Author Topic: Random question from Russian guy  (Read 18464 times)

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
Re: Random question from Russian guy
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2014, 07:51:46 am »
Thanks for all the replies and i actually was prepared for shitstorm, but still don't want it. Just, well, opinion on my country.
And concerning "rude russians", well in our country we use term "schololo" for them - couse mostly it's students from school and we, adequate russians, hate them even more than you. ) For obvious reason.
Still, i'm really glad that you different government from people.

Why do russions say motherland? What folktale roots does it stem from?

Well, we tend to talk about our land as of Woman, Mother, who feed us and treat us as it's children. It was started even before our country accepted the Christianity.
And that was thing, actually. "Motherland calls!" shout bring more people to fight against Nazi in World War 2, than "For Stalin" or something like that.

My mother use to open up rooms for exchange students. I do recall the rich russian kids being complete bastards (japanese, saudi arabians, not so much). So that's an actual thing?

Actually even at Uni there were russians like that... suffice to say they were very argumentative but weren't very smart. One me and my friend referred to as "Cancer" complained to the Tutor (a goddamn king's college film theory phd professor) that his Lecture's weren't interesting enough to learn anything.

This... is said from the class representative of our class *facepalm. Suffice to say... me and my friend vehemently disagreed with that attitude, as we knew that our teacher isn't there to do our studying for us.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2014, 07:57:05 am by Ceresbane »

Offline Schwalbe

• Salutes: 178
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2014, 08:17:30 am »
2. British want to pick a fight when you disagree with them and in the tone they say it, it seems like they want a fist fight with a dude in the internet. also ya mum jokes
5. russians are pushy and are noob know it alls that know nothing apparently.

Yes. This. Totally.

Offline IvKir

• Salutes: 8
    • [CBC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2014, 02:11:38 am »

My mother use to open up rooms for exchange students. I do recall the rich russian kids being complete bastards (japanese, saudi arabians, not so much). So that's an actual thing?

Actually even at Uni there were russians like that... suffice to say they were very argumentative but weren't very smart. One me and my friend referred to as "Cancer" complained to the Tutor (a goddamn king's college film theory phd professor) that his Lecture's weren't interesting enough to learn anything.

This... is said from the class representative of our class *facepalm. Suffice to say... me and my friend vehemently disagreed with that attitude, as we knew that our teacher isn't there to do our studying for us.

Well, idiots happens to be in every nation. ) There enough smart russian kids, who just dont rich enough or don't have right connections to study in other countrys. So yap...
About "motherland"... considering, that we think of family as alliance between woman and man (and no man-man, or woman-woman family considered normal), most of us quite respectful of theirs mothers and we prefer to be tight contact with our fathers and mothers. And if a successful man lives with he's mother - its not considered as bad thing.

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2014, 09:31:04 am »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGUQfJ7xfME

just to get nation stereotypes out of my system.

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2014, 09:28:13 pm »
with hwacha spam... that would be a very long and boring fight.

I am now unhyped at thunderdome. You ruined by childhood. :'(

Also I might as well cross borders and just say it frankly, like any brit would.

1. Italians lag because of their poor internet. (only basing this off the fighting game community)
2. British want to pick a fight when you disagree with them and in the tone they say it, it seems like they want a fist fight with a dude in the internet. also ya mum jokes
3. americans act like belligerent children. get cocky when they win, even in matches where they got carried by a vet. and no loss is ever directly their own fault.
4. koreans are super competitive but hold a rudimentary understanding of how to be and hence charge in thinking they can be rambo.
5. russians are pushy and are noob know it alls that know nothing apparently.

so yes. we all got our own lil stereotypes that exemplify our respective nations poorly. take it with a grain of salt. just don't get too salty.

I'm an equal opportunity noob hater.

What about Canadians?

I'm kinda tired of everyone forgetting Canada exists.

Offline Schwalbe

• [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2014, 05:14:25 am »
I played with only one Canadian so far. Or at least with only one to admit it. He was complaining about how everyone sees so-called "greatness" of living in Canada, and he's working in road management crew in more desolated parts of his country AND IT SUCK SO MUCH. We were battling for a while, which roads are worse - Canadian or Polish, and he surprisingly won saying, that one day a whole fuck-mothering bus fell through a hole, because ground waters wiped earth beneath it, creating a 7 meter deep cavern with thin ceil, so it didn't endure the mass of the bus. In a bloody ROAD.

Offline ShadedExalt

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2014, 08:26:03 am »
I'm Canadian, and I can indeed confirm that while it is great to live here, Winter time is a special kind of hell.  Some Provinces have it worse than others, but the Territories take the cake.  You get used to it real quick, though.

Offline GeoRmr

• [Rydr]
    • View Profile
    • Storm Ryders
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2014, 01:54:30 pm »
Didn't know they had internet in Canadia; learn something new erry day.

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2014, 02:35:26 pm »

Offline ShadedExalt

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2014, 08:24:38 pm »
I see how it is... Just because america has the biggest sticks, you think you're the best!

But we have sticks too!
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Vimy_Ridge

In all seriousness, ha ha guys, very funny.  At least we have trees.