Author Topic: Lack of Artemis  (Read 12057 times)

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
Lack of Artemis
« on: January 23, 2015, 11:16:17 pm »
I never see Artemii while flying around in pubs anymore.  I see flares more than Arts.

Am I the only one noticing this?

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
Re: Lack of Artemis
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2015, 02:20:26 am »
I'm using Gatling double Artemis more often and seeing it much more around mid-high level matches, it makes a great counter to metamidion with a good gunner, around pub matches im seeing more suicidal spires, galleons and gat flaks pyras

Offline Replaceable

• Salutes: 84
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2015, 10:52:28 am »
Pubs don't favour long range shooty guns.

Any Vet will take one see: lumber spire, meta junker or most mobulas.

Eh, don't trust pubs to do anything these days

Offline nanoduckling

• Salutes: 116
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2015, 03:28:14 pm »
I don't see it on many ships crewed by inexperienced folks. Course my perception is likely warped, I see loads of novice ships with flak / mortar or banshee / mortar recently for some reason. We are in dire need of a tutorial that explains damage types and the defaults really, really, really need to be fixed.

Offline ShadedExalt

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2015, 06:44:13 pm »
Without getting the thread of track, there ARE floating tooltips that explain what does what.

Offline Sandy Hawkins

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 30
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2015, 02:44:05 am »
I often fly with an Artemis for my gunner, it's really quite an excellent piece of armament,

Offline ShadedExalt

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2015, 10:21:35 am »
It disables well, it has some kill power, it's really easy to aim, has great arcs...

Why don't pubs use it?

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2015, 10:39:50 am »
It disables well, it has some kill power, it's really easy to aim, has great arcs...

Why don't pubs use it?

Mostly because the easy shots will be lost when the ship turns, this makes new players think its hard to shoot or not effective.
Newer players also tend to not realise they're shooting a weapon with the intent of stopping the enemy damaging, only thinking of kill or flames... To add to this they often do not target weapons or engines only targeting the hull of the ship, assuming this is a pub match without vets teaching anything..

Offline Piemanlives

• Salutes: 155
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2015, 04:07:02 pm »
To add to this, many inexperienced players aim for the quickest/easiest kill, this in turn makes them forgo most strategy in favor for pure destruction. While the art is a fantastic weapon, using it as a kill weapon isn't as effective as using a weapon such as the mortar or flak, not only that but some people see having a low maximum elevation too much a trade off to use effectively, couple that with the slower turn speed which makes it a bit of a liability in knife fight type engagements which pubs tend to be.

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2015, 07:56:18 pm »
I think the Artemis has been toned back making it less viable for long range killing. You probably saw more of them when they were a bit more powerful. Also match making has forced un-claned vets to fly more basic builds because we are getting stuck with players who can't shoot very well.

Offline Byron Cavendish

• Salutes: 89
    • [TB]
    • View Profile
    • The Brotherhood
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2015, 05:58:19 am »
Ever since the heavy handed nerf the artemis has become a water pistol.

Offline Dementio

• Salutes: 135
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2015, 09:14:17 am »
- Artemis— Muzzle Speed reduced to 575m/s from 700m/s (Shell Life adjusted to maintain ~1330m range), Project Expansion (where the bullet hitbox expands as it travels) Reduced by 30%, AoE Burst Size Reduced to 2.5m from 3.5m, Yaw Speed decreased to 25 degrees/s from 30 d/s

It ended up requiring more skill to shoot, depending on how far away the target is. Neither damage nor range got reduced. I wouldn't really call it a water pistol.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 09:16:20 am by Dementio »

Offline ShadedExalt

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2015, 11:12:56 am »
I still don't find it that difficult to shoot... I mean. I don't hit EVERY shot like some, but I can reliably hit with it at most ranges.
And even then, Lesmok.

Offline Gambrill

• Salutes: 26
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2015, 03:16:44 am »
When I used to play, I used a spire with a Mercury Cannon on the front, Double Artemis on the sides and a Typhon Flak Cannon. It was great at disabling and killing :)

And not to mention a full side Artemis junker with the front equipped with Artemis too can deal some serious pain. :)

Offline Imagine

• Salutes: 59
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch Stream
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2015, 11:16:36 am »
Not being used in pubs doesn't mean it's not good. I think Gatling is the only gun I see more used than the Artemis in higher level play.