Author Topic: Guns Of Icarus Online Q&A Stream  (Read 36567 times)

Offline bubbalubber

• Salutes: 1
    • View Profile
    • bubbalubber's variety gaming channel
Guns Of Icarus Online Q&A Stream
« on: April 02, 2013, 05:01:39 am »
Good day to you all,
                                I am making this topic partially as an announcement for a live stream that shall be occurring sometime soon (possibly later this week) where I shall be playing Guns of Icarus Online with a few of the developers from Muse Games over at hashd.tv/bubbalubber.

The specific date/time hasn't been finalized yet but I will keep anyone interested in the stream updates here.

My main reason for making this post is I would like input from you lot, the fellow fans of Guns of Icarus Online. If you weren't able to see the reddit ama, or your question didn't get asked at it then leave your questions for the devs here and I will pick some of the best to include in the Q&A session ill be having as part of the live stream.

Any of you unable to make it to the stream itself can still watch the vods of it which will go up on my youtube channel youtube.com/xbubbalubberx shortly after the stream.

Thank you for taking the time to read this post and I look forward to your interesting questions.

Offline Pickle

• Salutes: 42
    • [AeBr]
    • View Profile
Re: Guns Of Icarus Online Q&A Stream
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 05:22:43 am »
We're a pretty direct crowd here.. if we want to know what colour socks Howard is wearing, we usually just ask on the forum..

Offline Squash

• Salutes: 71
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 05:27:40 am »
what colour socks Howard is wearing

Conspicuously left out of the last patch notes.

Offline bubbalubber

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2013, 05:32:13 am »
We're a pretty direct crowd here.. if we want to know what colour socks Howard is wearing, we usually just ask on the forum..

lol well ill keep that in mind, ive got a few questions of my own jotted down, and once i have a date/time finalized ill post a video on my channel asking for more, but i just thought id get this thread out here so if anyone did have any they could get them to me :)

really excited for the stream, should be good :)

Offline Squash

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2013, 05:36:05 am »
Could you tell us about yourself?

Offline bubbalubber

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2013, 05:39:16 am »
Could you tell us about yourself?

of course, well ive been doing video games on youtube for a few years, on and off in my free time, and recently i started to put serious work and effort into making it the best it can be.
i recently got proper video editing software which im currently learning to use and this will be my second interview/stream with a developer, my first being an interview with one of the devs behind the game dungeonland.

i play a variety of games and the ones im looking to cover on my youtube channel in the near future are guns of icarus, guildwars 2, possibly starcraft and a few other miscellaneous games.

i also stream and managed to get a trial partnership with the site hashd.tv and im currently working on building a viewer base up

Offline Pickle

• [AeBr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2013, 06:36:45 am »
Well, the thing is.. we have some established video types on the forum and the community as a whole has a very good relationship with the developers.  There are no closed doors when it comes to asking them questions - not like GW where occasional fanboy appearances were made by Gail in Lion's Arch.

A read through this forum would see how the Q&A banter operates, and might identify a few outstanding questions that haven't been addressed yet.

And to be blunt.. stepping up with your first post to ask the community to provide ammunition for pimping your videostream, that's not really presenting your best side to the community from the get-go.  We've been here for months, we know who we are and we've a rough idea of what's already been asked and answered on the forum and in-game.  What comes from an introduction like this is the question comes to mind, "What can you hope to tell us about the game when you're so new to it yourself?" - in particular, new to the forum/community aspect.

If I wanted someone to interview the devs, personally I'd choose Twinkie D-lite.  But mostly because he has such a great accent and is already known, or N-Sunderland because it would force him to get a mic.

And if this seems abrupt, it is - I just assume someone who puts themselves up to the public on a videostream will have tough skin.

Offline Lord Dick Tim

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 119
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2013, 06:41:14 am »
Be nice HP, this individual would do well just asking any question, as their viewers might not be familiar with any of the content they will be covering.
Just because we get it, blah blah blah, you get my point right?

Offline Squash

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2013, 06:47:41 am »
Yeah, seriously, it's not like this would preclude other streams, the more the better. But yeah, I can see how this could be more for the uninitiated than the frequenters of this forum.

Offline Pickle

• [AeBr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2013, 06:50:04 am »
Yeah.. I know LDT.. but as a first post I find it pretty insulting to the community.  It's a "help my vanity project" appeal with strong I-CBA-to-read-your-forum tendencies.  And they do put themselves up as a media figure who should be able to handle some criticism and defend their opening position.

I'm on a couple of forums where this type of opening post is an instant perma-ban.

Offline bubbalubber

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2013, 07:05:23 am »
HP thank you for your feedback, dont worry about hurting my feelings or anything, i do have a fairly tough skin as nothing people on the internet say can be as painful as physical bullying. my main reason for coming here was two fold
1) to possibly expand my viewerbase a bit and advertise a bit
2) get some questions that i might not have thought of/that are important to you

i think its great that the devs are so open, its great :) and makes me look forward to the interview as my questions are mostly about inspirations, etc stuff to do with the game development side as its something ive always been passionate about.

im happy to hear any feedback any of you have for me as all it can do is make my vids/streams better ^_^

also i apologise for leading with this sort of post, i was merely going by some advice given by the youtuber jesse cox "if your making a video on a game then go to the forums of that game and say hey i made a vid of this game" also his main advice "advertise like a shameless whore"

i didnt mean any offence by it and ill try to be more tactful in future :)

Offline Pickle

• [AeBr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2013, 07:18:34 am »
Ahh.. you fell down against Jesse's sound advice.  Advertise the video you've already made - not the one you're about to make.

- Here's a video I've made about the game we all love, can you help me make the next one better?

- I want to make a video about the game you love and I've just found, can you provide me with material?

There's a key difference in approach.  If you have been making videos about GOIO already, don't be shy about using them to establish your credentials with the community.  And shameless whoring of your stream would probably include mentioning the link somewhere.. ..

Offline bubbalubber

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2013, 07:33:41 am »
im not asking people to provide me with materials, i just thought ppl would appreciate a chance to ask  questions, i didnt know that alot were already answered on the forum.
also ive been a fan of GOIO for a while even though ive not gotten around to playing much, my reason for doing the vid/stream now is that i finally have descent video making setup and the kickstarter for the adventure mod, which i am supper excited about :) *fingers crossed for sky whales*

as for the stream link i put it in the first post but if you want here it is again: hashd.tv/bubbalubber

Offline Pickle

• [AeBr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2013, 08:06:52 am »
Ahh, so it is.. the forum software doesn't pick up on it and create a clickable link.

Offline bubbalubber

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2013, 08:19:59 am »
odd but oh well, im planning on streaming some guns of icarus tonight, any of you who wanna join me add bubbalubber on steam or just come down to the stream at 10 PM GMT, im happy to play with anyone