Author Topic: The Llamatron 2.0, the numbers game of GOIO  (Read 23411 times)

Offline Sammy B. T.

• Salutes: 154
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
The Llamatron 2.0, the numbers game of GOIO
« on: February 03, 2015, 10:20:48 pm »
The Llamatron 2.0

Some of you may know Illmatar as a god of the Hades. We know him as that too but we also know him as our spreadsheet maker. Also for awhile I knew him as Llamatar due to me being fantastic with nicknames. While the nickname never caught onto him, it did catch onto his invention. For quite a bit now we've had a nifty little google spreadsheet where you could just choose the ship, gun, and a few other factors and we'd get some crunched out numbers. However since this was a google spreadsheet and anyone with access to it could use it and functionally only one person could use it at a time we kept it somewhat exclusive to the Ducks.

Well no more. Illmatar has worked out a website where these numbers are done on your own end. We decided we wanted to share this with the community. So I present to you The Llamatron 2.0

We pull the numbers directly from a spreadsheet on the Muse site. While the numbers are up to date there are some oddities of some names. So to clarify a few options in the spreadsheet;

- Flak Cannon is the Heavy Flak
- Portable Flak is the Light Flak
- Medium Carronade is the Heavy Carronade
- Magma is the Hades
- Missile Sling is the Artemis
- Rocket Launcher is the Carousel
- Small Howitzer is the Mercury
- Splinter is NOTHING! It doesn't exist. Don't get excited as this has been taking up space for as long as we've been looking.

One day we will probably get this fixed though we hope maybe Muse will one day.

There will be a few updates to this as we go forward. Illmatar is negotiating with the AI trying to get a damage table so you can know things like Damage per second, clip, and/or shot against different components. Whenever Muse updates their spreadsheets, so do ours. If there is an issue with blanks or errors, refresh a few times. If  issues persist, you have any suggestions, or if you want to tell Illmatar anything there is a suggestion area.

We hope you will all enjoy and find it useful in ship building.

The Llamatron 2.0
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 10:27:44 pm by Sammy B. T. »

Offline awkm

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 77
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
    • Notes for Next Century—n4n100
Re: The Llamatron 2.0, the numbers game of GOIO
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2015, 05:58:54 pm »
It's broken! It's broken! FIX IT NOW! :P

Tsk tsk for looking through the data files :D  Oh well!

Offline Indreams

• Salutes: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2015, 06:19:26 pm »
As a number nerd, I am currently drooling...

Offline Steelking

• Salutes: 5
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2015, 07:49:28 pm »
Sorry about that, it's back up it shut down for some reason,had a issue with a graphics driver yesterday and had to restart so may not have brought it back up but i swear i did, either way resolved, Enjoy everyone!

Offline DJ Logicalia

• Salutes: 191
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2015, 08:12:08 pm »
Best chart I've seen in my entire life

Bravo

Offline Steelking

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2015, 10:54:07 pm »
Glad to see everyone is enjoying the Llamatron thus far, please feel free to spread it around to the community. It still has a few things that are being worked on but i hope for it to help people understand the way the game works as well as help the more advanced players tweak their ships to their highest potential, as well as even teach people complimentary guns, it's one thing for someone to tell you hey take this and this because it's good, it's another to see the numbers yourself, well heres the math and the numbers for it, see it yourself. I hope it helps everyone out who needs it. I post this on behalf of myself and Illmatar, if you know Illmatar you know why I do this, for those of you who don't, he is a man of few words especially when it comes to the things he creates and works on. To an amazing Gunner/Engineer as well as a awesome friend, May you be blessed if he is on your crew.my opinion on him may be biased,

On a side note, to Awkm no data files were harmed in the making of this, though on a more serious note, data files were not mined in the course of this project.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 10:56:35 pm by Steelking »

Offline Steelking

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2015, 03:12:59 am »
Llamatron 2.0 is currently down at the moment, working on getting it resolved, updating as soon as it's available again.

Offline Steelking

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2015, 03:20:29 am »
Llamatron 2.0 is available once again, Enjoy

Offline Lydia Litvyak

• Salutes: 40
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2015, 05:41:55 pm »
This is a great tool :) Salute!

edit: that said, are you calculating shots/time to destroy a component with a loop? It's really slow ): you should just divide the component HP by the DPS from each weapon...
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 05:45:48 pm by Lydia Litvyak »

Offline Steelking

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2015, 05:14:34 pm »
As Illmatar isn't a forum poster i'll just pass this along, in response to you Lydia,

I am running a timer based system that goes by millisecond and checks if the gun can shoot if it needs to reload or if repair tool can repair based on its cooldown.

hope that gives you a better understanding of how it works. if you have any further questions or suggestions please feel free to state or ask them and i'll be sure to pass them along.

Offline Lydia Litvyak

• Salutes: 40
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2015, 12:08:40 am »
Maybe I'm misunderstanding you. Why not just calculate time to destroy as

let
 val single_clip_time = health/((damage_per_shot*shots_per_clip)/time_to_empty_clip)-mallet_rps)
in
 if single_clip_time <= time_to_empty_clip
 then single_clip_time
 else health/((damage_per_shot*shots_per_clip)/(time_to_empty_clip+time_to_reload)-mallet_rps)
end
?

I feel like that should be a lot faster, and unless I'm mistaken it should still give you the correct answer, save for a small error from the fact that it's treating the damage as continuous instead of discrete.

(obviously if the time to destroy comes out negative then the answer is that mallet repairs faster than that weapon breaks)

Offline Steelking

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2015, 01:45:41 pm »
Illmatar likes the idea of that as far as dps wise goes but he feels with the repair tool and the addition of multiple guns that the way he currently has it setup is more accurate,

However he is currently working on updating the Llamatron as well as speeding it up tremendously over 10x it's current speed which from testing purposes it seems to be almost instantaneous,

Update notice to follow as soon as he is done.

Offline Steelking

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2015, 04:36:54 pm »
The Llamatron has been updated!
Notes to follow ~

Arming range has been added, you can now see how different ammo's modify the arming time of say, mines and to know when they will actually deploy into a mine.
Hull,Balloon,Armor, and Component dps has been added for each gun, the dps is calculated over 100 clips, so it is the overall average dps, to factor in reload times
Ammo range and projectile speed variations have been added in,
Tweaks made before this update but not mentioned, guns were updated to current stats
Llamatron calculation speed has been increased 10x over
also cosmetic update as well.

Enjoy and please any feedback is appreciated.

Offline Omniraptor

• Salutes: 51
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2015, 09:54:28 pm »
Why 100 clips instead of just one?

dps = total clip damage / (time to unload + time to reload)

Offline Steelking

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2015, 01:58:57 pm »
It was used in the original Llamatron this way and so it was brought over, it makes 99.99% no difference wether if it is 100 or 1 clip, he could go through and change it to 1 clip and you most likely wouldn't notice a difference.