Author Topic: Tame The Trolls  (Read 26007 times)

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
Re: Tame The Trolls
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2015, 11:56:06 am »
I don't think gois community is at a state where trolling is a serious problem. I'm against stuff like a tribunal thingy or any punishment system along the line. Mostly because I expect too many people not to be able to distinguish between trolls and people who have got communication problems (deactivated voice chat/ language etc) or just suck at the game etc. Personally I think the ratio of matches where I'm sure I've got someone on my ship who intentionally wants to ruin my match to normal matches is smaller than 1:250.

However I'd appreciate some more noticeable positive reinforcement. The commendation system we've currently got isn't exactly cutting edge.

Thing is with commendations. I'm only giving noobs commendations because I'm grinding the final few steps of the teaching line of achieves. And people tend to give commendations when you yourself give them.

Commendations are just a throw away thing that pretty much means nothing to me besides that extra notch on achievements. The only real rewards I give to talented people are a clan invite or in the case of a vet. A friend add to play with another time.

Offline Dementio

• Salutes: 135
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2015, 01:21:10 pm »
However I'd appreciate some more noticeable positive reinforcement. The commendation system we've currently got isn't exactly cutting edge.

It doesn't even show you how many commendations you got/gave, but it makes sure you can only commendate once. I don't even understand it's logic.

Offline Alexor Huxley

• Salutes: 9
    • [ATR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2015, 07:08:47 pm »
Simple solution:

Avoid player function. Matchmaking never makes you play with them again, unless there's only one game on the server. In which case, you can stuff it because clearly you still want to play the game if you click the big "play" button.

Boom.

No tribunals that give unnecessary workloads to our ambassadors that actually have lives, no subjective grading scale that lets a boat full of clanmates screw you over. Avoid player. Done.

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2015, 07:57:35 pm »
Simple solution:

Avoid player function. Matchmaking never makes you play with them again, unless there's only one game on the server. In which case, you can stuff it because clearly you still want to play the game if you click the big "play" button.

Boom.

No tribunals that give unnecessary workloads to our ambassadors that actually have lives, no subjective grading scale that lets a boat full of clanmates screw you over. Avoid player. Done.

Iunno... Like I hate Gnosch and LeonXCross because he can be kind of a douche, but as vets we got the maturity (well I do) to play properly with him and he does too (when he has no choice). If that avoid player function existed by the time that enmity existed strongly, I never would have gotten those victories with him (totally thanks to me).

Offline Replaceable

• Salutes: 84
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2015, 08:02:34 pm »
Hey, specifically naming players you 'hate' is not cool.
Don't.

Offline Alexor Huxley

• Salutes: 9
    • [ATR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2015, 08:11:42 pm »
Iunno... Like I hate Gnosch and LeonXCross because he can be kind of a douche, but as vets we got the maturity (well I do) to play properly with him and he does too (when he has no choice). If that avoid player function existed by the time that enmity existed strongly, I never would have gotten those victories with him (totally thanks to me).

Point one: I agree with Replaceable. It's a game.

Point two: Well, since those victories were totally thanks to you, you'd have won them with somebody who didn't irk you so much. Which only seems like a positive thing. So I'm confused.

Offline DJ Logicalia

• Salutes: 191
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2015, 09:13:24 pm »
Yeah, speaking officially as a CA, I'd ask everyone not to directly attack or call out other players

As for the "avoid player function", I don't really see any difference between that and the block button aside from decreasing the pool of lobbies that match maker can put you in. If a player is blocked, you won't be able to hear them, plus they're highlighted in gray so you can identify them and move off their ship if you want. Plus, some of the more grumpy players like... oh right... have pages and pages of blocked players, so quite possibly every lobby would be blocked.

Plus, in my experience any way, serious trolls don't really play all that much before they hang up their game

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2015, 10:28:45 pm »
Hey, specifically naming players you 'hate' is not cool.
Don't.

Oh its fine, the feeling is mutual. It's like I'd punch ya in the face but I think you're all right kinda hate.

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2015, 05:39:08 am »
Plus, some of the more grumpy players like... oh right... have pages and pages of blocked players, so quite possibly every lobby would be blocked.

I'm not grumpy, I just don't want to listen to people screaming obscenities, acting like a toddler and just general screaming, or my personal favorite, the low level kid who thinks he is all that is man but flies a mobula with some horrific build and gets killed every few seconds that he spawns, then berates his allies and crew for his own deficiencies.

Oh then theres the ones who will get verbally abusive when you try to inform them that dual light flak or some freakish builds don't work.

People I know who refuse to block list and try to think that there is a decent human being in some of those nuts...those are the ones who get grumpy. Why so angry? Just block list and be done with it. Silence is bliss. Sooner people master that, the better this game becomes!

Offline Lieutenant Noir

• Salutes: 17
    • [❤™]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2015, 06:12:04 am »
BTW, what happens when you get reported over three times?
just curious cause I'm getting a little scared  :(

Offline AbbyTheRat

• Salutes: 52
    • [◉‿◉]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2015, 08:31:13 am »
Depends on the report, Noir, if they have no merits, nothing happens to much, they just hang around on your records for a little bit.

If they do, Muse will most likely contact you to discuss things, usually a warning for the first time, and goes up. Each report is seen by human eyes.

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2015, 08:45:54 am »
Plus, some of the more grumpy players like... oh right... have pages and pages of blocked players, so quite possibly every lobby would be blocked.

I'm not grumpy, I just don't want to listen to people screaming obscenities, acting like a toddler and just general screaming, or my personal favorite, the low level kid who thinks he is all that is man but flies a mobula with some horrific build and gets killed every few seconds that he spawns, then berates his allies and crew for his own deficiencies.

Oh then theres the ones who will get verbally abusive when you try to inform them that dual light flak or some freakish builds don't work.

People I know who refuse to block list and try to think that there is a decent human being in some of those nuts...those are the ones who get grumpy. Why so angry? Just block list and be done with it. Silence is bliss. Sooner people master that, the better this game becomes!

I concur. It's gotten to the level that my sarcastic coaching (its how I stay sane-and its not like I'm being profane besides ffs) has gotten me so many reports that I got an official warning.