Author Topic: Per Aspera Ad Astra - new clan, now recruiting!  (Read 12640 times)

Offline Dan Lenson

• Salutes: 1
    • [PAAA]
    • View Profile
Per Aspera Ad Astra - new clan, now recruiting!
« on: June 28, 2014, 08:33:56 am »

Per Aspera Ad Astra

Welcome all!

We are Per Aspera Ad Astra (latin for "Through adversity, to the stars"), a newly formed clan in Guns of Icarus Online, currently looking for new players to join our ranks. Experience is no requirement! Even if you're completely new to the game and are looking for a friendly group of players to show you the ropes, then feel free to add me to your friends list and message me once you see me in game.

Our only requirements are that you are friendly, polite and willing to play as part of a team. We may require you to fly with us a few times before we accept your membership.

We also want to get into the competitive scene, so we are looking for any volunteers who want to help us with that. We're particularly looking for anyone who is a dedicated pilot.

If you wish to join, please contact either myself, Valen Swift or Falazure in game via PM.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 08:44:34 am by Dan Lenson »

Offline Queso

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 126
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
Re: Per Aspera Ad Astra - new clan, now recruiting!
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2014, 12:14:33 pm »
Ooooooh Latin. I took that for 3 years. Doesn't make me any good at it :P Good luck with the new clan!

Offline Celti

• Salutes: 12
    • [C¤P]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2014, 01:32:55 pm »
I really like that logo  :)

Offline Dan Lenson

• Salutes: 1
    • [PAAA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2014, 05:11:40 am »
I really like that logo  :)

Thanks Celti - all credit for that goes to our clan member Racholm Lightoller, who did a fantastic job making the logo for our clan. :D

Ooooooh Latin. I took that for 3 years. Doesn't make me any good at it :P Good luck with the new clan!

Haha  thanks for that! :D

Offline Ramago

• Salutes: 0
    • [FT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2015, 09:29:12 am »
I would love to join you guys as a Pilot! I sent Dan Lenson a PM with all the details.

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2015, 10:02:31 am »
Ohh a new clan the block with a roman theme!
SPQR look out! :)

Hope to see you all flourish, if you're looking at getting into the competitive scene then the best advice I can offer is start the clan with organisation from the bench mark, don't just wait or else your members will not be used to the routine of skrim (practice) matches and wont be in the habit of checking your forums/website/steamgroup for updates on events and it'll make it harder in the long run.
Also make sure your pilots practice side by side and communicate well, that is the make and break of a team..

Good luck and see you in the skies!

Offline DJ Logicalia

• Salutes: 191
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2015, 02:07:29 pm »
PAAA has been around a good long while. I remember playing with Dan a few months back, and he was super friendly and a fine pilot and even better captian. Dude's the raddest. Haven't seen PAAA out a whole lot lately, but everyone I've met so far has been super rad
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 02:12:11 pm by DJ Logicalia »

Offline Jub Jub

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 29
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2015, 04:25:59 pm »
They participated in several Sunday Community Skirmishes and did decently if I recall correctly. But that was back when [Grim] still had a competitive team, and [SAC] was doing those sort of events regularly. But I haven't seen very much of them on lately either.