Author Topic: Random question from Russian guy  (Read 18311 times)

Offline IvKir

• Salutes: 8
    • [CBC]
    • View Profile
Random question from Russian guy
« on: December 25, 2014, 12:30:41 am »
Good day, all-mighty all.

Well, after surfing and surfing web with some ideas and questions in mind, i come to this question:
So, kinda i was wondering, what are thoughts of this Community about Russia in common and how it changed with all that things, that happened with Ukraine? I'm Russian myself, and, for the record, i don't want to start another holywar or something like that.) Just your honest opinion.

Offline DaOrks

• Salutes: 12
    • [◥ɸ◤]
    • View Profile
Re: Random question from Russian guy
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2014, 01:03:29 am »
Dats a can of worms that should not be opened anywhere!

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2014, 04:43:05 am »
I don't think the American people know even half of whats going on in places around the world. Lot of under reporting and agendas imo. Then the rest is people just generally not wanting to see it. Course same can be said elsewhere too.

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2014, 11:29:09 am »
Hey- I have no beef with you or your country.  Your government?  Maybe not being the smartest right now, but hey, it's better than communism!

Offline Schwalbe

• Salutes: 178
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2014, 07:57:41 pm »
As DaOrks mentioned - it's not really a good idea to start such topic if yer not prepared for coming shitstorm. We want this community to stray from politics as far as it's possible. But I can answer your question - pardon my language, and possible lack of comprehension, I'm a bit weary.

People in my country don't really like you. As for me... I don't like three things. First of all - foreign policy of Russia. Second - by far I had a strange feeling that you are highly manipulated by media; could've been as well in my country BUT - I do not watch TV nor read newspapers. So I can't tell. Third thing, and that is mostly about russian themselves; most of them I've met in this game have an attitude not to give a fuck and act like masters of all. I mean - they behave like "fuck you, I'm russian, I'm allowed to do everything I want, amerykanska cyka". Pardon me, I'm not my ex, I do not speak russian. Everytime I see anyone from my country greeting me in polish, I tell'em to quit speaking it in international community, until we are alone - because it's rude that people hear and can't understand that. Russians, as I said, ain't give a shit about that. I know it's more about people and so called mentality, but in fact that mentality is something that have much impact on foreign policy of Russia - it's in fact sort of a vicious circle. History affects mentality, mentality affects policy, policy affects history.

But to end this sidetrack topic - as far, as team member is respectful, patient, keen to learn something, and keen to have some logical based discussion about anything, without getting to the level of deepest sewers, or "screw you, I know better" - I don't give a damn about their race, country, beliefs. And as long as they ain't try to convert me to their personal beliefs - I can fly with them.

I know some people from Kiev, they are learning at my faculty. Quite smart guys (they have to be, they want to survive at my faculty - pretty damn elite one, therfore: extremely difficult). They were against previous government (pardon me, I have weak memory for names). And they are far from right-wing extremity, or any extremity. Just like most of those people from euro-maydan (is it a proper pronounciation? I mean, that camp in centre of Kiev from first months of this year). Of course, there are guys from right-wing extremity - but as far as I know there were also quite a lot of anarchists. But most of them were just regular civilians, untied to any group. Many people were there because they were against bullshit corrupted government - is current any better? It's not worse as far as I know. In fact, they can't prove themselves very well, because of the war around east Ukraine.

Here is my honest opinion about the whole Ukrainian situation. People are told shit on every side. That's the only thing that can be sure. And what can be sure - so called prorussian separatists are definitely backed up by russian army. And even if there are people there, who want to live in Russia - well, for fucks sake, I don't suppose it was forbidden to move to Russia? Or any other godforsaken country. It ain't need any propaganda to look suspicious. Many other things - obscure. Except for one. People of eastern Ukraine are tired of all this. They don't care anymore. Most of them never cared, and they are now thrown in the middle of conflict.

Wanted my honest opinion? Here you are. And as I said - I'm going to be sick, so I'm getting side-tracked easily. Hope that nothing is offensive or something for anyone. Otherwise... well, learn to have a sort of distance to yourself, your life, your beliefs, and earn some bloody patience with world around ya.

Good night everyone.

Edit: I just noticed my levels - if only I had them in right order, my OCD would be satisfied. OR. If levels were displayed in alphabetical (in terms of class names) order - I would be in total peace and harmony. (I mean: engineer - 21, gunner - 14, pilot - 7 AW YISSS). Sorry. I really need some sleep.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2014, 08:02:24 pm by Schwalbe »

Offline DJ Logicalia

• Salutes: 191
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2014, 08:07:05 pm »
I think Russians are cool, just lIke everyone is cool! There's an equal distribution of rude players from every country.  The language barrier is what I'm sure frustrates most people, but it's like that with any people group. Russians aren't more or less rude than anyone else. I like to stay out of expressing my opinion on world politics, because there are so many dynamics, and I have a hard time keeping on top of the mess that is the American political system, also heated political discussion is the fastest way to a locked thread :p
« Last Edit: December 25, 2014, 08:37:39 pm by DJ Logicalia »

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2014, 08:10:08 pm »
Why do russions say motherland? What folktale roots does it stem from?

Offline Schwalbe

• [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2014, 08:13:37 pm »
Ha, yer damn right. I'm not trying to start any "heated discussion" though; it's just my regular way of speaking, especially when I don't feel well. For which I apologized twice, or something alike.

As for the regular distribution... weeeeeell... most of those rude players I encountered WERE russians. HOWEVER this might be just my bad luck. As I said - as far as nobody converts me nor try to act like superior entity, may fly with me without getting yelled / experiencing heavy salvos of my sarcasm / reports+blocks.

I say this, cause I don't wish to be misunderstood. He asked to be honest. I was. And I suppose only my ex liked my brutal honesty so far...

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2014, 08:33:07 pm »
Ha, yer damn right. I'm not trying to start any "heated discussion" though; it's just my regular way of speaking, especially when I don't feel well. For which I apologized twice, or something alike.

As for the regular distribution... weeeeeell... most of those rude players I encountered WERE russians. HOWEVER this might be just my bad luck. As I said - as far as nobody converts me nor try to act like superior entity, may fly with me without getting yelled / experiencing heavy salvos of my sarcasm / reports+blocks.

I say this, cause I don't wish to be misunderstood. He asked to be honest. I was. And I suppose only my ex liked my brutal honesty so far...

Personally, I don't mind some brutal honesty; It's when you're an asshole while being brutally honest I have a problem with.

Offline Canon Whitecandle

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2014, 08:54:36 pm »
The average American is an ignorant fuck.
My take on Crimea and Russia at this point in time? I know two things:
1. Russia's economy is tanking.
2. Putin is Russia's Man of the Year this year.
Doesn't say much about the Ukraine, but it says plenty about how screwed up your media is. Methinks you're spoonfed lies and propaganda, and I really wouldn't trust anything Baldy says about the good of the country. IMHO, I'd go Kramer (from the sit-com Seinfeld) on Putin and do the exact opposite of everything he predicts or suggests. What a menace.

Offline Schwalbe

• [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2014, 09:22:47 pm »
People tend to forget that lies and propaganda is a weapon with two ends. That's why I said I cannot be sure about that. On the other hand, you might have a right, taking count on content of russian media itself, not shown from perspective of different media or anything.

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2014, 09:50:15 pm »

Personally, I don't mind some brutal honesty; It's when you're an asshole while being brutally honest I have a problem with.

Thats a real no true scotsman there.

Brutal honesty and being offended by it is entirely subjective and dependant on who hears it. If it is merely honesty then it your own fault for holding aggressive denial over it, or even acting hurt by it. You can't say something like you said andapply it to reality, as that holds a selectiveness of what honesty is.

Often times I'm called an asshole for saying basic things like. If you were faster with that hull we wouldn't have died. If you didn't ignore that balloon fire we would have killed the target before that pop happened giving the enemy those key few seconds to counter. If you hadn't got a wrench mallet, you could have fixed that much faster. If you ran your chem patterns we wouldn't be on fire.

Those simple common sense words, are seen as very douchey by very whiny individuals who only want to hear praise. Sometimes I think they only ever realise their mistakes when I'm not saving their butts and joining the opposite team and showing just how much I had helped them by thoroughly (and effortlessly) destroying them.

Back in the old days with AI crew.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2014, 09:58:31 pm by Ceresbane »

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2014, 10:48:11 pm »
I think Russians are cool, just lIke everyone is cool! There's an equal distribution of rude players from every country.  The language barrier is what I'm sure frustrates most people, but it's like that with any people group. Russians aren't more or less rude than anyone else.

The Russian invasion that happened in Jan/Feb after launch was probably the worst period in GOIO history. Where I learned to instantly block list anyone speaking Russian. Oh man those players were bad. Loud, obnoxious, worse than XBL players. Every ship had to have hwacha or rockets of some kind. They'd get on your boat then ask "Why no hwacha?" Even if it was a squid, why no hwacha?! Then get verbally abusive if you didn't change it. Part of the reason Brick stopped playing as much as I did. He just got fed up with them. I told him to just block list but he didn't want to bother. We've had a long running joke whenever we see a galleon with all hwachas..."Hey Brick! Look, Russians!"

Not anti Russian at all but I've yet to meet a decent Russian player outside of Polaris in this game. Polaris, those guys were generally considered to be human beings. The others during that invasion...I dunno what species I'd classify them under. I'd like to put them and a bunch of CoD players inside a cage and do a thunderdome re-enactment. Then never open the cage.

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2014, 11:05:05 pm »
with hwacha spam... that would be a very long and boring fight.

I am now unhyped at thunderdome. You ruined by childhood. :'(

Also I might as well cross borders and just say it frankly, like any brit would.

1. Italians lag because of their poor internet. (only basing this off the fighting game community)
2. British want to pick a fight when you disagree with them and in the tone they say it, it seems like they want a fist fight with a dude in the internet. also ya mum jokes
3. americans act like belligerent children. get cocky when they win, even in matches where they got carried by a vet. and no loss is ever directly their own fault.
4. koreans are super competitive but hold a rudimentary understanding of how to be and hence charge in thinking they can be rambo.
5. russians are pushy and are noob know it alls that know nothing apparently.

so yes. we all got our own lil stereotypes that exemplify our respective nations poorly. take it with a grain of salt. just don't get too salty.

I'm an equal opportunity noob hater.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2014, 11:16:19 pm by Ceresbane »

Offline IvKir

• [CBC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2014, 11:23:02 pm »
Thanks for all the replies and i actually was prepared for shitstorm, but still don't want it. Just, well, opinion on my country.
And concerning "rude russians", well in our country we use term "schololo" for them - couse mostly it's students from school and we, adequate russians, hate them even more than you. ) For obvious reason.
Still, i'm really glad that you different government from people.

Why do russions say motherland? What folktale roots does it stem from?

Well, we tend to talk about our land as of Woman, Mother, who feed us and treat us as it's children. It was started even before our country accepted the Christianity.
And that was thing, actually. "Motherland calls!" shout bring more people to fight against Nazi in World War 2, than "For Stalin" or something like that.