Author Topic: Permenant Wrecks?  (Read 17702 times)

Offline LadyAthena

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
Permenant Wrecks?
« on: February 22, 2013, 08:05:33 pm »
I understand if perhaps the server stress couldn't handle it, however, I feel it would add some nice immersion to the game to have a toggle-able option to see wrecks on the ground.

Simply put, some, or all of the pieces of the ships stay on the ground once they hit. This would allow for the battles to seem more larger scale. For those computers who couldn't handle it, there could be an option in the graphics to disable wrecks.

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Re: Permenant Wrecks?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2013, 08:11:58 pm »
I think that this would require a lot of work from the art team. And really, they have priorities to set. I'd much rather that they design new maps instead of cosmetic effects.

Offline LadyAthena

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2013, 08:21:00 pm »
Well, I suppose it would matter how exactly the wrecks are in the game. Are they just cosmetic? or actual pieces which can be triggered to be solid? If its the latter, then the art team has nothing to do with the idea, and would instead go to someone figuring out how to make the pieces solid, and allow them to sit on the ground.

Offline N-Sunderland

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2013, 08:24:54 pm »
That's probably true, but I can't see the devs implementing such a feature anyways. It would just be extra work when they should be focusing on more important aspects of the game.

Offline Lord Dick Tim

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 119
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2013, 11:18:01 pm »
wether its more work or not I personally love the idea.  Maybe someday we can have these battlefields strewn with wrecked ships like a bone yard.
While I'm being fancifull how about little crew men with lights waving thier arms on the ground for rescue.

Offline Ccrack

• Salutes: 25
    • [duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2013, 12:46:30 am »
personally i dont want to see all the maps become junk yards. and since captian phoenix is about you would have to raise the hight limit or we would all be swimming in ship wrecks

Offline Furrymessiah

• Salutes: 3
    • [NAF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2013, 06:00:14 pm »
We had a conversation in Voice Chat with the Des about persistent wreckage during a test match a few days ago. Suffice it to say, they have been made aware of the suggestion. Whether they follow through on it is another question.

Offline Wazulu

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 39
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2013, 10:33:25 am »
personally i dont want to see all the maps become junk yards. and since captian phoenix is about you would have to raise the hight limit or we would all be swimming in ship wrecks

I like the ambiguity here- are you saying we'd shoot you down or the countless number of Mars II's would block out the sun? Even if it was the first one, we are nowhere near that good, although don't quote me on that.

Offline kapi

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2013, 11:41:15 am »
Obviously it is not the most important thing now, but it would be nice to see it in the game someday.  :)

Offline ZiggyPox

• Salutes: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2013, 12:51:05 pm »
There is another option: wholly designed scrapyard-junkyard maps. We allready have some ruins on the map, but imagine a wide silvery-black basalt canyon on the border of two fighting countries where long time ago great battle had place. Mass of metal is laying on its bottom, bronze and steel, cogs and wires, no natural sand or water to be seen, no one remembers what made the oryginal bottom layer.

No country was brave enought to go back and retrieve those lost resources, only nameless nomads or refugees, junk dealers or ex-pirate merchants in their desperation or hope for profit. Their homes and shops and workshops and bays all dotted on the walls of this canyon in natural or atifical caves, made from parts of fallen ships. Some of them hidden deep in safe of rock, some with proud extensions to maintain bussiness.

Oh, and don't forget about nasty changes in the weather, where ever-gloomy battlefield gets covered in fog in less than seconds, giving your enemy or you a chance to run away from deadly range of seded galeon.

Offline AldenIOE

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2013, 05:13:09 pm »
It would be cool to watch the ship fall out of the sky, as the crew holds on for dear life, before the ship does a nose dive into the sand, water, mountain etc.
Or something similar to that.

Offline N-Sunderland

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2013, 05:16:14 pm »
It would be cool to watch the ship fall out of the sky, as the crew holds on for dear life, before the ship does a nose dive into the sand, water, mountain etc.
Or something similar to that.

A cinematic like that would get repetitive after two or three deaths, and it wouldn't really add very much.

Offline Lord Dick Tim

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 119
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2013, 12:09:13 am »
Ziggy, I need you to go to the world sub forum and write that down as a location on the map.  Seriously, loved that description.

Offline ZiggyPox

• Salutes: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2013, 06:32:13 pm »
I wonder, should I drop it into "world" subforum or "gallery"? It is rather fan-made thing rather than lore-placed design. And if I add this http://i.imgur.com/MHEdGo2.png speedpaint, it would fit well in gallery. And I can also refine description too, while on it.

Offline Jazzza

• Salutes: 16
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2013, 06:20:19 am »
It'd be cool to have your ship wreckage stay there after a death but fade away after the next.