Author Topic: Incendiary Rounds  (Read 56736 times)

Offline Indreams

• Salutes: 105
    • View Profile
Re: Incendiary Rounds
« Reply #60 on: February 17, 2015, 11:33:35 am »
Hmm...

I played a match some time ago with Sgt. Toast or something else.

He screamed "Oh Yeah! 8 STACKS OF FIRE!!" While manning Heavy Flak with Incendiary.

We weren't getting flamed, so I think he meant he put 8 Stacks on the enemy.

I know you can see how badly burnt enemy component is, but can you tell how many stacks?

Offline BlackenedPies

• Salutes: 134
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 17, 2015, 03:31:24 pm »
I've seen what I can only describe as incendiary banshee causing 4 fire stacks in one hit. So it's possible that incendiary adds a second chance to deal the fire stacks of the weapon. Judging from the description it sounds like it just increases the gun's fire chance.

If you look closely you can tell relatively how much fire an enemy component has- or atleast you can with a flamed out gun.

Offline Omniraptor

• Salutes: 51
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 17, 2015, 05:37:32 pm »
yeah, with a flamed gun it's very clear because the entire thing starts glowing bright red.

Offline ZnC

• Salutes: 40
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 17, 2015, 06:27:32 pm »
The discussion has reached something very interesting that I have overlooked. We know incendiary gives 20% to both direct and AoE damage, but does this chance stack with itself to potentially give 2 fire stacks?

If this is true, in theory it would be
  • 0 Stack: 64%
  • 1 Stack: 32%
  • 2 Stacks: 4%
After a good 30 minutes of testing, I've found that this IS true and incendiary has individual 20% chances which stacks.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 06:52:27 pm by ZanC »

Offline ZnC

• Salutes: 40
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 17, 2015, 07:31:47 pm »
The discussion has reached something very interesting that I have overlooked. We know incendiary gives 20% to both direct and AoE damage, but does this chance stack with itself to potentially give 2 fire stacks?

If this is true, in theory it would be
  • 0 Stack: 64%
  • 1 Stack: 32%
  • 2 Stacks: 4%
After a good 30 minutes of testing, I've found that this IS true and incendiary has individual 20% chances which stacks.

This confused me as a diminishing stack like that would be (32+4)% = 36% fire chance. However, after many rounds of testing, it is still 40%. And within this 40%, there is a small chance you get 2 fires instead of 1. Not sure if this is intended, but it does make incendiary slightly stronger.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 07:34:01 pm by ZanC »

Offline Extirminator

• Salutes: 56
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 18, 2015, 06:23:36 am »
This confused me as a diminishing stack like that would be (32+4)% = 36% fire chance. However, after many rounds of testing, it is still 40%. And within this 40%, there is a small chance you get 2 fires instead of 1. Not sure if this is intended, but it does make incendiary slightly stronger.

It isn't a 36% chance but it's 40%. Since the 40% is referred to setting one stack of fire. 4% to set two stacks translates into 8% chance to setting 1 stack on fire which would add up to 40% in addition to the 32% to set 1 stack of fire. This is intended, since this is how probability works. You have one chance of 20% for setting stuff on fire for direct and 20% for setting stuff on fire for aoe, as depicted below(handdrawing it was easier)-

Offline Koali

• [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 18, 2015, 06:25:44 pm »

It isn't a 36% chance but it's 40%. Since the 40% is referred to setting one stack of fire. 4% to set two stacks translates into 8% chance to setting 1 stack on fire which would add up to 40% in addition to the 32% to set 1 stack of fire. This is intended, since this is how probability works. You have one chance of 20% for setting stuff on fire for direct and 20% for setting stuff on fire for aoe, as depicted below(handdrawing it was easier)-

Gentlemen, you have given me faith in my math classes.

Offline Indreams

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 20, 2015, 10:04:26 am »
Actually, isn't possible for the secondary AoE damage (say, from heavy flak) to hit a large component (Balloon or Hull), more than once?
Or is that not a thing?

Offline Extirminator

• [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 20, 2015, 01:34:16 pm »
Actually, isn't possible for the secondary AoE damage (say, from heavy flak) to hit a large component (Balloon or Hull), more than once?
Or is that not a thing?

Nope, that isn't possible.

Offline Gambrill

• Salutes: 26
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 23, 2015, 04:15:50 am »
I love using incend as my first or second salvo on a gatling gun. With its peircing / shatter combo recuding most components to low HP a few fire stacks to help knock them down is nice,  as an engie can't both extinguish and repair at the same time.

Offline Koali

• [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 24, 2015, 12:28:49 pm »
I love using incend as my first or second salvo on a gatling gun. With its peircing / shatter combo recuding most components to low HP a few fire stacks to help knock them down is nice,  as an engie can't both extinguish and repair at the same time.

But you're a Cake, we all know you'd put Incendiary on a fire extinguisher if you could.

Offline David Dire

• Salutes: 62
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 24, 2015, 12:39:45 pm »

But you're a Cake, we all know you'd put Incendiary on a fire extinguisher if you could.

So a pistol but a Flamethrower for a Spy Firefighter?

Good idea...

Offline Koali

• [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 26, 2015, 09:18:42 am »

So a pistol but a Flamethrower for a Spy Firefighter?

Good idea...

NO

YOU GUYS ARE TERRIFYING ENOUGH AS IT IS

Offline Indreams

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 03, 2015, 01:01:07 pm »
How is the Incendiary round on the Minotaur?

I think Minotaur does the "Buckshot" that carronades do, at a much greater range. Is Incendiary any good on the Minotaur? I haven't been able to figure it out yet.

Offline BlackenedPies

• Salutes: 134
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 03, 2015, 01:11:36 pm »
Well it further reduces the arm range which is a plus. The fire rate reduction isn't much of a big deal, but it reduces the clip size down to 3. As for the fire chance, it's minimal. 5 projectiles at 20% chance each has a probability of 3 fires per clip.