Author Topic: Merge gunner and engineer  (Read 6824 times)

Offline Caprontos

• Salutes: 17
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
Merge gunner and engineer
« on: February 02, 2015, 10:37:54 pm »
What if they just removed both classes and replaced it with a class called "Crew" or something... and this class can take 4 items from the gunner or engineer slots. 3 max of one type.. (so either 3 tools + 1 ammo.. 2 of each or 1 tool + 3 ammo)..

How would that effect the game you think? Would it have any major negatives? I don't expect them to do it or anything.. just wondering what people think..

Offline DJ Logicalia

• Salutes: 191
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
Re: Merge gunner and engineer
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2015, 10:56:43 pm »
inb4 Geo kicks you out of his clan

Offline Caprontos

• [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2015, 11:23:32 pm »
inb4 Geo kicks you out of his clan

Because he would be forced to share a class with the filthy dirty crettens we call engineers?  That could be viewed as a negative I guess.. haha..

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2015, 06:36:56 pm »
In a way it's the most logical implication of matchmaking divided only between crew and captains. Not sure what to think about it...

Offline Omniraptor

• Salutes: 51
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2015, 07:17:44 pm »
I don't see why you would have a limitation, I would be pumped for taking mallet/spanner/buff/chem all in one go.

Offline Replaceable

• Salutes: 84
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2015, 03:02:39 am »
I don't see why you would have a limitation, I would be pumped for taking mallet/spanner/buff/chem all in one go.

Buff, chem, exiting, heatsink

@caprontos, how would this work with the spy glass?

Offline Caprontos

• [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2015, 10:17:51 am »
You just have one pilot slot like now, and pilot is unchanged.

The limitation is fine though I don't think that needs removed.. it forces more specific playstyles.. IE .. Do I buff or go full repair.. Do I get all three ammo or bring buff/fire prevention etc.. which I think is good to have..

One maybe negative about this would be pretty much every single ship will have a buff tool on it.. because who ever is being gunner will bring that + 2 ammo for pretty much every gun..

Offline Indreams

• Salutes: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2015, 10:47:40 am »
There would be an influx of pilots... because its either crew or pilot. Something tells me people will split 50:50.

I like the idea, but no thanks for pvp. I like a little bit of rigidity and expectation with my crew. I don't want to be surprised because everyone dropped chemspray for an additional ammo.

But on PvE... that's going to be interesting.

Offline Caprontos

• [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2015, 01:58:27 pm »
There would be an influx of pilots... because its either crew or pilot. Something tells me people will split 50:50.

I like the idea, but no thanks for pvp. I like a little bit of rigidity and expectation with my crew. I don't want to be surprised because everyone dropped chemspray for an additional ammo.

But on PvE... that's going to be interesting.

I doubt more people will want to pilot because the only other option is "crew" (which is how it currently is anyway)...

I also doubt people will drop chem spray for second ammo - The person in a gunner spot sure but not your main engineers...

The only "rigidity" change is the 2 of each thing, if you were to remove this  and just not have class distinction (just loadout distinction) it would lead to less people thinking they have to be the gunner to shoot..

The addition of 2 of each lets captains properly fill the third crew slot for many light guns and some heavy.. If 2 ammo is good enough then you also get the buff..  They could add this function to the gunner now ad make it a more flexible class.. but they don't want that. instead we get stamina and ammo changes to try to do it .. :P