poor low players and a spanner in your engines to all who just pub stomp.
while I agree with this for the most part, from my experience if a team Is truly stompin, it is not uncommon for teams to split and even the game slightly.  It was just yesterday I came up against a full SREP team, and being the only player on my team over lvl 15, we got slaughtered, though I was surprised that after that match SREP were kind enough to just say 'GG' and completely swapped the teams to make for a really close second match. I have seen things like this happen fairly regularly but this is just an example.
After all pub stomping is no fun for anyone, stomper or the stomped

Offline Extirminator

• Salutes: 56
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2015, 08:49:34 am »

My answer to that will be as simple as 'Because that's the only thing we can do.'. Skill gaps even in the competitive scene are so huge that there is no way to play a game without "pub stomping" for certain people anymore. Am I just to mindlessly roam the game for hours until I find, with the ridiculously low population of Goi in certain or if not all hours of the day - a match that is semi evenly matched? The answer is no. I will play the game, whenever I have the time to, and not worry about pub stomping. Because if I will, I won't play the game at all.

And I raise to you another issue: What if those teammates of yours who are overly stacking the lobby, your friends, or clan mates who simply want to play with you like every other group of people I know in this, or any other game. We could split our ships with the two sides, but that takes the together in playing together, and it just ends up to be a contest of who has the better ally. We could just stay together most of the time, and wait for scramble to scramble on the next match. Which is what we end up usually doing, so we can at least have one match together. OH, but hold up one second, MatchMaking introduces an amazing feature that you could just send everyone to the flipping crew formations after one stupid match, and scramble can never scramble - and then the cycle continues.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 08:56:02 am by Extirminator »

Offline Hilary Briss

• Salutes: 22
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2015, 09:05:58 am »
Guys this was just an observation.

Not to be taken as a slight on all high ranking players. There are some whom shall remain nameless who are relentless at it.

Has gotten to the point now, where am bored of flying with some, as that is all it is. Low level laughs. But when some come up against lvl 20 pilots and low level crew, then they collectively start to sweat. Admittedly some games can be fun. But most times it is just not a sporting chance. Kind of like letting wild animals lose in a nappy filled kindergarten.

Players do go public match stomping for xp. As each win over another team, no matter how good or bad the opponent. The winning players Gains 10x the amount of xp as a loss does.

This above value may have to be re-quoted as myself asked this question in a Dev fireside chat, re-new levelling after the Achievement way only was changed.

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2015, 10:17:21 am »
Pub stomping is not a thing, as much as it appears to be...
Only yesterday in a three vs three did me and my ally try to balance the match only to be told by the lower levels all against us... "Yeh rite woteva u ***in d***s we r not fallin for dat"
So taking less than lethal loadouts we still managed a 7-0 win only to receive more match chat abuse.

Make levels visible people leave because its unfair, while not visible they assume they're in even matches.

As said as well people just like to play with other people they know.. The skill gap is unfortunate which is unfortunate.
However I have notices these "unfair" matches often lead to "vets" taking ships they're less comfortable with, today an example, Me, Enoch and DrZan as pilots went triple squid on an unbalanced match, my squid triple gatling, Zan had double Flak and Enoch had disable carronades... End result 7-4 win to us.. (Because the galleon piloted by the lols was a very worthy enemy! <3 the lols!)

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2015, 06:34:30 pm »

I've no love for noobs.

They frustrate me for their lack of common sense and everytime I hear "Dude it's only a game." and "Try hard" for saying things like SHOOT THE GUNS AND REPAIR THE BASIC COMPONENTS NEEDED TO KEEP FLYING AND WE CAN'T SHOOT GUNS WITHOUT ARC.

It kinda removes all remorse for my cleansing of the dirty casuals. I want to get better, I want to teach people to get better.

I can do neither with a guy that refuses to accept that his 5 merc gun mobula can only shoot one gun at a time and won't believe me until I jump on the other side as a one man munker and laugh as I mine him as a stationary target that his puny crew can't stop because AI are set to repair.

I simply refuse to give wins with my "try hard" ability to people that I feel do not deserve the win they did not themselves work with me for.  Nor lose to my veteran peers for incompetence that is not my own.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 06:39:05 pm by Maximillian Jazzhand »

Offline Dutch Vanya

• Salutes: 107
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2015, 06:56:51 pm »

I've no love for noobs.

They frustrate me for their lack of common sense and everytime I hear "Dude it's only a game." and "Try hard" for saying things like SHOOT THE GUNS AND REPAIR THE BASIC COMPONENTS NEEDED TO KEEP FLYING AND WE CAN'T SHOOT GUNS WITHOUT ARC.

It kinda removes all remorse for my cleansing of the dirty casuals. I want to get better, I want to teach people to get better.

I can do neither with a guy that refuses to accept that his 5 merc gun mobula can only shoot one gun at a time and won't believe me until I jump on the other side as a one man munker and laugh as I mine him as a stationary target that his puny crew can't stop because AI are set to repair.

I simply refuse to give wins with my "try hard" ability to people that I feel do not deserve the win they did not themselves work with me for.  Nor lose to my veteran peers for incompetence that is not my own.
Stop. Please.

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2015, 07:06:39 pm »

...I can do neither with a guy that refuses to accept that his 5 merc gun mobula can only shoot one gun at a time....

Two. Noob.

Offline sparklerfish

• Salutes: 124
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
    • DJ mixes and original tracks on SoundCloud
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2015, 07:18:25 pm »
I don't get the claim that veteran players "stomp for XP".  Why the hell would I want XP?  My levels ain't going any higher.  We want balanced matches as much as everyone, believe me, but it's not always easy to find one, especially since matchmaking has limited our abilities to manually find and balance lobbies (and then when we DO come up with one, it kicks us out after three matches).  More often than not, I see veteran players offering advice, trying to swap ships with the other team to balance things out, or otherwise generally be helpful, but more often than not you get expletives hurled at you or are just ignored, then unsurprisingly the match is unbalanced and half the other team ragequits after their first death.  Are the more experienced players really to blame for this?

Offline Kamoba

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2015, 08:15:01 pm »
-snipped-

You want to get better? Play with your clan. Play in arranged Skrim matches.
Stop playing pub matches, as they're driving your blood pressure to dangerous levels.
You also want to get better? Stop achievement trolling. buffing engines and ignoring repairs because of your achievement makes you look a fool, insulting the people by not caring about their game also makes you a fool.
Stop trolling lobbies with comments such as "This match is not worth my time noobs" Just keep your mouth shut and leave the lobby without a word, you'll not be missed.
Stop telling new players in match chat they're idiots or noobs or fools in an attempt to humiliate them infront of the other players in the game, you make yourself look a troll.
Stop raging the forums with your superiority issues. You're no better a person than the people you're playing with and you need to get your head around that Ceresbane.

Yes new players are frustrating and yes many of them don't want to learn but if it is effecting you so much, don't play with them!
Me Waffle, DrZan Enochh and others have recently started doing custom lobbies during off peak times as we're growing a group of friends who like to play together...
Stop being such a vile person and maybe one day you'll be invited.

Nor lose to my veteran peers for incompetence that is not my own.

This has yet to be seen
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 08:17:59 pm by Kamoba »

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2015, 09:03:12 pm »
Yet to be seen, by you. But seen by plenty of others, so play more?

Scrims? I just came from one with csm and ravens against spqr.

Achievement trolling? buffing engines (haven't touched a buff kit in ages, unless asked), ignoring repairs (unless you mean the times when a noob pilot spams moonshine resulting in constantly destroying his own engines, unless I simply say. nop. unless you stop I aint fixing it) I haven't even been with a game against you in ages, let alone on a ship with you to know whether I am running proper chem and repair cycles (which I do).

As for achievements, they are at the stage where the majority of them are about winning and often times in specific strenuous conditions. So I don't know what you're smoking by frankly your info is wrong. Barring that one time I needed chute vent, but that was going to be a loss anyway (no spreading of vets on that match I tell you now), both my noob crew and me got some mutual gain tho in exchange for one salty guy which I frankly say what did you expect to do against them with THAT?

As for your quaint little games? Not interested. Hence the lack of me joining them or even showing of any intent to join them. There are other vets I play with you know.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 09:11:50 pm by Maximillian Jazzhand »

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2015, 09:39:44 pm »
The argument about veterans (intentionally) stomping noobs in pubs for exp is just so darn funny.

We just want balanced matches like everyone else. For me it's no fun winning 5-0 with crews <lvl15. People who have spent some time in a game know that levels aren't that important after all and they surely aren't as desperate as you suggest to get them.

Playing around noobs is never fun. Neither when they are on your ship, on your team or on enemy team (I had moments when I wondered why enemy ship isn't acting logically, then I hit tab and go "Oh, they got a lvl2 engie... right"). GOIO is a game where cooperation is the most overpowered thing and just having a crew of people you generally know and who at least 'try' to do their job and 'listen' to orders - you get much more chances. But we all know the pain of a novice going on your ship and ruining everything.

As many times I've said - veterans are not cared about good enough by Devs in general. They can't have fun in pubs and they can't be protected from noobs. As we see - Devs created matchmaker despite many people questioning it and statistics show* that it didn't turned out well for them.

*http://steamcharts.com/app/209080#1y

Also this, fully agree:
I've no love for noobs.

Offline DJ Logicalia

• Salutes: 191
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2015, 09:42:17 pm »
Yet to be seen, by you. But seen by plenty of others, so play more?

Scrims? I just came from one with csm and ravens against spqr.

Achievement trolling? buffing engines (haven't touched a buff kit in ages, unless asked), ignoring repairs (unless you mean the times when a noob pilot spams moonshine resulting in constantly destroying his own engines, unless I simply say. nop. unless you stop I aint fixing it) I haven't even been with a game against you in ages, let alone on a ship with you to know whether I am running proper chem and repair cycles (which I do).

As for achievements, they are at the stage where the majority of them are about winning and often times in specific strenuous conditions. So I don't know what you're smoking by frankly your info is wrong. Barring that one time I needed chute vent, but that was going to be a loss anyway (no spreading of vets on that match I tell you now), both my noob crew and me got some mutual gain tho in exchange for one salty guy which I frankly say what did you expect to do against them with THAT?

As for your quaint little games? Not interested. Hence the lack of me joining them or even showing of any intent to join them. There are other vets I play with you know.

Don't want to be overly rude here, but you weren't even on the team with your own clan in the SCS today. Just take a chill pill, man. You're not God. Your a decent player, nothing more and no one owes you anything

Offline Kamoba

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2015, 01:49:17 am »
Funny because since I was about level 17 I've yet to see you on a winning side... Even when you have reliable crews...
I'll say no more.

Offline Xemkobankavareniya

• Salutes: 20
    • [Rrdy]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2015, 02:19:12 am »
More drama, please.