Author Topic: In game pre match start timer.  (Read 7888 times)

Offline Replaceable

• Salutes: 84
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
In game pre match start timer.
« on: January 01, 2015, 04:13:43 pm »
It would make the game fairer if all players begin' at the same time.
(People may load in later than each other.)

It is unfair for a pilot to move before another ship.

It is unfair for one buff engi to begin buffing before another.

I would like to see a sort of count down timer once everyone has loaded in. In which movement is suspended.

I realise people may feel 10 seconds or so would be minimal and this is waste of muse's time. But i think it would if anything make competitve play a bit fairer for both teams.

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
Re: In game pre match start timer.
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2015, 04:32:29 pm »
I know Ceresbane complains about taking forever to load in, so I'm sure they'd appreciate it.  10 seconds before match start sounds plenty fair to me.  But the question is, where would we spawn?  Inside each other?

Offline Replaceable

• [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2015, 05:19:22 pm »
Ships would spawn, and the players on each ship spawn in same locations as victory screen?

Or all inside a single point facing the same way.

Offline Mysterious Medic

• Salutes: 35
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2015, 05:52:01 pm »
If you look back at older competitive games they're solution used to be to have all the captains "ready" and then start the match. I think we stopped doing that because the time difference in loading in became more minimal (it could have been way longer back then).

Offline Replaceable

• [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2015, 06:22:50 pm »
Ahh well i like this a lot. Because i always feel really frustrated as a buff engineer when you have a slow load in

"Aaagh could have been so much more efficient."

Oh and in capture points- the slow load in is the difference between a point block or not.

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2015, 06:53:07 pm »
It would make the game fairer if all players begin' at the same time.
(People may load in later than each other.)

It is unfair for a pilot to move before another ship.

It is unfair for one buff engi to begin buffing before another.

I would like to see a sort of count down timer once everyone has loaded in. In which movement is suspended.

I realise people may feel 10 seconds or so would be minimal and this is waste of muse's time. But i think it would if anything make competitve play a bit fairer for both teams.

10 seconds?

try 30. but i hear competition matches will now start on pause until the roll call is complete confirming everyone has loaded in.

I know Ceresbane complains about taking forever to load in, so I'm sure they'd appreciate it.  10 seconds before match start sounds plenty fair to me.  But the question is, where would we spawn?  Inside each other?

Its an actual thing m8. I have to warn my crew to either take helm in my stead when I'm piloting or survive long enough with only 1 active engie while I load in. that or the ppl I tend to play with just know to do it because, its like some character trait of mine or summat.

Or in terms of pubs. Realise some scrub just stole my helm for our ship to go into a suicide run, faaaaaar too late for even my skillful piloting to get out of.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 06:57:33 pm by Ceresbane »

Offline Replaceable

• [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2015, 07:04:25 pm »
I just took a wild stab at 10 seconds :) i think 20 or 30 would be ideal.

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2015, 08:18:45 pm »
How about Dota-like window saying "PLAYERS READY x/16" and just game begins when everyone is ready (meaning game is loaded). If someone is failing to get ready the game would just start after 20-30 seconds.

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2015, 09:14:45 pm »
I can just imagine the noobs now when you apply such a thing.
They have to demand for people to ready up twice.

disaster can you be more detailed on how that would apply in guns?

This is after the countdown, in lobby and after the countdown in loading screen

From what I can understand... its like the start screen of a call of duty start screen where the game is loaded with all assets ready but the game is in a pause state and you are asked if you are ready.

You confirm, and wait for everyone else to confirm.

I can see alot of people seeing it as a rather redundant step. Us vets understand the necessity for it in competition and fair play. But the scrubs (which make up the large majority) will not be amused, by so many measures of making sure everyone is ready.

I'm not saying I don;t want it. I'm just saying if you think this is actually gonna be a thing. Its not. Its gonna be highly unlikely to be applied. As per the nature of PC gaming, get a better PC, or get a better internet connection. Makes me sad being as poor as I am but thats just how things are.

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2015, 10:20:20 pm »
It would be part of or replace the loading screen (after lobby readies) and it would automatically count you as ready when all your stuff is loaded and connected.

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2015, 10:33:52 pm »
It would be part of or replace the loading screen (after lobby readies) and it would automatically count you as ready when all your stuff is loaded and connected.

Thats the thing the game loads in AI when the player is absent and removes them when the game thinks you're ready. When in fact you're indeed loaded in the game from server side.

But on the player end, you have not actually fully loaded yet. For this to work there would have to be input from the player's end to confirm. And not the kind where the game detects the input but not outputted in the game.

e.g. I'm still loading in. But when I press the buttons, the game does detect those presses. It just does process them as actual actions within the game itself.

Offline Replaceable

• [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2015, 06:43:48 am »
Yeah something like dota would work, hell even like the start of call of duty..

Players can be punished for not readying in game, if need be to prevent trolls.