Author Topic: Balloons with Health  (Read 22630 times)

Offline Ayetach

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 77
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
Re: Balloons with Health
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2015, 06:19:39 am »
I agree with your ideas puppy fur, having variation in balloon durability would definately be a game changer and would remove the flechette weapons like carronades from being the catch all for engagements.

But i also agree with Geo in scaling the repairability of the balloons respectively.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 06:22:30 am by Ayetach »

Offline Puppy Fur

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 10
    • [OVW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2015, 02:48:37 pm »
I agree with your ideas puppy fur, having variation in balloon durability would definately be a game changer and would remove the flechette weapons like carronades from being the catch all for engagements.

But i also agree with Geo in scaling the repairability of the balloons respectively.

Seems fair. :)

Offline BlackenedPies

• Salutes: 134
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2015, 09:12:55 am »
Here's what I like:

Decrease rebuild speed. Or

Buff drogue chute but keep the effects on thrust. Make hydro + drogue a solid counter to being popped at the expense of maneuverability. The pilot has to give up a tool but gains a defense. This is what I'd most like to see. It would force carronades to close distance fast.

There's still the problem with your balloon breaking immediately after being rebuilt. I was thinking there could be an inflating effect upon rebuild that lasts for 3 or so seconds regardless if it immediately breaks. Or an effect on rebuild that provides an effective boost to lift for about a second.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 09:41:30 am by BlackenedPies »