Author Topic: Guns Of Icarus Online Q&A Stream  (Read 36395 times)

Offline Pickle

• Salutes: 42
    • [AeBr]
    • View Profile
Re: Guns Of Icarus Online Q&A Stream
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2013, 08:36:32 am »
11pm might be a bit late for me tonight, but I'll see what I can do..

Offline bubbalubber

• Salutes: 1
    • View Profile
    • bubbalubber's variety gaming channel
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2013, 01:58:20 pm »
we have a date/time set, stream will be this friday at 10 PM GMT over at hashd.tv/bubbalubber

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2013, 04:00:06 am »
Whatever you do make sure you ask some sort of duck related question, like: how will you in incorporate ducks into adventure mode. How will you optimize duck assets to maxamize the amount of ducks on screen, what are the most ducks you think you'll be able to fit in an adventure mode level and what type of duck ship skins are currently being designed right now?

Just so you know, I am being entirely serious and I will absolutely watch the stream replay if you ask these questions.

Offline bubbalubber

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2013, 05:01:27 am »
i have the perfect question, its a reference to when the playstation 3 was first enveiled they had a demonstration with a bunch of ducks in a bath to display water physics etc and they said "this demonstration uses lod technology, that stands for lots of ducks"
ill ask how they plan to incorperate lod technology into guns of icarus online

Offline Morblitz

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 35
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2013, 05:21:03 am »
I have granted you your first salute for that post. Good show.

Offline Squash

• Salutes: 71
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2013, 05:50:37 am »
So say we all!

Offline MasX

• Salutes: 26
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2013, 05:04:34 pm »
Stepping  into qwerty2jam territory huh?
Bold man

Offline bubbalubber

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2013, 04:55:06 pm »
ive streamed for quite a while, i just figured id do a some stuff on goio as im a fan of the game and excited about adventure mode. if qwerty2jam wanted to do something colab with me id be honoured :D

Offline Keon

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 105
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2013, 06:21:32 pm »
Well, the thing is.. we have some established video types on the forum and the community as a whole has a very good relationship with the developers.  There are no closed doors when it comes to asking them questions - not like GW where occasional fanboy appearances were made by Gail in Lion's Arch.

A read through this forum would see how the Q&A banter operates, and might identify a few outstanding questions that haven't been addressed yet.

And to be blunt.. stepping up with your first post to ask the community to provide ammunition for pimping your videostream, that's not really presenting your best side to the community from the get-go.  We've been here for months, we know who we are and we've a rough idea of what's already been asked and answered on the forum and in-game.  What comes from an introduction like this is the question comes to mind, "What can you hope to tell us about the game when you're so new to it yourself?" - in particular, new to the forum/community aspect.

If I wanted someone to interview the devs, personally I'd choose Twinkie D-lite.  But mostly because he has such a great accent and is already known, or N-Sunderland because it would force him to get a mic.

And if this seems abrupt, it is - I just assume someone who puts themselves up to the public on a videostream will have tough skin.

You sir get a salute for your plan to mic Sunderland.

Offline Helmic

• [NCNS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2013, 07:14:17 pm »
Well, as far as questions go, I still don't know how Muse is handling those who felt they were mislead about the inclusion of Adventure Mode in the original Kickstarter.  I don't feel comfortable parting with my money if there's a chance I'm going to get burnt on some detail I "misread" a la The War Z.

Offline Pickle

• [AeBr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2013, 07:54:25 pm »
Helmic - the important thing to remember is that *this* Kickstarter project is unlikely to deliver Adventure Mode.  The first stretch target that even resembles a complete AM is $500,000.  Up until that point it's 50-shades of PvE and Co-Op.  Personally I don't have a problem with that, and the small print is writ large in big fonts.  I've backed it, knowing the difference between what's possible and what's likely.  My interpretation is that going the Indie route may mean that Muse will require at least one more funding injection before full AM is achieved (after this KS appeal) - that could be from a conventional publisher seeing something they like, or another crowd-funding appeal, or a VC providing a funding package  until release.

Offline Helmic

• [NCNS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2013, 08:02:02 pm »
Woahwoahwoahwoahwoah.  I specifically put down money expecting Adventure Mode.  Complete Edition adventure mode at that.  I don't want 50 shades of PvE and co-op, that's not what I paid in advance for.  I'm PRETTY certain they intend on going full Adventure Mode with this Kickstarter, if not I'm pulling my pledge.  There's nothing in that Kickstarter page that led me to believe I wouldn't get Adventure Mode.  Now, if they miss their funding goal, no money's taken from me, so I'm going to guess you're referring to that.

I'm going to assume you're misreading something and that Muse is actually sane, and that the previous Kickstarter was an honest misunderstanding that they're working to make right (at least until I can get an answer from a dev).
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 08:04:23 pm by Helmic »

Offline Squash

• Salutes: 71
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2013, 08:09:36 pm »
Helmic, take a breath. Go look at the kickstarter, it tells you what you get at each donation increment, I think they're all intervals of 100k.

Offline Helmic

• [NCNS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2013, 08:12:57 pm »
Yeah, the promise is still Adventure Mode.  I don't expect to be paying again for the Economic expansion should that goal be met at a later date.  Rereading the original Kickstarter, it does seem like they failed to provide a promised feature, and various Muse posts recognize that it was their bad.  My original question was about how they're handling that.

I understand you guys are trying to be helpful but I really think this is something only the Muse team or those that have requested a refund or some other solution can answer.

EDIT:  From the Muse Kickstarter comments, by Muse: "If we can't raise that as part of this Kickstarter, you will get a Season Pass to all the DLC we will release along the way to Adventure Mode feature complete. You will still get Adventure Mode at some point, it just won't be in one big DLC as we'd like it to. That's just how we have to structure it being indie devs."  So yes, heart attack over, you're definitely getting what's been promised to you.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 08:22:51 pm by Helmic »

Offline Pickle

• [AeBr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2013, 04:59:24 am »
Muse have been very open about the project, at least this time - I wasn't around for the first KS project, so can't comment.  The funding goals are very clear about what is likely to be delivered at each tier of stretch funding.  Whether everyone that's backing it fully understands that or not is something else, there is a risk that some people are just reading "Adventure Mode" and seeing the $100,000 funding target and not realising that one does not equal the other.

Looking at some of the updates posted, they already working on elements of stretch funding goals, e.g. the town building models.  I don't think many of the early adopters would be upset if some features were released at a stage that was quite basic.  For example, if cities and towns were modelled but not skinned.  Art assets could be added along the way.