Author Topic: Gunner over Engineer  (Read 3714 times)

Offline Indreams

• Salutes: 105
    • View Profile
Gunner over Engineer
« on: January 25, 2015, 09:47:12 pm »
An idea that came from a game I've played today.

Shouldn't gunner supersede an engineer on a gun? So, when engineer is on a gun, the gunner can take his place immediately, the same way you supersede an AI.

Offline Caprontos

• Salutes: 17
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
Re: Gunner over Engineer
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2015, 10:34:58 pm »
I thought about this idea and about suggesting it.. a lot of times but I always come back to.. Its not a necessary change and doesn't remove any issues anymore then it adds it..

The clear benefit is on a ship like the goldfish the gunner can take the front gun form an engi who isn't suppose to be using it.. But then so can a new gunner take the engineers gun when he shouldn't be doing that... which is the same issue just reversed a bit..

Most of the time people will do what they are suppose to do and there is no need for the gunner to be able to take guns off engineers..

Basically I think crew shouldn't supersede crew.. My mallet doesn't magically hit over a gunners pipe wrench just because he isn't an engineer.. and engineers are on guns as much as gunners.. Most ships have at lest one engineer shooting a lot of the time.. several ships have all crew  able to be shooting..

So its not really the same as captain vs crew imo.. An so I don't think we need this change.

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
Re: Gunner over Engineer
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2015, 05:44:49 am »
always comes down to making the game idiot proof...