Author Topic: Forum Suggestion: Roleplay Classifieds  (Read 4114 times)

Offline Alexor Huxley

• Salutes: 9
    • [ATR]
    • View Profile
Forum Suggestion: Roleplay Classifieds
« on: January 26, 2015, 03:38:43 pm »
Hello!

So, I was thinking about this thread among others. It seems that the roleplay community has indeed hit a bit of a dry spell, and I think I know why. Speaking for myself, I'd be hesitant to begin an open roleplay thread with little idea of who would be involved, whether they'd stick it out, whether their ideas differ vastly, et cetera. With the exception of some kind of open letter inviting people to some mysterious meeting, I think a lot of stories are fairly specific and directed.

That's why I think there should be a subforum of the Cantina for roleplay classifieds; that is, a subforum in which people can advertise/give information on a roleplay story they'd like to carry out and give details about it. Right now (although some have deviated), the Cantina is for the stories and there isn't really a place for people to say "Hey, I wanna explore a story for three people about a blind sky pirate, a paralyzed philosopher, and a golem with an identity crisis. Who's in?" Because there isn't anyplace for people to find roleplay partners, there isn't any easy way to get one off the ground, and the community experiences a dearth of roleplay content.

I think the roleplay community for any game like GoI is imperative for the development of the game. While that may sound kind of conceited, having an entire group of people generating content, lore, and ideas is an infinitely more valuable resource than Jess trying to piece together an entire world by herself (with help from the rest of Muse, obviously, but isn't she the lore girl?). By that, I mean that even if 99% of our content is unimportant/contrary to the final lore, maybe it could help Jess and the world devs by giving them ideas of what they want or don't want. Monkeys, typewriters, Bible, etc.

I don't know about ya'll, but I hate the OOC/irrelevant threads in the Cantina. This could solve the annoying OOC posts and I really do think it would bolster roleplay output significantly.

-Alexor
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 03:40:59 pm by Alexor Huxley »

Offline Jester Schulz

• Salutes: 4
    • [BLFI]
    • View Profile
Re: Forum Suggestion: Roleplay Classifieds
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2015, 04:14:42 pm »
I second this idea as this would make things a lot simpler. Also this would help control what goes into the cantina. People who want roleplay can go to the subcategories and those who want short stories and chapter stories can go their own way. I know that i personally want to do some roleplaying with people but because of the dry season i was confined to just focusing on my story. I'm definitely in favor of this as this could help with traffic flow. I might ever suggest an OOC section as well. Maybe make things so that there is a RP section, a story/poem section, and a OOC section. Specific sections for specific things. This way people looking for specific things can go to that specific section.

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
Re: Forum Suggestion: Roleplay Classifieds
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2015, 08:10:00 pm »
This idea has my vote.

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile