Author Topic: Dealing with a good gunner on Artemis/Merc/Phobos  (Read 14892 times)

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
Re: Dealing with a good gunner on Artemis/Merc/Phobos
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2015, 11:50:55 pm »
Anti-Art is do it better,
Anti-art is height.  Artemis doesn't shoot up really, so be higher than them and also try to keep it that way with flachette weapons.

Why not both?  No, in all seriousness, why not?

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2015, 11:51:18 am »
Anti Art is relative height. Approach low and balloon block then rise up when they descend on you. The closer you are the greater change in angle for change in height. To play the height/gun angle game effectively you need to be inside gat range at least. Any further and you have to rely on the enemy pilot being stupid or blind to get out of gun arcs vertically. Fortunately at longer ranges the shot travel is so long that slight up and down movements can spoil a shot especially against a thin hulled Junker.

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2015, 11:59:04 am »
Gatling/Hades Artemis Banshee is my favourite pyramidion build, my worst enemy is height, mobula being relatively effective against us if they have a two 'Hit and hope' engineer's using burst. If I take my Artemis build with a pub crew and the gunner is unable to disable a carronade it'll be a rough match.

But the build is so.effective with a good gunner against so many other things which makes it very worthwhile build. :)

Offline Lovely LadyBell

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 4
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2015, 09:21:58 am »
Ships that are built to snipe can usually be countered by a good lumberjack ship. Though a well used blender fish set up on the goldfish is also quite effective if done right.

Offline Indreams

• Salutes: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2015, 10:06:42 am »
If you are repairing against a really good sniper, prep a gun rebuild the way you prep a buff.

Once in arc and in range (and in-dreams), wait for that sniper gunner to shoot, rebuild tap, man the gun, and take 'em out.