Author Topic: Practice Tools  (Read 5710 times)

Offline Crafeksterty

• Salutes: 73
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
Practice Tools
« on: December 23, 2014, 08:44:56 pm »
Ive suggested this before but i want to give it another more defined shot, see what we agree with and how not.

Wilsons Handbook Gunner slot, passive
Gives you damage numbers on each hit marker that you deal.
Great for theorizing and pin pointing the damage done by number in the expense of a slot.

Another practice tool that helps players math out numbers of damage done to enemy ships.
This can be a good way for explosive gun users to determine the ammount of health remaining on ships, or a callout for when the enemy ships armor will go down.

Evadnes Handbook Engineer slot, passive
Evadnes handbook shows the exact number of each components strength number when looked at.
-Shows number of armor and hull health on the Hull
-Shows the speed that engines go at
-Shows baloon strength that is defined by health+buff. Low health makes the baloons mobility of the ship less effective, thus giving the correct info there.
-Number of health on guns

A good tool to make the player familiar with the exact statistics on ships components. Which one is fastest, which one performs best during damage etc without any patch notes or out of game info.

Lusses Handbook Pilot slot, passive
Gives the player viable pathwise, and outlines that ships can take on the map screen.
The lines are based on thickness and thinnes. Thin being Low, thick being high, along with all the lines moving around the map showcasing for ways the ships can go in on each map.

Stopwatch Pilot slot equip
A stopwatch that counts down to the actions related to you Passively seen by only the user.
-Gives you a "Time spent off helm" time for every time you jump on helm (Good for practicing your speed and valuable time it takes to jump in and out of helm)
-You see the cooldown of repairs beyond range. not buff nor fire protection(Usefull for learning engineer routes and judging the value of taking the time to get to a component that dont need repairs)
-You see the reload on guns beyond your range. (Usefull because of expected timing of weapons shooting, and learning and getting on guns before reload.)

This is a good tool for all classes to better their commanding/expecting actions. In the expense of a Spyglass or a helm tool.
To perhaps balance it, we could make each specialties be exclusive to the class, so pilot gets Time spent off Helm, engineer cooldowns, and gunner reloads.
Much like the rangefinder but for in-ship practice, and in-ship observance.

MirrorGlass Helm tool
Allows the pilot get a free perspective below the ship, and a perspective above the ship. (as different zooms)
A good way to figuring out when your ship is going to hit something above or below.

Also very good for looking at the enemy ship directly below or above you.
Gives view advantage with peeking with just the top or bottomt of the ship.

Range Finder new Mechanic
An addition to the range finder, it now shows distance on a tagged enemy ship on an allready tagged enemy ship by a spyglass.

-----
Helpfull features

Report Card new feature
Get a real time score screen of your performance.

(Not too keen on this one as the report in the end of games dont exactly match up to your game performance, just class performance. And can maybe distract the player)

Recall New Feature
Clicking on ship names in the tab score screen will showcase their loadout in a miniscule 1.2.3.4.5.6 numbers with gun name.
Or just hovering over their names.

------
Avoiding the Handbooks

The handbook tools can be avoided with more proper statistics on the actual books ingame.
Evadnees handbook can be avoided to a degree with more info in the book stats for the actual ships, and ship selection screen.
Wilsons books can be more improved with the damage modifier place in with beside the base damage that the gun does.
Lusses can be avoided by adding these pathway hints in the actual book and showing their maps.

Offline Insanegorey

• Salutes: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Practice Tools
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2014, 04:03:39 pm »
Okay, so I do like the fact that they would add buffs, (considering that as engineer the thing that shows all the health of all components is "eh" considering that the icons on the sides of my screen tell me if im ****** or not, but would definitly help with practice.
Oh, and when you talked about Lusses Handbook, what exactly does that entail? Do you mean that you could show your fellow Captains where to go on the map if they pressed m and had the book equipped as well? because if that is what youre talking about, that is extremely cool and i one hundred percent say that that should be ingame, not even in practice, but in the matches.
regardless, I like this idea.

Offline Crafeksterty

• Salutes: 73
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2014, 09:41:25 pm »
It was just showing able paths on each map if you have Lusses handbok.

Thick lines being high, thin lines being low.
Its good for newbies as there are paths i never see taken by newb standard, but should be mentioned for the sake of trying these paths out.

Offline Canon Whitecandle

• Salutes: 8
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2015, 11:52:52 am »
Worth a shot, I say. Support.

Offline Wolfprints

• Salutes: 5
    • [WOLF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2015, 05:38:33 pm »
I like this idea a lot, but it seems like this could put a LOT of information on your screen at one time, to the point where it would be really distracting. I know it's tools, so you have to bring them, but something to consider.

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2015, 09:24:47 pm »
I like this idea a lot, but it seems like this could put a LOT of information on your screen at one time, to the point where it would be really distracting. I know it's tools, so you have to bring them, but something to consider.

Tell that to star fox and ace combat.

You just get use to it and take in the info naturally.