Author Topic: Need info for Spreadsheet: Weapon + Engine Health  (Read 16333 times)

Offline VooDooZ

• Salutes: 2
    • [FIRE]
    • View Profile
Need info for Spreadsheet: Weapon + Engine Health
« on: January 23, 2015, 01:11:45 am »
quick question: How much HP do light, heavy weapons and Engines have? i can't find it for the life of me on the wiki. Also, how much damage does fire do per second? And what are the debuffs to a weapon on fire?

The reason why is that i'm bored and wanted to practice spreadsheet so i'm making a spreadsheet to end all spreadsheets. its going to give a ton of information in as simple a format as i can make it. It will include some of the following:
-Clips to destroy armor/hull/balloon/modules with various ammunition types
-Time to destroy armor/hull/balloon/modules with various ammunition types
-#of shots to destroy a particular component assuming only splash damage hits
-Clips to destory xxx assuming perfect engineer repair cycles
-Time to destroy xxx assuming perfect engineer repair cycles

Edit: I would like to add fire/burning damage with percentages... but with so many variables i'm not sure it would be clear information.

any other categories you would like to see would be welcome! thats about all i could think of that would be useful. If anyone else has made this spreadsheet then.... oh well i'll still make this one anyway because its practice.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 01:31:49 am by VooDooZ »

Offline Wundsalz

• Salutes: 72
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
Re: Need info for Spreadsheet: Weapon + Engine Health
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2015, 01:52:39 am »
A bit dated, but I think this is still the best source around which is publicly available:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nren7iup46pn38f/Hq1BTC1AAs
among a lot of other gun related stats it also contains information about component health.
If you want to use it as a datasource for your project, which would make an excellent extension to the existing spreadsheet, you probably want to bring it up to date first or nag the ducks (who have created and maintained the spreadsheet) to update it for you. Either way, little stat adjustments have been made from patch 1.3.7 to 1.3.9 so this step shouldn't require too much effort.
If you want to contact the ducks about this: Erheller has been responsible for the document in the past. However he doesn't seem to be active in GoIOs community anymore.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 01:54:39 am by Wundsalz »

Offline VooDooZ

• [FIRE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2015, 02:04:25 am »
This is actually exactly what i have been looking for, thanks for the link! i can double check the info and use just about all of the data provided its accurate.

Offline DJ Logicalia

• Salutes: 191
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2015, 02:04:31 am »
The above post is fantastic,  and I have nothing to add.

Just for future reference, the wiki is severely outdated

Offline Ightrril

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 28
    • [C¤P]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2015, 07:52:27 am »
Recently I've been working on an updated sheet. Assuming the damage matrix on the main site and the stats about ship and component health are accurate there this should be correct.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1M3hUhY_Zzs_maJkgky1VnDh3b3FFI3h6PzLA0Eu4Cdc/edit#gid=0

Offline Wundsalz

• [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2015, 08:35:47 am »
Awesome work, Ightrril! the calculation sheet is amazing in particular.

can you elaborate on what "Including Repairs (Very much WIP)" means? Currently selecting tools doesn't do anything.

also I'd really like to see this:

May I link your document in my gunnery guide , Ightrril?

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2015, 08:47:37 am »

can you elaborate on what "Including Repairs (Very much WIP)" means? Currently selecting tools doesn't do anything.

Later I'll take Silverst or Ightrll into practice mode and get a count on splash damage till componants destroyed I'll let you know when we do it if you want to join Wundalz. Voodoo you can join too (my steam name is TT Kamoba)

Offline Wundsalz

• [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2015, 08:55:37 am »
Later I'll take Silverst or Ightrll into practice mode and get a count on splash damage till componants destroyed I'll let you know when we do it if you want to join Wundalz. Voodoo you can join too (my steam name is TT Kamoba)

Thanks, but I'll pass. Actually, can't you just calculate it?
Interesting fact regarding AoE damage: 100%secondary damage is dealt in a radius of .5*AoE-radius. from .5*AoE-radius to AoE-radius the secondary damage dealt to the components within the area decays lineary to 20%secondary damage. Source: https://gunsoficarus.com/community/forum/index.php/topic,3461.msg61153.html#msg61153

Also your damage calculation in  the "Calculation page"-sheet is flawed. Ammo damage modifiers and the buff modifier are added, not multiplied. Source: https://gunsoficarus.com/community/forum/index.php/topic,4389.0.html

Another note regarding the document: currently anyone with that links seems to be able to edit it. You probably want to change that.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 08:57:47 am by Wundsalz »

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2015, 09:17:12 am »
Thanks for the tips on calculation, still will do the practical test because why not :)

Offline ZnC

• Salutes: 40
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2015, 09:21:02 am »
quick question: How much HP do light, heavy weapons and Engines have? i can't find it for the life of me on the wiki. Also, how much damage does fire do per second? And what are the debuffs to a weapon on fire?

Thumbs up for studying and understanding game mechanics! I've spent a lot of time doing this as a gunner since I've started playing and have a folder of GOIO spreadsheets. One information that has never been clear are the exact AoE radius of all weapons.

Also, to answer your fire question, not many people know this but I'll just share it:
First fire stack does 10 damage per second. Additional fire stack adds 2 damage per second. All fire stacks are affected by damage multipliers.

Best of luck on your spreadsheets!
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 09:39:36 am by ZanC »

Offline Ightrril

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 28
    • [C¤P]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2015, 09:47:50 am »

Thanks for catching that error and the sheet being edit-able, was letting people test the final page a while ago and I seem to have forgotten to change it back.

The including repairs section might be scrapped, it was supposed to take into account basic repairs with whichever tool and give a rough estimate for how long it would take to destroy whatever component. Still thinking about different ways to do it and I have a couple of ideas, just a matter of getting round to it.

I'll look into adding the splash damage part, might take a while before I get it done though.

You're more than welcome to link it in your guide (which is where I first came across the other sheet, thought it was about time to make an updated one though).
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 09:54:53 am by Ightrril »

Offline VooDooZ

• [FIRE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2015, 01:56:42 am »
I took Erheller's spreadsheet, put it in google docs and updated it. Then i started work on later pages (first tab carronade) its not formatted very well right now, that will come later.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1n9zanQtVShdXeqySXrq5DhtCbKLDoT3DC0wp3Aa7Hwc/edit?usp=sharing

Offline VooDooZ

• [FIRE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2015, 04:30:12 am »

Also, to answer your fire question, not many people know this but I'll just share it:
First fire stack does 10 damage per second. Additional fire stack adds 2 damage per second. All fire stacks are affected by damage multipliers.

Best of luck on your spreadsheets!

Also thanks for the tip! thats also just what i'm looking for. Heres the next question then, for the flamer- does the percentage chance to ignite get applied twice, once for the initial hit and once for the "splash" or is it only once? Also, for the carronade running incendiary rounds, i'm assuming that each pull of the trigger gives a chance for ignition and not every individual bullet of the carronade correct?

Offline Wundsalz

• [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2015, 05:16:07 am »
Every individual projectile of a carronade shot has got a separate chance to ignite the component it hits.

Flamethrowers follow an entirely different mechanic than all other weapons as they're currently the only implemented particle weapon.
Personally I think of flamer shots as cylinder with the radius of the AoE radius reaching from the flamers muzzle to the maximum length into the direction the flamer is pointed to. Everything this cylinder touches has got a chance to ignite.

On  a side note: can this thread be moved to the Q&A section?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 05:18:46 am by Wundsalz »

Offline ZnC

• Salutes: 40
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2015, 05:20:18 am »
Also thanks for the tip! thats also just what i'm looking for. Heres the next question then, for the flamer- does the percentage chance to ignite get applied twice, once for the initial hit and once for the "splash" or is it only once? Also, for the carronade running incendiary rounds, i'm assuming that each pull of the trigger gives a chance for ignition and not every individual bullet of the carronade correct?

Flamer is unique in that it only applies the chance (27.4%) once, since it doesn't have a secondary type. However, burst rounds still increases the AoE of the flames. If you do your calculations correctly, you will find that incendiary isn't the most optimal for the flamer. Incendiary rounds still applies to both the direct and secondary damage type of other weapons. This is where you have reached my favourite weapon in the game (HELLHOUND HEAVY TWIN CARRONADE); incendiary rounds applies to every single buckshot of the carronades.  8)

There goes all my secrets...

or is it?......  ;D

Edit: Aw Wundsalz beat me to it
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 05:26:27 am by ZanC »