Author Topic: Remove bridges in water hazard  (Read 27942 times)

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
Re: Remove bridges in water hazard
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2015, 05:20:14 pm »
So the whole argument still going on here is..."my PC sucks, change the game so I can play it?"

Thats it I'm outa here...

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2015, 06:20:18 pm »
3 pages of it, too!

Offline Indreams

• Salutes: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2015, 07:38:42 pm »
In all honesty, GOIO isn't the most optimized game in the world. And since 2007, nothing runs as intended on PC.

Muse still have some work to do to smooth out the game.

That said, don't tale me wrong. GOIO is the one game I've never uninstalled, whatever patch, windows update, Mac os update, and computer viruses make it unplayable.

Btw, I always love the anime gifs. Salutes to Gilder.

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2015, 07:55:46 pm »
In all honesty, GOIO isn't the most optimized game in the world. And since 2007, nothing runs as intended on PC.

Muse still have some work to do to smooth out the game.

Adding to this offtopic, Muse says on their site that minimum requirements are:
- Windows 7 or Mac OS X 10.6 or later, or Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, 32-bit
- 2 GHz processor
- 2 GB RAM
- Dedicated video card with 256 MB VRAM
- 3 GB available HD space
- Broadband Internet connection

Sadly I had the "pleasure" of playing GOIO on older computer (I'm having mine repaired) which has
-Dual Core 2,6Ghz processor
-4GB RAM
-Dedicated video card with 512MB memory

And the game set to 1300-something x 700-something resolution, with all graphical options set to LOW or DISABLED was pretty much unplayable (10-20 fps). This speaks for itself I think.

About the bridges - I used to bump into them all the time :D For me they hold no tactical potential (at least I'm not using it) but they probably aren't that much of a hassle to render. Personally wouldn't mind them removed.

Offline SnaG

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 2
    • [2620]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2015, 08:57:01 pm »
Kinda think the bridges look quite nice on that map.. they help to break up an otherwise fairly bleak scene, which I'm guessing is why they're there (as with the buildings). As for tactical use, I've probably used them 2-3 times to place an object between me and a hwacha/ heavy flak. All in all, I'd probably be sad for about 10mins to see them go, but only if they are actually causing load issues, which seems unlikely..

Offline Imagine

• Salutes: 59
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch Stream
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2015, 02:45:41 pm »
Minimum specs are never useful. Someone at Muse should make a recommended specs, those are much more telling.

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2015, 08:01:39 pm »
Minimum specs are never useful. Someone at Muse should make a recommended specs, those are much more telling.

That's a good idea. For me minimum specs should be the specs to run game smoothly on lowest (or almost lowest) graphical setting. Should the bar of "smoothly" be set on 30 fps or 60 fps is a matter of opinion (but I think 60 is more like it).

Offline Queso

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 126
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2015, 12:07:16 am »
I mean, min spec hasn't been updated in a while while the game has changed a lot. Happens to a lot of games. One must remember though that even near identical hardware can run the same game differently. The closer you toe the line, the more unpredictable performance gets.

The game still does get tested to ensure it runs on min spec though, which reminds me of a picture I took over the summer.

Offline Imagine

• Salutes: 59
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch Stream
« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2015, 11:36:10 am »
I mean, min spec hasn't been updated in a while while the game has changed a lot. Happens to a lot of games. One must remember though that even near identical hardware can run the same game differently. The closer you toe the line, the more unpredictable performance gets.

The game still does get tested to ensure it runs on min spec though, which reminds me of a picture I took over the summer.
Oh I don't doubt that a min spec machine can still run the game, but min specs are basically only made to say yes, if you have this the game will run on your computer.

Run optimally, or in a consistently playable condition though? Completely different story.

Offline Wundsalz

• Salutes: 72
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2015, 02:41:07 am »
min settings are a wishy washy line. What's considered playable, really?
E.g. Phelan has played a couple of competitive matches on a really crappy notebook which is below the min spec.
All settings minimal, resolution turned down to mid-90s standards and voila he was able to run the game with occasional lag spikes if someone placed a flare. Technically the game was just barely playable with that system... still I'd personally consider it a bit daring to state it fulfills the minimal requirements because of the non-game breaking performance drops during peaks and because I think noone wants to play games with a 640x480 resolution anymore these days.

Sadly I had the "pleasure" of playing GOIO on older computer (I'm having mine repaired) which has
-Dual Core 2,6Ghz processor
-4GB RAM
-Dedicated video card with 512MB memory

And the game set to 1300-something x 700-something resolution, with all graphical options set to LOW or DISABLED was pretty much unplayable (10-20 fps). This speaks for itself I think.
I ran the game with a very similar system just decently a while back. Min settings + 1680x1050 resolution.
now, after I've upgraded my graphic card I can run GoIO fluently on max settings:
Dual Core 3Ghz,
4GB RAM
GeForce GTX 560Ti
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 02:46:19 am by Wundsalz »