Author Topic: A crew in guns is like...  (Read 9569 times)

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
A crew in guns is like...
« on: January 17, 2015, 02:29:16 pm »
A kitchen full of staff. You got the head chef, the dish washer, the assistant cook (sammich maker) and the waitress.

One person screws up and the whole thing fulls apart. So when I hear this talk with noobs being all "its only a game."

I think cooking mama's a game, but I dun want to see her sad. HOW DARE YOU MAKE MAMA SAD NOOB!

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
Re: A crew in guns is like...
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2015, 02:44:00 pm »
Just a humble suggestion Ceresbane, but why not try lowering the standards of your clans recruitment requirements and push the recruitment forward more? Spot the guys and girls who, even if they suck, tried and ask them to think about joining a clan. You've got a good clan tag for it, so start building your crew again, it's a pain in the arse, yes, but it must be worth it. :)

Offline Hilary Briss

• Salutes: 22
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2015, 02:49:39 pm »
For want of a mallet the trim was lost.
For want of a trim engines the position was lost.
For want of a good position the hull was lost.
For want of a hull the battle was lost.
For want of a battle the match was lost.
And all for the want of a mallet.

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2015, 03:03:46 pm »
Just a humble suggestion Ceresbane, but why not try lowering the standards of your clans recruitment requirements and push the recruitment forward more? Spot the guys and girls who, even if they suck, tried and ask them to think about joining a clan. You've got a good clan tag for it, so start building your crew again, it's a pain in the arse, yes, but it must be worth it. :)

Nah. Being a mercenary player is way cooler. If noob wants to get better, then you at least better show some talent. I've taught people raw before it takes forever for very little personal gain to me.

and by the gods, do I teach the noobs in pub. But they dun listen, make the mistakes I predict literally 30 seconds ago and go right into the predicted outcome I warned.

None of it goes in. You prove you got talent before you are worth my damn time.

Offline Kamoba

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2015, 02:03:13 am »
Then that's where you're going wrong dude.. Assuming people are not worth your time, it stops you keeping the same people coming back to your ships and keeps a constant influx of newbies onto your ship, resulting in your repeated problem.
Your ship gets destroyed before the newbies can repair it the battle is lost your MMR is effected and you're left playing with the lower levels, meaning you're only ever meeting new players.

Stop putting yourself above other people and try a little bit of humility and maybe things will turn around.:)

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2015, 12:20:42 pm »
A crew in GOI is like the body and the captain is like the mind. A bad crew with a bad captain is like a severe autistic. They shouldn't be counted upon in a fight and subsist mostly of the mercy of others (I apologize to those with autism and their care takers, it is just the best analogy I could think of). A great crew with a bad captain is like a heavily concussed prize fighter. They don't know a good situation from a bad situation but if thing line up correctly (mostly through luck) they can land a knock out blow. A great captain with a bad crew is like crippled soldier, they have the expertise to be extremely dangerous, but won't be able to last very long especially when their opponents find their weak spot. Only when captain and crew are both operating at a high level do you get something truly dangerous. A creature that knows the limits of what is physically possible in a fight and the ability to reach that limit.

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2015, 12:28:53 pm »
Then that's where you're going wrong dude.. Assuming people are not worth your time, it stops you keeping the same people coming back to your ships and keeps a constant influx of newbies onto your ship, resulting in your repeated problem.
Your ship gets destroyed before the newbies can repair it the battle is lost your MMR is effected and you're left playing with the lower levels, meaning you're only ever meeting new players.

Stop putting yourself above other people and try a little bit of humility and maybe things will turn around.:)

>implying I don't know most of the competitive players in the community and play with them instead.

Offline Kamoba

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2015, 12:49:39 pm »

>implying I don't know most of the competitive players in the community and play with them instead.

I know you know members of the community, and I know they know you too. However I've heard more about the bad crews than I have the good, so I give advice toward the problems you complain about most.
Not saying you're wrong, because on all accounts your overall point is right, but sometimes a different approach can make a huge difference.

Offline Dutch Vanya

• Salutes: 107
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2015, 02:55:55 pm »

Ceresbane, your posts always leave a bad taste in my mouth. i'm sure people feel the same way about me, but you have singehandedly made me want to stop visiting this forum.

Offline GeoRmr

• Salutes: 178
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
    • Storm Ryders
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2015, 09:17:58 pm »

Ceresbane, your posts always leave a bad taste in my mouth. i'm sure people feel the same way about me, but you have singehandedly made me want to stop visiting this forum.

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2015, 09:52:18 pm »

I waffle between opinions with Ceres, but I have no problem with Vanya...

Offline Queso

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 126
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2015, 11:41:08 pm »
Hey, guys, cool it. If you have a problem with someone, bring it up with them in private, in an appropriate manner. If that's not an option you bring it to any moderator, staff member, or CA who can direct your issues appropriately. I am locking this thread as it has gone off topic. If you take issue with the actions of myself, or any moderator, staff member, community ambassador, or player, feel free to contact abuse@musegames.com.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 11:43:34 pm by Queso »