Author Topic: New metas?  (Read 14745 times)

Offline VomAct

• Salutes: 11
    • [OVW]
    • View Profile
Re: New metas?
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2015, 12:18:00 am »
I would say the current meta mobula is hades on the top, artemis bottom hull side and top balloon side, and a carronade bottom balloon side.  The last gun (top hull side) I prefer as flare or gatling, but that seems personal preference.

An interesting set of developments more recently is the strong focus on counter and control builds like gat/carro pyramidion and merc/artemis combos in mobulas, pyras, and even junkers.  Of course, this is probably just because people got sick of getting constantly killed by f*** metamidions....

Offline BlackenedPies

• Salutes: 134
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2015, 06:46:23 pm »
Hades is superior for dps and arcs over the merc. Merc is the champion of Dunes.

Against charging pyras I love hull art (T) gat (B), balloon bottom art, top mine and right wing hades. Hades double art for long range, mine art gat for close.

I like facing metamidions because they essentially only have a gat until your armor breaks.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 06:49:04 pm by BlackenedPies »

Offline Byron Cavendish

• Salutes: 89
    • [TB]
    • View Profile
    • The Brotherhood
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2015, 12:43:32 pm »
Sammy, I will say to your post is you guys certainly had some of the best Hades gunners, but I think Caylin and Timmy in their prime were a good competition to that.