Author Topic: Exactly how big is our roleplay community?  (Read 5119 times)

Offline Alexor Huxley

• Salutes: 9
    • [ATR]
    • View Profile
Exactly how big is our roleplay community?
« on: January 05, 2015, 11:47:29 pm »
Pretty much what the title says.

I'm really into roleplay, and would love to sew some new lore with fellow players, but the Cantina seems more suited toward individual character bios/stories than cooperative roleplaying which would require a little more organization than a single forum section can provide.

Since it doesn't have an overly developed roleplay section, I was just wondering how big that part of our community is? I guess just a show of hands or something, or the observational wisdom of an older member. I'd just like to know if putting too much love into something would be fruitless or not.

Thanks!
-Alexor

Offline DrTentacles

• Salutes: 30
    • [GSR]
    • View Profile
Re: Exactly how big is our roleplay community?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2015, 12:45:14 am »
I kinda consider myself, a member, as is most of my clan. We write short fiction, and have pretty defined character backgrounds, but the nature of Guns makes RP like you'd find in an MMO difficult. From what I've seen, we're mostly scattered individuals with sporadic bursts of lore, though there was a pretty big tournament (the Aerodrome) recently which I took part in, which had a pretty strong-though "On the side" RP section.

Offline Jester Schulz

• Salutes: 4
    • [BLFI]
    • View Profile
Re: Exactly how big is our roleplay community?
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2015, 09:11:44 am »
Over all there are a lot of people on the forum doing RP stuff but as of lately there has been a dry season. Things have really really slowed down compared to what it was a year or two ago. I've set up a few of my stuff for people to read but there isn't as much traffic in the RP area as it use to be. Some of the senior RP'ers are working on finishing up the last bit of their collaborative story and are either going to start it all back up or start a new one, but who knows when that will be. They just need time on their end to finish up. The forum is really open to what you want. If you want to start something, go right ahead. Have an idea? Post it. The skies the limits in the RP section, it's just a matter of who is willing to start up. We are an open community and are very supportive of anyone who seek sanctuary. The forum is in dire need of a kick start and we are waiting for someone to champion the revival. Are you willing to stoke the fire or are you awaiting for someone to get things burning? Up to you entirely. That's writing wise. For physical RP, your best bet would be to look for a clan that does a lot of RP during games and has there own community that they can share their own content. There are a number of clans that do this, you would just need to send out a word that you are looking for an RP clan and one that you would fit best with. If you have some friends who are willing to RP with you then go right ahead.