Author Topic: Flying the Mobula: Wat Do?  (Read 17193 times)

Offline VomAct

• Salutes: 11
    • [OVW]
    • View Profile
Re: Flying the Mobula: Wat Do?
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2014, 07:10:43 pm »
The mobula is the only ship in the game you can have two completely different sets of weapons pointed in the same direction.

First off, hull engineer gets an artemis on bottom, and doesn't leave it even at close range (good for precision disables) except to repair the hull.  Balloon side engi starts on top of the wing with an artemis, then jumps down to the carronade for when things get close and you need to get them below you.  Third engi/gunner takes the top mercury until they don't have arcs, then jumps to the top of the wings and either takes the balloon side top artemis or the hull side top gatling.

Also, totally agreed on claw being a waste of time.  If you have to turn more than 90 degrees one of two things is happening. Either you are moving into cover from enemy snipers or you are being ambushed.  If you are moving into cover, you don't need the extra turning speed; if you are being ambushed, you are either dead or your enemy is not a threat to you at all.

Offline Ayetach

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 77
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2014, 01:17:45 am »
Daniel you made my eyes bleed at your walls of text. Add a tl;dr mate.

Offline Dementio

• Salutes: 135
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2014, 06:27:21 am »
Daniel you made my eyes bleed at your walls of text. Add a tl;dr mate.

If you can't be bothered to learn flying the ship by reading tipps and advice from an experienced player than so be it.

I actually did add a tl;dr-ish version at the end of each post, but ok, you don't have to read if you are not interested.

Offline Schwalbe

• Salutes: 178
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2014, 11:04:51 am »
I'll still be saying, that full-banshee/full-flamer mobula is the most of a fun, when confronting enemies in pubs. Unless enemies are hardened veterans, or you have a trolling noob engineer aboard. But that's just my opinion.

Daniel, yer walls of text make much sense. Everything explaind and backed by experience and numbers. I like that.

Offline MightyKeb

• Salutes: 78
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2014, 06:35:08 pm »
I'll still be saying, that full-banshee/full-flamer mobula is the most of a fun, when confronting enemies in pubs. Unless enemies are hardened veterans, or you have a trolling noob engineer aboard. But that's just my opinion.

Daniel, yer walls of text make much sense. Everything explaind and backed by experience and numbers. I like that.

That reminds me, I once went up against a full flare mobula in a 3v3 on canyon. We thought it was a good idea for the whole team to go long range builds. The result? A match lasting longer than James Cameron's Avatar involving a hwachafish hugging the wall behind our spawn and a mobula spreading the green floating vomit of happiness on literally every choke we considered going through. In a way it was brilliant that it managed to keep us at bay.

But please, never go 5flare mobula. Munkers are challenging to fight up close for a fresh pilot like me, but that... thing.. you could run it on dunes and pretend dustclouds aren't a thing.

Offline Schwalbe

• Salutes: 178
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2014, 06:47:45 pm »
Was that mobula piloted by LeonXross?

Offline MightyKeb

• Salutes: 78
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2014, 02:25:43 am »
Was that mobula piloted by LeonXross?

Dunno. I added him after the match but I cant tell whether he is lost in my sea of inactive friends or just removed me. But looking back,that's quite a familiar name,were you there by any chance?