Author Topic: Seperating class genders?  (Read 6102 times)

Offline MightyKeb

• Salutes: 78
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
Seperating class genders?
« on: February 13, 2015, 11:58:49 am »
I just kind of feel it's odd that your gender settings apply to all classes. I mean, it wouldn't hurt to make it so you can have something like say, female engi and male pilot instead of having them all in one. This allows more cosmetic freedom, for an entirely opinion based example, I feel as if the male Dusthopper suit for male engi looks pretty lackluster, but it's actually okay on female. Meanwhile, my love for my violet dyed Port City and Arachnida Top Hat triumphs over the Horizon I have for female pilot from collector's edition.  At the moment I can sort of accomplish this by changing genders everytime I switch a class as the cosmetics from other genders are saved on them, but it's slightly irritating to do in itself and when you look at someone's profile you can see all three of their characters, which would display them all as male. It'd give more diversity to see all three characters with different genders. Heck, if anyone has an argument against this idea I'd propose making it entirely optional on our settings tab.

Shoot them opinions~

Offline Riggatto

• Salutes: 60
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
Re: Seperating class genders?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2015, 12:48:39 pm »
I think the point is you are supposed to be a single person

Offline Indreams

• Salutes: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2015, 12:54:14 pm »
I posted something like this before.
Character Gender by Class
The idea is, we should have cosmetic load outs.

When I did, I emailed muse about it. It's in their "approved ideas" section. I guess that means they will implement it when they have time.

That was a while ago, wouldn't hurt to poke Muse about it again.

Offline Kestril

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 24
    • [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2015, 01:04:30 pm »
I just kind of feel it's odd that your gender settings apply to all classes. I mean, it wouldn't hurt to make it so you can have something like say, female engi and male pilot instead of having them all in one. This allows more cosmetic freedom, for an entirely opinion based example, I feel as if the male Dusthopper suit for male engi looks pretty lackluster, but it's actually okay on female. Meanwhile, my love for my violet dyed Port City and Arachnida Top Hat triumphs over the Horizon I have for female pilot from collector's edition.  At the moment I can sort of accomplish this by changing genders everytime I switch a class as the cosmetics from other genders are saved on them, but it's slightly irritating to do in itself and when you look at someone's profile you can see all three of their characters, which would display them all as male. It'd give more diversity to see all three characters with different genders. Heck, if anyone has an argument against this idea I'd propose making it entirely optional on our settings tab.

Shoot them opinions~

Yes! I agree. More options is more better. I've always wanted to make some of my other avatars female to liven it up.

+1

Offline MightyKeb

• Salutes: 78
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2015, 03:23:58 pm »
I honestly dont think it should take more than ten or twenty minutes to implement this.

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2015, 04:47:09 pm »
Sometimes you feel like a...sometimes you don't.

Agreed that genders should not be all classes but changeable for each.

Offline Bronzium

• Salutes: 11
    • [HMCS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2015, 04:50:47 pm »
Here here!