Author Topic: looking for a active clan  (Read 25438 times)

Offline Randon Fox

• Salutes: 1
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
looking for a active clan
« on: February 03, 2015, 09:00:28 pm »
I am looking for a clan to join. The clan need to have scheduled events on a weekly basis and actual participants. Also be using Teamspeak. I will not consider offers from TAW so no point for you guys to waste your time on me.
I prefere to be in following order:
Gunner
Engineer (gunner)
Engineer
Captain

Offline BlackenedPies

• Salutes: 134
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Re: looking for a active clan
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2015, 09:06:57 pm »
Do you have what it takes to be a duck?
Quack quack

Offline Randon Fox

• [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2015, 09:32:24 pm »
Do you have what it takes to be a duck?
Quack quack
im sorry but a Fox dont quack a Fox say

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2015, 05:52:31 am »
Don't turn down an offer from a Duck so lightly, they're one of the active clans who will arrange events. :)
You could also look at the Gents, SPQR and SREP they're all active clans who as I'm aware are recruiting, you could also looks at Cake too.

Offline Skrimskraw

• Salutes: 160
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2015, 06:30:15 am »
if you are interested in competitive I know that the bards or wings of daedalus need players.

Offline Randon Fox

• [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2015, 10:29:56 am »
Don't turn down an offer from a Duck so lightly, they're one of the active clans who will arrange events. :)
You could also look at the Gents, SPQR and SREP they're all active clans who as I'm aware are recruiting, you could also looks at Cake too.
I never intended to turned down their offer, all i said was a fox dont quack as a joke. I guess it wasnt clear from my side that i were just joking. The question i have to them is: do they have what it takes?
Thank you for the recommendations tho but do you know if they run weekly events/ have a TS?

if you are interested in competitive I know that the bards or wings of daedalus need players.
If it means that you wont be treated as  cattle but as a member of a team, i don't mind competitive. My goal is to enjoy the teamwork aspect of the game. the channel in which i achieve that is not so important.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 10:35:40 am by Randon Fox »

Offline Imagine

• Salutes: 59
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch Stream
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2015, 11:20:47 am »
Generally, the best way to find a team is to play and see what members of clans you get along with.

Offline Kamoba

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2015, 11:24:45 am »
Imagine has a good point, the beauty of Guns is the close knit community means it does not take long to get to know people.

Weekly events: Many of the bigger clans run Skrims (they're like training for competitive games or games to test new builds) on a weekly basis.
Ryder, Duck and Gents will do this like clockwork.
Most clans use Team Speak or mumble so try contacting the clan leaders, all the clans on the first two - three pages are relatively active so don't be scared to check that out.

Bards page is here: https://gunsoficarus.com/community/forum/index.php/topic,5030.0.html
They're a friendly bunch and well worth knowing. :)

Offline DJ Logicalia

• Salutes: 191
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2015, 12:04:16 pm »
Hi! I'm the leader of the aforementioned Bards.

We don't really actively recruit people, and very many clans are the same. The best way to find a clan is to just play with people. I joined this clan after playing with the old leader (who's since moved on to other games ((DAMN YOU DOTA 2))) who I found super cool, and he invited me. This is really how most people find their place.

The best way to get into the cool clans is to A) Not be a jerk. No one likes a jerk. B) Don't be prideful. You're just a dude and no one owes you anything. The best clans are just groups of friends who are all on the same level. C) Be willing to learn. I'm coming up on 3k matches, and I'll be the first to admit, I don't know everything. Unless it's someone who obviously doesn't know what they're talking about, pay attention to what people are saying.

If you have a clan in mind and don't want to wait around until you cross paths, add their leadership as friends in-game. Do a little bit of friendly stalking and make some friends \o/

Offline -Anakin-

• Salutes: 47
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2015, 05:20:19 pm »
Hello, I saw SREP mentioned and just wanted to step in to give you a little information as an officer -

We're a fairly new clan but extremely active, especially in the US evenings, though we are international. We don't have an official TS, we use the in game voice chat and party function often instead. We do have a clan steam page where our weekly events are organised including the chaos skirmish which is great fun and had about 30 participants last time! While we're not quite competitive yet, we're working up to it and training hard. Level and aptitude are not important to us, but good communication, friendliness and a willingness to learn absolutely are.

If you're interested in joining our recruitment process or learning more about us seek out myself or some of our members in the sky and introduce yourself!

Best of luck.

Offline Randon Fox

• [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2015, 06:23:13 pm »
Hello, I saw SREP mentioned and just wanted to step in to give you a little information as an officer -

We're a fairly new clan but extremely active, especially in the US evenings, though we are international. We don't have an official TS, we use the in game voice chat and party function often instead. We do have a clan steam page where our weekly events are organised including the chaos skirmish which is great fun and had about 30 participants last time! While we're not quite competitive yet, we're working up to it and training hard. Level and aptitude are not important to us, but good communication, friendliness and a willingness to learn absolutely are.

If you're interested in joining our recruitment process or learning more about us seek out myself or some of our members in the sky and introduce yourself!

Best of luck.
Thank you but I have to decline. As i allready mentioned, if you dont have ts im not interested. Having in-game coms for when you are playing is fine but TS is when you arent playing, when you maybe just wanna hang out, get to know people om the can.

Offline Dutch Vanya

• Salutes: 107
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2015, 06:56:45 pm »

Best of luck.
Thank you but I have to decline. As i allready mentioned, if you dont have ts im not interested. Having in-game coms for when you are playing is fine but TS is when you arent playing, when you maybe just wanna hang out, get to know people om the can.
[SPQR] actively hangs out in teamspeak. [Cake] does the same but with mumble. I'm sure there are more.

Offline Velvet

• Salutes: 45
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2015, 07:26:06 pm »
Weekly events: Many of the bigger clans run Skrims (they're like training for competitive games or games to test new builds) on a weekly basis.
emphasis mine. I laughed.

@OP: having been in a few different clans, with TS and without, I would encourage you not to overvalue TS or similar utilities. They're helpful utilities, particularly for larger clans, but that's it. There are plenty of other ways to communicate and get to know people. Finding a group of people who you get on with is the only important thing and it'd probably be a mistake to confuse that issue with other requirements.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 07:29:44 pm by Velvet »

Offline Jub Jub

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 29
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2015, 10:50:36 pm »
[SPQR] actively hangs out in teamspeak. [Cake] does the same but with mumble. I'm sure there are more.

You should know Clutch Vanya, you hide out in our TS all the time ;P

I really just wanted to make a comment at Dutch, but I suppose it'd be rude to not introduce my clan now that I'm here. I'm the head of [SPQR], Guns of Icarus' generic Roman wanna-be's (every good fantasy/sci-fi universe needs a knock-off Rome). We're an international clan, with members living across the United States and Canada, and as far away as the Middle East, so we're usually pretty active most of the time. In addition to that, [SPQR] currently fields two of Guns of Icarus' major competitive teams, The Praetorians and The Centurions, respectfully, who regularly compete in the weekly Sunday Community Skirmish as well as other Guns of Icarus tourneys and competitions. When we're not in Guns of Icarus, members are usually play any number of other games together, including Killing Floor, Europa Universalis IV, War Thunder, Nosgoth, various MMORPGs, etc. For more information on [SPQR], look at our recruitment thread here on The Docks: https://gunsoficarus.com/community/forum/index.php/topic,3657.0.html

I wish you luck in your quest for a clan, and hope that you continue playing Guns of Icarus with said clan, whomever they may be.
Fair winds to you and smooth sailing, Vale!

Offline Kamoba

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2015, 03:19:07 am »
emphasis mine. I laughed.

Well I don't know if you do such now, but I've heard stories! :)
Plus you run the SCS! That could be considered a weekly gent event ;)

@Fox, I have to agree with what others said, turning down solely on the requirement of Team Speak may lead to you missing out on a great opportunity:)