Author Topic: "The Cogs" Week 3 - Brackets  (Read 12374 times)

Offline Swallox

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 30
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
"The Cogs" Week 3 - Brackets
« on: April 03, 2013, 12:12:45 pm »
Bugger me, it's Week 3 already? Well crap.

First up, we've shaken up the format again. From this week the match order will be reversed. This means that the newcomers will get their chance to shine first while the main event'll be last on the list. Why are we doing this? Well... Let's just say that in addition to the requests on the forums for the switch, there's a plan in the works that requires the order to shift.

I'd also like to thank those of you that recently signed up to participate in The Cogs. With such a large response we may have to shake up the schedules pretty soon to allow all the new teams to have a shot at breaking into the rotation.

That, however, is a topic for later. Let's get into the brackets for Week 3. (Click to enlarge)

Match 1 features old favourites Museosaurs attempting to regain their standing and finally achieve their first true victory within The Cogs. With a reformed roster and a renewed emphasis on personal and team tactics from their bitter defeat during PAX, they're not gonna be easy to take down... But if any of the newcomer teams have a shot, their opponents certainly do. Formed from the Russian heart of GoIO, the newcomer Polaris Company are certainly a favourite for this match in our eyes. With a powerhouse roster and a promising level of organisation, will the Russians manage to pull together the sheer brute force needed to swat the burgeoning hope of the Muse team. Or will the Muse team finally utilise their vast wealth of experience and game-knowledge to prove themselves worthy of their own creation? We'll be heading down to Battle on the Dunes to watch all of the action from the safety of the spectator cam. One way or another, it's gonna be brutal!

Match 2 sees the recently dropped Merry Northern Storm rotating through the Challenger's Cog to face the ordeal that is the Upcomer's Advancement match. With the loss on the Dunes still staining their good name, the Storm aren't going to be willing to drop another match without a serious fight... And if anyone can give it to them, Corvus Marauders certainly can. Left stranded at the alter last week by their ex-sister team during a Newcomer match that everyone was looking forward to, Corvus are not likely to be willing to play around this week. Itching for a fight and more than capable of putting one up, they'll be looking to reclaim their position within the Challenger's Cog. With both teams set for an intense match, where else could we possibly host such a bloodbath but the magnificent Canyon Ambush. With rocks already bleached blood red by the unforgiving sun, it is a desolate battlefield... And one that both teams will be looking forward to fighting within.

Match 3 promises to be a true masterclass in sniping as we see the battle of battles. Sitting proud as the first Cogs team to successfully defend their position at the very top, The Paddling are clearly the current top dogs... But will they be able to hold out? Will they be able to maintain their cool as the battle once again turns frigid? That's right, we're going all the way back to the Northern Fjords, where the icy rocks await the splintered hulls of those brave, stupid captains that dare to tease the desolate landscape by flying there. This land has been claimed, and claimed well... For the true kings of the Fjords are none other than The Gentlemen, esteemed men of class and character. Masters of the flak and bearers of some of the most illustrious gunners in the community! This is a match that has been played out so many times before. The Gents managed to take down the Ducks not once but twice on their path to claiming the Fjords, and now they meet for a third time. The Gents, Masters of the Fjords; The Ducks, Champions of The Cogs. Only one team can win and to the winner go the ultimate spoils! After this match, only one team will be able to claim true dominance. Only one team will rule the Fjords as the Champion of the Cogs!*

Don't forget: Tune into all of the Week 3 action broadcast live on the Occasionally Effective twitch.tv livestream commentated and captured for all the world to see, followed up by our live community chat involving all of your favourite players and maybe even a few devs, if they're not too busy. It's not that bad. Honest.

Until Saturday, that is all. Good luck and stay safe.

-Swallow

*At least until next week.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 12:53:35 pm by Swallow »

Offline AquaMac

• Salutes: 7
    • View Profile
    • Winter Moon Entertaiment
Re: "The Cogs" Week 3 - Brackets
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2013, 12:35:48 pm »
Swallow are you changing the matches around to have the championship cog last?

Offline Swallox

• Community Ambassador
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2013, 12:39:34 pm »
Swallow are you changing the matches around to have the championship cog last?

[scsm] Nope, not at all. In fact, we plan to host the championship match in the middle, with the Upcomer's Advancement match held last. We feel that's the most important match. [/scsm]

In all seriousness... Yes. Just yes.

Offline AquaMac

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2013, 12:46:07 pm »
LOL. I asked that because you have the graphics different than what you said in the description. You have Paddling and Gentlemen as match 1.

Sunderland is on vacation, so I am taking his place. :P

Offline Swallox

• Community Ambassador
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2013, 12:48:48 pm »
Oh for f-

Alright, I'll fix it. Hold steady.

Offline Shinkurex

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 102
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2013, 12:52:15 pm »
Oh for f-

Just can't win can you Swallow :P well as you said, this is just week three....

Offline Swallox

• Community Ambassador
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2013, 12:54:33 pm »
Oh for f-

Just can't win can you Swallow :P well as you said, this is just week three....

Eventually I'll just give up and make Qwerty do it for a week.

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2013, 12:55:22 pm »
That wont do. He'll just link his stream and tell people to watch else they dont get the info.

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2013, 02:49:52 pm »
LOL. I asked that because you have the graphics different than what you said in the description. You have Paddling and Gentlemen as match 1.

Can somebody tell me what mistake prompted this message?

Offline Skrimskraw

• Salutes: 160
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2013, 02:53:24 pm »
looks like we are trapped on the canyon lol

Offline AquaMac

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2013, 06:55:59 pm »
looks like we are trapped on the canyon lol

Because you were not here to correct him. :P

Offline AquaMac

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2013, 06:14:48 pm »

It was because he just flip the matches around in description, but had it backwards on the graphics.

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2013, 06:53:34 pm »

It was because he just flip the matches around in description, but had it backwards on the graphics.

I was wondering more about the "Sunderland is on vacation, so I am taking his place. :P"