Author Topic: GOI Board Game  (Read 34194 times)

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
Re: GOI Board Game
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2015, 06:15:31 pm »
I started work on the Market cards.
These cards will include items and crew.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-EygYkdfI7RnQi-NH9QfDb2m5eMK3b25dgo_h4S1LuY/pubhtml

I forgot to bring up wanted lists. If you want to be an NPC tell me some factions you would like your NPC to have pissed off in the past.

I have included several names of people who have not volunteered to be NPC's. If I don't get their permission I will remove them from the game before the final version. Also for the people who have given permission look over your attributes and let me know if you want them changed.

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2015, 01:25:09 am »
If I get the honour of being an NPC my character defected the baronies and most recently pissed off the Merc Guild.

Offline Indreams

• Salutes: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2015, 08:44:41 am »
Shouldn't Zuka's wage be, well, Zuka-worthy?

Anyways, reading through the flavor-texts and quotes, I'll die laughing playing this board game.

Also,
Range Finder - 400 -
Negates Shot Drop attribute for all guns. Any Crewmember can use guns with the shotdrop attribute.

Kinda wish it actually did that, don't you?

Offline HamsterIV

• View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2015, 12:17:04 pm »
Zuka usually takes his payment in Liqueur and Tavern Wenches. However I don't have a mechanic for raunchy parties so I had to go with the faction wanted list.

Offline HamsterIV

• View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2015, 12:42:09 pm »
I have taken the liberty of adding several prominent names from the GOI community without their permission. I will remove these name is the players they belong to ask me to or do not give me explicit permission by the time I get to making the cards. If I have added your name without your permission please do not be offended, and let me know if you want to be part of this project or not.

Offline shaelyn

• Salutes: 73
    • [◉‿◉]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2015, 07:23:20 pm »
huh.  keep that my character has pissed off the Yeshans, but...can you add that she's also pissed off the Arashi?
she managed to get herself disowned when she developed a working relationship with the Angleans.

Offline DJ Logicalia

• Salutes: 191
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2015, 08:03:19 pm »
huh.  keep that my character has pissed off the Yeshans, but...can you add that she's also pissed off the Arashi?
she managed to get herself disowned when she developed a working relationship with the Angleans.

*highfive* Angleans4Lyfe

Offline macmacnick

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 121
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile: Macmacnick
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2015, 08:21:19 pm »
You can use me as a character, Hamster.

Name: Macmac
Favorite Class: Engineer (Gunner second)
Favorite part of the game: Hitting things with mines (Allies count too)
Special attribute (If you can): Demoralizing Snarkasm (Snark, puns and sarcasm) — enemy crew is slightly less effective at tasks when character is present.
Quote: "Someone say mines? I shall indulge myself. Pay no attention to the puns and snark."
Faction: Any (you can make my character harder to get than others, as after all, I am elusive.)

Offline Bronzium

• Salutes: 11
    • [HMCS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2015, 09:58:12 pm »
To add to my NPC listing, you can say that I did have a run in with some Yeshans and Baronies a while back (got a bounty on my head in their territories because of some explosion or another).

Offline Mr. Goggles

• Salutes: 11
    • [Nya~]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2015, 03:17:58 pm »
Woh! I would LOVE to be a part of this!

Name: Mr. Goggles
Favorite Class: Engineer
Favorite Part of the Game: An excellent engi crew performing flawlessly timed repairs to save ships from continuous balloon popping (Setting the rebuild up so that it completes right AFTER an enemy's post-blow shot, that way the engi can get another repair or two in before the enemy can make another shot).
Faction: Anglean

Quote: “If it isn't broken, fix it till it is” AND/OR "If he'd jus' get Lasik, he'd be the best damn engineer around!"

Might I also suggest thinking about making this a legitimate board game? With a hard-cardboard base and actual cards and whatnot if it gets big enough? I'm sure you've already thought of that, I'm just very excited!

I know I don't look like much now, but in a month or two I'll be 45 engi without a doubt.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 03:21:47 pm by Mr. Goggles »

Offline Patched Wizard

• Salutes: 43
    • [+]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2015, 04:48:53 pm »
Name: Patched Wizard
Favourite Class: Pilot
Favourite Ship: Squid (Burning Autumn) and Goldfish (Damascus Koi)
Favourite part of the game: Stalking through the canyons and ancient wrecks, launching vicious ambushes out from the clouds and crevasses.

Faction: Stateless. I've gone ahead and made the proper arrangements to ensure that i've at least pissed off every major faction possible. Let's just say that it wasn't my brightest moment after a long night of heavy drinking.

Quote: I've been called many things, but I prefer "lunatic".
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 04:58:13 pm by Patched Wizard »

Offline Crafeksterty

• [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2015, 05:04:57 am »
May i?

Name: Crafeksterty (Craft)
Class: Pilot (Gunner) (A pilot that also guns)
Ship speciality: Spire (The Wizard)
Favourite Part: Seeing weapon cooperation come to fruition (Lesmok gattling left, lesmok gattling right, Ready lochnagar Heavy flak. Kill)

Faction: Fjord Baronies

Quote: "Ive been thru what does not work... but this, this will work"

Offline Crafeksterty

• [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2015, 05:19:09 am »
To question

John is flying a pyramidion with a mercury artemis on the front and a gat banshee on the side. He draws an gunnery encounter at medium range. He elects to use the convergent property of the gat+1@ medium, banshee+1@ medium and artemis +2 at medium with three of his best gunners who have a +4 gunnery bonus between them. He rolls a d6 and adds +8 for all his bonuses.

How did the artemis get a shot? I know in the game it is possible but as a board game how did the artemis able to fire with the gat and banshee?
The convergent property... eludes me, i dont know what it means. Googled, still no meaning to this.

So, can a galleon fire at an enemy with 3 heavy weapons?

Offline HamsterIV

• View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2015, 05:02:47 pm »
I have been slowly adding encounters to the encounter table. Since these are how the random plots are formed I am taking my time.

As to Crafeksterty's question the Convergent property allows guns that are 90 degrees off from each other to converge on a target. The merc is not a convergent gun but the gat, banshee, and artemis are. It is the same thing as putting an enemy on the 45 degree angle to a junker and getting a trifecta.

Since ambush/flanking encounters are supposed to come from a random angle only convergent guns can cover the blind sides of some ships. Also they allow for more fire power on ships that can take advantage of the convergent property.

Offline Skrimskraw

• Salutes: 160
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2015, 07:00:46 am »
why not make this in tabletop simulator?